[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(13-12-2013 12:16 PM)kim Wrote:  Chippy has accepted certain possibilities which could change his position. Simply put; he just doesn't think you have or can escape your love and need for faith and he is abrasive because has no use for that kind of person.

Correct.

Quote: His position seems to be that you WitchSabrina, have not reached a place in your life to state emphatically that Wicca is damaging to humanity. I have presented to him that, while perhaps this notion may be true, you are simply not ready to take a step in that direction. He has accepted this as a possibility but he views your unwillingness to move beyond these outward trappings as your tell, your wink, your approving nod to Wicca. He views this as the accepted complacency upon which delusion will spread and maintain a stronghold, not only with you but with the whole of humanity which may come into contact with it/you.

Correct.

Quote:This is a very valid point. And perhaps it is why Chippy is here. Perhaps Chippy is here to learn more.

I learn from some people on this forum and I know--because they say so--that many people learn from me.

Quote:I am nearly certain it is; I'm an asshole and every asshole knows he/she has at least a 50% chance of encountering a dick. Consider Maybe even more than 50%. I am uncertain of the accurate statistics on dickishness but I believe Chippy is at least well within the curve.

No doubt, I am an asshole.

Quote:Chippy cares no more or less about you personally than I do (ok, maybe less)

True. I have no special interest in anyone on this forum.

Quote: Dodgy ; it may be that he is overly impatient for your full de-conversion so he can walk around in the world with one less muddle headed believer fucking up his day. Frankly, I don't blame him.

Yes, the less superstition in the world the better. But also the witch shtick is asking for trouble on a atheist/skeptic forum. Not only is it one of the giveaways that the superstitious worldview hasn't be completely discarded it has an element of effrontery which an asshole like me will answer.

Quote:Bottom line
Chippy can only concede his position - admit defeat - if you WitchSabrina sincerely and demonstrably renounce your faith.

Indeed.

Quote:Chippy might actually want you to win this one.

I do but I am doubtful. I can see that the superstition is bound up with issues of self-identity. If you can't even create an online persona that doesn't reference the superstition you claim to have renounced then you are likely deceiving yourself and hence also trying to deceive others. The "Oh but it's a joke" response is like a nervous laugh.

WSs entire presentation on this forum has been essentially one incongruity after another and I am the only person that has noticed or at least pointed out the incongruities.

Now we get an implicit admission that the beliefs have not in fact been completely discarded, that it is not all in the past but that at least part of it is still alive and well in the present. Which is what I have been posting from the start.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
13-12-2013, 10:11 PM
(13-12-2013 07:39 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  It doesn't matter how much knowledge one has or how interesting the subject matter is - if you fling a piece of poo wrapped in a thin gold plating at someone and claim it has something of value, there's something wrong.

Clearly the thin gold plating has value so your metaphor doesn't work.
13-12-2013, 10:39 PM
(13-12-2013 09:06 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  In fact, it's kinda fun at times to poke them with a stick and watch them swell up and stink for all to see.

Shocking

And GordyDoodle thinks we aren't fun. Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 10:50 PM
(13-12-2013 10:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  No doubt, I am an asshole.

Hey. Psssst. Asshole. That comma? Try a colon instead. But first try extracting your head for your own colon.

Chippy<--->Taq
Hobo<----->Laughat

13-12-2013, 10:54 PM
(13-12-2013 10:11 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 07:39 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  It doesn't matter how much knowledge one has or how interesting the subject matter is - if you fling a piece of poo wrapped in a thin gold plating at someone and claim it has something of value, there's something wrong.

Clearly the thin gold plating has value so your metaphor doesn't work.

It's just metal. The shit would be far more useful as fertilizer.

Hobo

cheapthrillseaker: Ya shoulda said "buffalo CHIP" instead of "piece of poo"....just sayin'... Tongue

13-12-2013, 11:06 PM
(13-12-2013 07:39 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  It doesn't matter how much knowledge one has or how interesting the subject matter is

No, it obviously does and your strained metaphor admits that much. If the knowledge were absent then there would be no "thin gold plating" it would just be poo.

Quote: - if you fling a piece of poo wrapped in a thin gold plating at someone and claim it has something of value,

Your metaphor indicates that it does have value, that is what the "thin gold plating" denotes.

Quote: there's something wrong.

Yes, with you contradicting your own metaphor.

The allegory that extends from your metaphor is that you should collect the gold-plated turds and extract the gold from them and combine it to produce a substantial quantity of gold.

You are inadvertantly revealing your cognitive dissonance. You metaphor says one thing and your narrative is saying something else.

Also, "there's something wrong" with your repeated ham-fisted attempts to play TV-procedural drama forensic psychiatrist especially when you can't even competently deploy a simple isomorphic metaphor.
13-12-2013, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 11:19 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(13-12-2013 11:06 PM)Chippy Wrote:  [quote='cheapthrillseaker' pid='442109' dateline='1386941999']
It doesn't matter how much knowledge one has or how interesting the subject matter is...
[Image: rant.gif]

[/quote ]

Wow, you posted two pissy responses. Musta stung like hell. Just sayin'....[Image: smiley-face-whistle-2.gif]