[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 08:37 AM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
[Image: e0696d90.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
07-12-2013, 11:22 AM
(06-12-2013 09:43 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 12:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  But you don't appear smart. You are looking quite irrational.

I don't care how I appear and I have no regard for your opinions.

Obviously. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 01:50 PM
(06-12-2013 11:22 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Every time I post about this subject it should become clear that I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me. I'm not going to yield to attempts at intimidation or shaming.

And *we* obviously don't care what *you* think.

You have your hands firmly over your ears and refuse to hear anyone else's side of this matter, but you're asserting that everyone else is supposed to care about your "comprehensive disgust" with that same subject matter. (You want to be heard but refuse to hear others. Fantastic!) On top of it all you are using language suggestive of a victim complex; people disagreeing with you is not "intimidation" or "shaming." It is simply disagreeing.

All the things you are asking about have already been answered. You are ignoring the answers, restating your own opinion, then pretending that nobody is answering. Great.

So, yet again, I have no choice but to believe you have become what you hate.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 5 users Like Cephalotus's post
07-12-2013, 06:33 PM
(04-12-2013 07:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 07:40 AM)Chippy Wrote:  You appear to be a part of this delusional worldview. Ideas of witches, warlocks and spells are literally the stuff of teen-oriented fiction. If you have exited your teens and haven't come to a realisation that there is no such thing as magic(k) then you should be kept in high-school until you develop a basic capacity to test reality.

Sorry to disappoint you but I left *teen years* back in the 70s. Age has nothing to do with the capacity for being delusional.

How can you be an atheist while believe in witches?

Atheism from Latin means "without religion" which includes all types of bullshit, including your beliefs. You are a Wiccan (I believe they worship Lucifer) and not an atheist.
07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 07:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Sorry to disappoint you but I left *teen years* back in the 70s. Age has nothing to do with the capacity for being delusional.

How can you be an atheist while believe in witches?

Atheism from Latin means "without religion" which includes all types of bullshit, including your beliefs. You are a Wiccan (I believe they worship Lucifer) and not an atheist.

Except she doesn't. I suggest you read more of the thread. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 07:06 PM
(07-12-2013 07:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  How can you be an atheist while believe in witches?

Except she doesn't. I suggest you read more of the thread. Drinking Beverage

I did, I did, though sometimes I don't, but I believe the witch type idea people are Wiccans.
07-12-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 07:22 PM by Vosur.)
(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  How can you be an atheist while believe in witches?
An atheist can believe in all sorts of (supernatural) things so long as he doesn't believe in the existence of God or gods.

(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Atheism from Latin means "without religion" which includes all types of bullshit, including your beliefs.
No, it doesn't. Allow me to shine some light on the term's etymological history by citing several reputable dictionaries (Wiktionary, Online Etymology Dictionary, Oxford Dictionaries; in that order).

atheism
16th century French athéisme, from athée (“atheist”), a loan from Ancient Greek ἄθεος (átheos, “godless”), from ἀ- (a-, “without”) + θεός (theos, “deity, god”).

atheism
1580s, from French athéisme (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god". A slightly earlier form is represented by atheonism (1530s) which is perhaps from Italian atheo "atheist." Ancient Greek atheotes meant "ungodliness."

atheism
late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god'

(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  You are a Wiccan (I believe they worship Lucifer) and not an atheist.
See above.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
(07-12-2013 07:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
An atheist can believe in all sorts of (supernatural) things so long as he doesn't believe in the existence of God or gods.

(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Atheism from Latin means "without religion" which includes all types of bullshit, including your beliefs.
No, it doesn't. Allow me to shine some light on the term's etymological history by citing several reputable dictionaries (Wiktionary, Online Etymology Dictionary, Oxford Dictionaries; in that order).

atheism
16th century French athéisme, from athée (“atheist”), a loan from Ancient Greek ἄθεος (átheos, “godless”), from ἀ- (a-, “without”) + θεός (theos, “deity, god”).

atheism
1580s, from French athéisme (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god". A slightly earlier form is represented by atheonism (1530s) which is perhaps from Italian atheo "atheist." Ancient Greek atheotes meant "ungodliness."

atheism
late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god'

(07-12-2013 06:33 PM)Buvey Wrote:  You are a Wiccan (I believe they worship Lucifer) and not an atheist.
See above.

Not having a God and not having a religion are the same thing, though yeah I guess technically it means 'without god' but who gives a fuck what Latin says, it's a modern English term Tongue
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey Chippy, I'll have a large sausage and a large portion of chips, mushy peas and gravy please. Wrapped.

Oh...and a can of coke.

I've heard you're the best chippy around these parts so don't dissappoint me.
07-12-2013, 07:31 PM
(07-12-2013 07:25 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Not having a God and not having a religion are the same thing, though yeah I guess technically it means 'without god' but who gives a fuck what Latin says, it's a modern English term Tongue
No, that is incorrect. Buddhism, for instance, is an atheistic religion.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post