[split] LGBT+ Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 04:57 PM by JesseB.)
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
(29-08-2017 04:35 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 03:17 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  One of the key factors of what it means to BE intelligent is the capacity to sort truth from fiction.

This is also the cornerstone of wisdom. You can be incredibly book-smart, but that isn't going to get you anywhere if you don't apply that intelligence in service of reality and common sense. A smart person with a broken pipe can easily find Plumbing DIY sites on the Internet. A wise person can determine whether it's worth attempting a fix, or cheaper in terms of time, money and effort to call a professional and get it done.

And somewhere in the interface between those two positions, ego gets to have a say. Intelligence + Ego says "I can do this myself. I don't need help." Wisdom says "It's Sunday night, the hardware store is closed, I have to be up for work at 6:00, and we have house guests flying in tomorrow evening," and dials the plumber.

Even someone with "book smart" with no experience or "street smarts" would show more self awareness when they communicate. It's kinda a hallmark of intellect.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2017, 02:21 AM
(29-08-2017 04:39 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 04:35 PM)Astreja Wrote:  This is also the cornerstone of wisdom. You can be incredibly book-smart, but that isn't going to get you anywhere if you don't apply that intelligence in service of reality and common sense. A smart person with a broken pipe can easily find Plumbing DIY sites on the Internet. A wise person can determine whether it's worth attempting a fix, or cheaper in terms of time, money and effort to call a professional and get it done.

And somewhere in the interface between those two positions, ego gets to have a say. Intelligence + Ego says "I can do this myself. I don't need help." Wisdom says "It's Sunday night, the hardware store is closed, I have to be up for work at 6:00, and we have house guests flying in tomorrow evening," and dials the plumber.

Even someone with "book smart" with no experience or "street smarts" would show more self awareness when they communicate. It's kinda a hallmark of intellect.

Are you sure it's not a hallmark of intuition?
31-08-2017, 11:03 AM
(31-08-2017 02:21 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Are you sure it's not a hallmark of intuition?

[Image: demotivational-funny.jpg]

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
31-08-2017, 12:36 PM
(31-08-2017 11:03 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 02:21 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Are you sure it's not a hallmark of intuition?

[Image: demotivational-funny.jpg]

You should "something". I guess?
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
31-08-2017, 12:48 PM
(29-08-2017 03:17 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  So that's the real question. What's Angra using for a belief filter? Why did Angra believe this at all?

He doesn't believe half of the shit he spouts, his very username says troll. He can't be any clearer about his intentions (well, I guess he could if his username was "troll").
And how do I deduce the Angry Manboy is a "he" you might reasonably ask, very few women act like an angry manboy, that's how I know.

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post