[split] Keep returning to Religon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 09:53 PM
[split] Keep returning to Religon
John, maybe this will help. Myself ? I am Christian, not religious but Christian, religion follows rules as Christians follow the teaching of Christ. I have never thought about leaving Christianity because, atheism or not believing, has never offered me anything but grief. I can understand your doubt, do some unbiased research and you will find out that scientist every day are proving the scriptures are true. I know that I am going to get blasted by this but, I don't care. Just a thought, why do non-believers want to attempt to down a believer. If non-believers are right then we will all end up as worm food and that is it, but if I am right then where will the non believers be ? I would rather believe and be nice to people than not believe and be little people (not saying all non-believers are mean). It doesn't hurt to believe in what we cannot see. Do you believe in Love ? You can't see, taste, hear it, do we REALLY know how it feels but we all have "faith" that it is there, Just as we believe in God or as non believers like to belittle us "the big daddy in the sky" ? So in short, what ever happens, I feel good about where I will be. I believe that non believers fear the unknown and are envious that we Christians feel that way, that is why they try to persuade us to leave Chritianity, they want us on their level and in doubt. Sorry folks that is my 2 cents. Now you can start the critizing. I just gave you a mispelled word to start it off.
John, maybe something inside you is telling you that you rather like people than dislike them. It's called the "God" gene. don't try to fight the feeling, just go with your heart. You know what is right and wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Keep returning to Religon
Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-11-2014, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 10:14 PM by Seacaptain58.)
If you ask a question, and then get an answer, and then you have to keep asking questions then you will get depressed because you have to keep asking questions. Geez, I get a headache just thinking about it. Life is to short to try to micro question everything. You could end up like Stephen Hawking.
27-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I feel love.
I don't have a faith.
These things are not mutually exclusive.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-11-2014, 10:17 PM
This is not the place for discussion.

27-11-2014, 10:23 PM
So you have faith that you do love, you have faith, faith is hope for things that are not seen but true, you have faith that you will take another breath of air, and you have faith that you will be in love. God bless you my friend as I need to get to sleep.
27-11-2014, 10:36 PM
This thread should pertain to you, John... I'm sorry for the insensitivity toward your issue.

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-11-2014, 10:45 PM
If you can't refrain from proselytizing in this section, then your access to it will be removed, Seacaptain. This is your first and only warning.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
28-11-2014, 05:46 AM
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  If you ask a question, and then get an answer, and then you have to keep asking questions then you will get depressed because you have to keep asking questions. Geez, I get a headache just thinking about it. Life is to short to try to micro question everything. You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

Better than ending up an asshole like you. Your comment was ugly and ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-11-2014, 07:51 AM
(27-11-2014 09:53 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  I can understand your doubt, do some unbiased research and you will find out that scientist every day are proving the scriptures are true.

Citation needed

(27-11-2014 09:53 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  If non-believers are right then we will all end up as worm food and that is it, but if I am right then where will the non believers be ?

And there you have it, you're gonna burn for not believing!

Most atheists recognize this for the facile and unprovable threat that it is. You don't really believe, you've been psychologically coerced.

[Image: 009f917a281a1a925c6f32b0f279ac46b2f8c94c...11d4bd.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition