[split] Keep returning to Religon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: [split] Keep returning to Religon
(28-11-2014 12:54 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Shouldn't you be worshipping Poseidon?

Eh? Anybody?

I do Yes

“Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man — who has no gills.”
― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-11-2014, 04:09 PM
(28-11-2014 03:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  ---You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

Oh really ? Like the smartest man on the planet ? That would be awful. Or did you mean your loving god was punishing him, (and everyone else that has a disease, including 3 year olds), with neurological diseases.

Maybe there's a correlation with eating turkey, and idiot remarks the next day ?

I have a friend with cerebral palsy ... his church advised him that he wouldn't have such a disease had he not sinned.

Really. Undecided

Once someone stoops that low... they are shit in my eyes. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
28-11-2014, 04:58 PM
(28-11-2014 04:09 PM)kim Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 03:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ? Like the smartest man on the planet ? That would be awful. Or did you mean your loving god was punishing him, (and everyone else that has a disease, including 3 year olds), with neurological diseases.

Maybe there's a correlation with eating turkey, and idiot remarks the next day ?

I have a friend with cerebral palsy ... his church advised him that he wouldn't have such a disease had he not sinned.

Really. Undecided

A very Christian woman in one of my classes told a man in the class with Dwarfism that it was caused by sins committed by his parents.

She also told a young, lesbian woman that her increasing deafness was punishment from gawd.

They sure know how to sell a belief system, don't they? Dodgy

The compassion displayed was breath-taking.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Re: [split] Keep returning to Religon
I worked with a woman whose son is autistic and will always need some help. Her mother told her it was because she no longer went to church and God punishes that.
28-11-2014, 05:24 PM
(27-11-2014 10:23 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  So you have faith that you do love, you have faith, faith is hope for things that are not seen but true, you have faith that you will take another breath of air, and you have faith that you will be in love. God bless you my friend as I need to get to sleep.

I don't have faith that I love, I have proof. If my brain was scanned while I was in love there would be parts of the brain that would light up, circuits would fire faster in certain areas of the brain. Brain chemistry changes during emotional episodes of love. This can be seen, measured and repeatedly demonstrated.

Furthermore, the person that I love can be seen, photographed, touched, talk, and respond to me because he's real and so am I.

Your god has never been demonstrated to be real.

You don't need to go to sleep. You need to fuckin' think!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-11-2014, 05:44 PM
(27-11-2014 10:11 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  If you ask a question, and then get an answer, and then you have to keep asking questions then you will get depressed because you have to keep asking questions. Geez, I get a headache just thinking about it. Life is to short to try to micro question everything. You could end up like Stephen Hawking.

Wait a minute. What's wrong with Stephen Hawking? The guys a genius and one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. If you were 1/18th the man that Stephen Hawking is you'd be 100,000 X a better human being than you are now and 5,000,000 X smarter. Unfortunately for you, your brain would hardly register as a working, thinking organism.

What the hell's the matter with you!

28-11-2014, 05:45 PM
(28-11-2014 05:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wait a minute. What's wrong with Stephen Hawking? The guys a genius and one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. If you were 1/18th the man that Stephen Hawking is you'd be 100,000 X a better human being than you are now and 5,000,000 X smarter. Unfortunately for you, your brain would hardly register as a working, thinking organism.

What the hell's the matter with you!

I have a feeling that list is longer than we already know.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-11-2014, 07:07 PM
(28-11-2014 11:35 AM)microterf Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 09:53 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Just a thought, why do non-believers want to attempt to down a believer. If non-believers are right then we will all end up as worm food and that is it, but if I am right then where will the non believers be

What if you are wrong and Islam is right? Non-Believers don't want to "Down a believer." It's just that the majority of the time, you guys have ZERO logical reasons to believe what you believe. We find that you haven't done any research on your own "Holy Book"

You are very quick to dismiss every other religion as false, but make that exception for your religion with no more evidence to support it. Worse yet, then you try to spread your religion as "truth." Especially to children too young to know that Santa Claus is fake.

When you get enough stupid people together, then they start making stupid laws putting things like Moses is a founding father in textbooks.

When you get crazy enough, you get idiots like this. [Image: ISIS-EXECUTIONS-2.jpg?resize=900%2C509]

If you think "This is just crazy Muslim extremists" then I would like to remind you of the Inquisitions and the Crusades.

So when you complain because "Non-Believers" are trying to tell believers why they're wrong, it's because they are wrong. They don't see the danger in what they are doing. They think it's all good because they have good intentions. Guess who else has good intentions and is trying to spread god's word? ISIS.

If you really want to do yourself a favor, study the history of your bible. Study some secular books. Watch some debates objectively. Look at the history of religions. Go to your favorite church then, and see if they teach you how little evidence they have to support what they preach as "Fact" while at the same time mocking science because it can't explain EVERYTHING quite yet! Then come back and ask us WHY non believers are so mean.

When believers stop fucking with the world that WE live in, we will start caring about hurting believers feelings.

Oh, and I would like to ask you do something. Name one just one thing good that has been done in the name of religion that could not have been done without religion.

Please put that picture in spoilers with a warning about it's contents.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
28-11-2014, 08:50 PM
(28-11-2014 04:09 PM)kim Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 03:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ? Like the smartest man on the planet ? That would be awful. Or did you mean your loving god was punishing him, (and everyone else that has a disease, including 3 year olds), with neurological diseases.

Really. Undecided

A church like that gives True Christians a bad rap, and there are more churches out there than I want to admit that DO NOT FOLLOW the Bible, and these so called "religions" and their wrong beliefs are what non- believers thrive on. I would not go to that church if it was the last one on earth. we are suppose to "Love" thy neighbor, not hate. (please do not twist the word "Love" into something vulgar) thank you
28-11-2014, 09:10 PM
(28-11-2014 08:50 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 04:09 PM)kim Wrote:  I have a friend with cerebral palsy ... his church advised him that he wouldn't have such a disease had he not sinned.

Really. Undecided

A church like that gives True Christians a bad rap, and there are more churches out there than I want to admit that DO NOT FOLLOW the Bible, and these so called "religions" and their wrong beliefs are what non- believers thrive on. I would not go to that church if it was the last one on earth. we are suppose to "Love" thy neighbor, not hate. (please do not twist the word "Love" into something vulgar) thank you

And those very same churches say the EXACT SAME THING about your church. They say that they follow the bible correctly and your church does not follow the bible. They are the true believers.

It's all a crock of shit anyway because the bible wasn't written when believers think it was written, by whom you believers think it was written. It's the Chinese Whisper game mixed up with a lot of old mythological desert stories and you're gullible enough to believe this nonsense.