[split] LGBT+ Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 05:08 PM by adey67.)
RE: LGBT+ leaving religion & general support
(22-08-2017 04:51 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 07:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  If he indeed existed but that's a different topic altogether, love your avatar BTWWink

Thanks, but the entire population of Israel plus the Roman garrison saw JC, that's a lot of eyeballs..Smile

PS- another bit of comfort for gays is that God only zapped Sodom/Gomorrah because they were the loud noisy depraved kind, going round hammering on peoples doors demanding the men be sent out.
Nobody minds decent friendly gays..Smile
How come he didn't zap any loud noisy depraved hetro towns ? Actually don't answer that we've derailed the thread enough perhaps start a new one if you feel inclined.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Any positive messages of support are welcome (keeping in mind that not all TTA members are atheists)- but yes, please let's keep it on topic.

(22-08-2017 04:51 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 07:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  If he indeed existed but that's a different topic altogether, love your avatar BTWWink

Thanks, but the entire population of Israel plus the Roman garrison saw JC, that's a lot of eyeballs..Smile

PS- another bit of comfort for gays is that God only zapped Sodom/Gomorrah because they were the loud noisy depraved kind, going round hammering on peoples doors demanding the men be sent out.

I don't think that I'd call this a positive message of support, tbh. And the logic is inconsistent with the rest of the Bible- where homosexual sex is condemned and the punishment is death by stoning. And rape is not condemned- punishment is to marry your rapist. And being loud and noisy and disruptive are not necessarily sinful behaviors. Hetero people never had a [mythical] "Sodom/Gomorrah" event like that, did they? At least, not in the Bible.

Maybe this thread aught to be split out to put it back on topic.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
23-08-2017, 09:39 AM
(23-08-2017 08:17 AM)Emma Wrote:  Any positive messages of support are welcome (keeping in mind that not all TTA members are atheists)- but yes, please let's keep it on topic.

(22-08-2017 04:51 PM)Propwash Wrote:  Thanks, but the entire population of Israel plus the Roman garrison saw JC, that's a lot of eyeballs..Smile

I don't think that I'd call this a positive message of support, tbh. And the logic is inconsistent with the rest of the Bible- where homosexual sex is condemned and the punishment is death by stoning. And rape is not condemned- punishment is to marry your rapist. And being loud and noisy and disruptive are not necessarily sinful behaviors. Hetero people never had a [mythical] "Sodom/Gomorrah" event like that, did they? At least, not in the Bible.

Maybe this thread aught to be split out to put it back on topic.

Also slightly condescending too, things seem to be back on track hopefully it was only a very brief and minor derail.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-08-2017, 12:45 PM
(23-08-2017 09:50 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Can we please not discuss the existence of Jesus in this thread?
This is for LGBT support.

Good point, Jesus trashed the Old Testament's harshness anyway..Smile
23-08-2017, 12:50 PM
(23-08-2017 12:45 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 09:50 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Can we please not discuss the existence of Jesus in this thread?

Good point, Jesus trashed the Old Testament's harshness anyway..Smile

Are you physically incapable of refraining from doing what you've been asked not to? In the support section, at that!

"Matthew 5:17. Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Yes, mods, if you could maybe split this, as apparently, we can't help ourselves. Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-08-2017, 12:57 PM
(23-08-2017 12:50 PM)Vera Wrote:  ..Yes, mods, if you could maybe split this, as apparently, we can't help ourselves. Dodgy

Yes, a separate thread is needed so I can clear up peoples's incorrect misinterpretations of out-of-context verses like that one you've just posted..Smile
23-08-2017, 01:08 PM
(23-08-2017 12:57 PM)Propwash Wrote:  Yes, a separate thread is needed so I can clear up peoples's incorrect misinterpretations of out-of-context verses like that one you've just posted..Smile

No, thanks. Much more knowledgeable people than you have discussed it at length. There's nothing about the bible you can teach us.

Once again, I apologise and hope that a good-hearted mod will split this.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
23-08-2017, 01:27 PM
(23-08-2017 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
Hopefully everything is back on track now.
Or maybe not, sadly.Sad
23-08-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
Thread split from the one in personal issues and support.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-08-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread split from the one in personal issues and support.

Thanks Mom, it's just that I thought the fact that Jesus never said a single word about GLBT's would give a bit of comfort to people in that other thread.
Furthermore he said "Whoever comes to me I'll never turn away", note he never added "except GLBT's"..Smile