[split] LGBT+ Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
(23-08-2017 02:23 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread split from the one in personal issues and support.

Thanks Mom, it's just that I thought the fact that Jesus never said a single word about GLBT's would give a bit of comfort to people in that other thread.
Furthermore he said "Whoever comes to me I'll never turn away", note he never added "except GLBT's"..Smile

Will he and his followers leave people alone who explicitly don't want to come to him?

WTF new guy? I thought you were cool, and here you are gettin' all evangelical. We don't need to be told the good news. We heard it multiple times already and it's not really that exciting. Some idjit back in the day got nailed to some woodwork and his bloody followers won't shut up about it to this day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-08-2017, 03:21 PM
(23-08-2017 02:23 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread split from the one in personal issues and support.

Thanks Mom, it's just that I thought the fact that Jesus never said a single word about GLBT's would give a bit of comfort to people in that other thread.
Furthermore he said "Whoever comes to me I'll never turn away", note he never added "except GLBT's"..Smile

Tbh, I personally found your first post rather irrelevant and did not comment on it. I just rolled my eyes and moved on.

It was your second post and Sodom and Gomorrah that I found to be inconsistent.

But regarding Jesus himself, the words that we have of his (supposing he existed and actually said them- a supposition on which I am unconvinced), some might take comfort that he didn't speak anything specifically against LGBTQ individuals. I don't personally care. The rest of the book is clear enough on that issue (OT and NT) that I can't find any good reason to regard his lack of statement comforting. Rather, maybe, a lack of positive statements from a supposed all-knowing God in support of LGBTQ people (knowing that LGBTQ individuals would be heavily persecuted by his own followers for millennia to come) is an implicit condemnation.
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
23-08-2017, 03:28 PM
(22-08-2017 09:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 08:51 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Yackety yack yack.

Hey, did you check out that book I suggested by Pliny?

The younger or the elder? Smile

#sigh
23-08-2017, 03:31 PM
(22-08-2017 05:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  How come he didn't zap any loud noisy depraved hetro towns ?

Odin set up a line of Berserkers around them.

#sigh
23-08-2017, 03:32 PM
(23-08-2017 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 05:04 PM)adey67 Wrote:  How come he didn't zap any loud noisy depraved hetro towns ?

Odin set up a line of Berserkers around them.

Yeah- that's probably why Hobo Tongue

It's always fucking Odin...
23-08-2017, 03:40 PM

#sigh
23-08-2017, 03:56 PM
(23-08-2017 02:23 PM)Propwash Wrote:  it's just that I thought the fact that Jesus never said a single word about GLBT's would give a bit of comfort to people in that other thread.

Whatever makes you think anyone on an ATHEIST forum would care, much less derive comfort from, what a fictional character may or may not have said?

And do you honestly believe people on an ATHEIST forum actually want to "come to Jesus"?

Are we here to proselytise, perchance? Because that would be a huge waste of effort for you... and mildly irritating for us, just so you know...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
23-08-2017, 04:00 PM
(23-08-2017 03:56 PM)Vera Wrote:  Are we here to proselytise, perchance?

Now I'm confused. I thought we were here to plot the downfall of civilisation Huh And arrange baby eating competitions. And corrupt pure Christian girls with rock music and sex. Fuck. Now I'm questioning my whole purpose Undecided Was all that corrupting for *nothing*?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
23-08-2017, 04:03 PM
(23-08-2017 04:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Now I'm questioning my whole purpose

As long as you're not questioning your (or anyone else's for that matter) hole's purpose... Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
23-08-2017, 04:04 PM
(23-08-2017 04:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 04:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Now I'm questioning my whole purpose

As long as you're not questioning your (or anyone else's for that matter) hole's purpose... Angel

You're only making it worse Weeping