[split] LGBT+ Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
(28-08-2017 04:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 04:26 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I wouldn't consider being Catholic "theistic"

Uh, hooray for your ignorant ass then?

You do not get to unilaterally redefine the meaning of the word 'theist' or any of it's derivatives. Catholicism is by definition a theistic religion, for fuck's sake... Drinking Beverage

Would you mind explaining how on earth Catholicism is a theistic religion?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 05:23 AM
(28-08-2017 05:12 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Would you mind explaining how on earth Catholicism is a theistic religion?

Facepalm

the·is·tic/THēˈistik/
adjective

relating to or characterized by belief in the existence of a god or gods.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-08-2017, 05:25 AM
Do Catholics worship a god ?

Even you can't be so stupid as not to be able to figure *that* one out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-08-2017, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 05:34 AM by adey67.)
(28-08-2017 05:12 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 04:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, hooray for your ignorant ass then?

You do not get to unilaterally redefine the meaning of the word 'theist' or any of it's derivatives. Catholicism is by definition a theistic religion, for fuck's sake... Drinking Beverage

Er because it has a distinct theological base. Theist is a blanket term that incorporates believers who subscribe to a particular religion its dogma and theological precepts, a deist subscribes to the belief in supernatural beings/gods but not necessarily an organized religion with theological constructs ergo you can be a deist without being a theist but generally not the other way round I think, you might want to check with one of the others here they may have a better description of theist than I, I'm surprised you don't know this already.
28-08-2017, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 07:10 AM by morondog.)
(28-08-2017 05:03 AM)Propwash Wrote:  Hey guys and gals, let's have a little reality check around here..Smile
Scientists (repeat- scientists) estimate there are thousands of intelligent alien civilisations in our galaxy alone, so given the fact that Jesus said he was an alien with awesome powers, why shouldn't we assume he was an alien visitor? And like I mentioned before, he never said a word about GLBT's one way or the other, not a single word, so it can't have been a big issue as far as he was concerned, so I can't understand why atheists don't like him..

Facepalm Where to begin:
  • We don't dislike God, we dislike religion. Disliking God would be like disliking leprechauns. Impossible. Since they don't exist. But the God concept, the fictional character, is rather loathsome.
  • We don't dislike religion solely because of its stone-age attitude towards homosexuals, although that's part of it. The actual claims made by religion to justify their behaviour are less of a problem than the behaviour itself. If christians spent their time actually doing good shit and not being a proselytizing bunch of dicks like you, then no one would have a problem with them. As it is they use their shitty religion to justify all kinds of violence, bigotry and scams. As you yourself do.
  • If God was an alien, that makes you guys who worship him fools. There's also no evidence that I'm aware of for any of your wild claims.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
28-08-2017, 05:35 AM
(28-08-2017 05:12 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 04:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, hooray for your ignorant ass then?

It's a 'god' based religion.

That simple enough for you, champ?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-08-2017, 05:50 AM
(28-08-2017 05:03 AM)Propwash Wrote:  Hey guys and gals, let's have a little reality check around here..Smile
Scientists (repeat- scientists) estimate there are thousands of intelligent alien civilisations in our galaxy alone, so given the fact that Jesus said he was an alien with awesome powers, why shouldn't we assume he was an alien visitor? And like I mentioned before, he never said a word about GLBT's one way or the other, not a single word, so it can't have been a big issue as far as he was concerned, so I can't understand why atheists don't like him..

[Image: Drake-koi equation_zpsybveqapb.jpg~original]

"According to Drake, the average of people's best estimates suggests that there are about 10,000 technically advanced civilisations spread across our galaxy"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/unive...e_equation

It is as you have shown here its pretty much a mathematical certainty that there is alien life if not in this galaxy then certainly in the universe as a whole, however there is no evidence beyond the anecdotal that aliens have ever visited earth and given the vast distances even with technology way more advanced than ours it is unlikely they ever will, not impossible but certainly very very unlikely. If belief that Jesus is an alien floats your boat and makes you happy cool, knock yourself out but don't expect to be taken seriously.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
28-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Guys.

Are we dealing with kids here?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-08-2017, 07:07 AM
(28-08-2017 06:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Guys.

I don't know mate, probably should ignore them but I respond principally to hone my newly acquired critical thinking skills, for debate practice, it also helps with my writing skills and I frequently learn stuff from what other more experienced members such as yourself post, and it might help undecided lurkers too. Basically I use them and as a beginner its helpful to me that they're not particularly sophisticated.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-08-2017, 07:11 AM
(28-08-2017 06:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Guys.

Teenagers probably, apart from this Propwash clown who seems to be a mature idiot.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.