[split] Keep returning to Religon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: [split] Keep returning to Religon
(28-11-2014 05:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  If you ask a question, and then get an answer, and then you have to keep asking questions then you will get depressed because you have to keep asking questions. Geez, I get a headache just thinking about it. Life is to short to try to micro question everything. You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

Better than ending up an asshole like you. Your comment was ugly and ignorant.

Ha - gotta hand it to him - it's enough to insult someone else's intelligence but to insult one's own intelligence ... that's a doubleheader. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 10:30 AM
(27-11-2014 10:23 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  faith is hope for things that are not seen but true.

No, faith is blindly believing in something that is factually unsubstantiated.
28-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Whoa! I just now noticed the Steven Hawking remark!!

This freak just degraded the entire human species - how attractive is that!?!

Looks like it's "fun with trolls" time, here on the forum.

Happy Holidays, everyone. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-11-2014, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 10:46 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

You mean like one of the most intelligent human beings on Earth, not to mention prolific author and renowned scientist?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 9 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
28-11-2014, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 11:40 AM by microterf.)
(27-11-2014 09:53 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Just a thought, why do non-believers want to attempt to down a believer. If non-believers are right then we will all end up as worm food and that is it, but if I am right then where will the non believers be

What if you are wrong and Islam is right? Non-Believers don't want to "Down a believer." It's just that the majority of the time, you guys have ZERO logical reasons to believe what you believe. We find that you haven't done any research on your own "Holy Book"

You are very quick to dismiss every other religion as false, but make that exception for your religion with no more evidence to support it. Worse yet, then you try to spread your religion as "truth." Especially to children too young to know that Santa Claus is fake.

When you get enough stupid people together, then they start making stupid laws putting things like Moses is a founding father in textbooks.

When you get crazy enough, you get idiots like this. [Image: ISIS-EXECUTIONS-2.jpg?resize=900%2C509]

If you think "This is just crazy Muslim extremists" then I would like to remind you of the Inquisitions and the Crusades.

So when you complain because "Non-Believers" are trying to tell believers why they're wrong, it's because they are wrong. They don't see the danger in what they are doing. They think it's all good because they have good intentions. Guess who else has good intentions and is trying to spread god's word? ISIS.

If you really want to do yourself a favor, study the history of your bible. Study some secular books. Watch some debates objectively. Look at the history of religions. Go to your favorite church then, and see if they teach you how little evidence they have to support what they preach as "Fact" while at the same time mocking science because it can't explain EVERYTHING quite yet! Then come back and ask us WHY non believers are so mean.

When believers stop fucking with the world that WE live in, we will start caring about hurting believers feelings.

Oh, and I would like to ask you do something. Name one just one thing good that has been done in the name of religion that could not have been done without religion.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 3 users Like microterf's post
28-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Shouldn't you be worshipping Poseidon?

Eh? Anybody?
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
28-11-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2014 01:06 PM by Ace.)
(27-11-2014 10:23 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  So you have faith that you do love, you have faith, faith is hope for things that are not seen but true, you have faith that you will take another breath of air, and you have faith that you will be in love. God bless you my friend as I need to get to sleep.

love is nothing more than a chemical reaction sent via the synapses in your brain like every other emotion and thought Drinking Beverage

I take another breath because if I know if I don't I will suffocate because my lungs will be deprived of oxygen which results in lower amounts of oxygen in my blood being carried to my cells eventually the starvation of oxygen will result in the end of vital biological functions resulting in my death Drinking Beverage
I don't need to have faith to know I will breath air over and over again throughout my life

faith is nothing more than believing something is true when you have no evidence for it
28-11-2014, 03:33 PM
(28-11-2014 10:34 AM)kim Wrote:  Whoa! I just now noticed the Steven Hawking remark!!

This freak just degraded the entire human species - how attractive is that!?!

Looks like it's "fun with trolls" time, here on the forum.

Happy Holidays, everyone. Drinking Beverage

Satan - I mean Santa brought our playthings early this year. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-11-2014, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2014 03:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-11-2014 09:53 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  John, maybe this will help. Myself ? I am Christian, not religious but Christian, religion follows rules as Christians follow the teaching of Christ. I have never thought about leaving Christianity because, atheism or not believing, has never offered me anything but grief. I can understand your doubt, do some unbiased research and you will find out that scientist every day are proving the scriptures are true. I know that I am going to get blasted by this but, I don't care. Just a thought, why do non-believers want to attempt to down a believer. If non-believers are right then we will all end up as worm food and that is it, but if I am right then where will the non believers be ? I would rather believe and be nice to people than not believe and be little people (not saying all non-believers are mean). It doesn't hurt to believe in what we cannot see. Do you believe in Love ? You can't see, taste, hear it, do we REALLY know how it feels but we all have "faith" that it is there, Just as we believe in God or as non believers like to belittle us "the big daddy in the sky" ? So in short, what ever happens, I feel good about where I will be. I believe that non believers fear the unknown and are envious that we Christians feel that way, that is why they try to persuade us to leave Chritianity, they want us on their level and in doubt. Sorry folks that is my 2 cents. Now you can start the critizing. I just gave you a mispelled word to start it off.
John, maybe something inside you is telling you that you rather like people than dislike them. It's called the "God" gene. don't try to fight the feeling, just go with your heart. You know what is right and wrong.

There is no "god gene". That's complete bullshit. There are some studies concerning what personality types tend to be religious. Deciding on "going with" something because it "offers you more" ("atheism offers you *grief*") like Santa offers you presents is called Utilitarianism. It's a very dangerous, childish philosophy, and a very slippery slope. You don't get to accept made up crap, just because you think "it offers you more". How intellectually dishonest can anyone get ?

Hmmm. I think I'll pick Mithraism. That offers a lot. Weeping
On second thought I think I'll let out bids. I think Mormonism gives me my own planet. That's the ticket.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-11-2014, 03:55 PM
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  If you ask a question, and then get an answer, and then you have to keep asking questions then you will get depressed because you have to keep asking questions. Geez, I get a headache just thinking about it. Life is to short to try to micro question everything. You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

Oh really ? Like the smartest man on the planet ? That would be awful. Or did you mean your loving god was punishing him, (and everyone else that has a disease, including 3 year olds), with neurological diseases.

Maybe there's a correlation with eating turkey, and idiot remarks the next day ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.