[split] LGBT+ Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 09:44 AM
RE: [split] LGBT+ Jesus
(24-08-2017 06:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Some idjit back in the day got nailed to some woodwork and his bloody followers won't shut up about it to this day.

Of course we won't shut up about it. His death was a sacrifice for our sins and made it possible for us to be forgiven and spend eternity with God rather than in Hell. We want everyone to know this so they can be saved.

Also he didn't die for very long before he came back to life, so it wasn't actually much of a sacrifice at all, #Jesus had a really bad weekend for your sins.
You really haven't thought this through have you ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like adey67's post
24-08-2017, 09:50 AM
(22-08-2017 08:51 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 06:12 AM)Propwash Wrote:  Sorry to butt in, but if it's any comfort, Jesus never said a single word about GLBT's one way or the other, not a single word, so maybe it wasn't a big issue with him?

He didn't need to because his entire ministry was to Jews who knew and believed what the Old Testament said about the subject. The apostle Paul needed to speak of the subject because he worked among gentiles who didn't know God.

Actually, yes he did. Religious nuts love to cite Sodom and Gomorrah as evidence of God considering homosexuality a sin. However, the Bible is far from clear that homosexuality was the reason God destroyed those cities. In fact, their inhospitality seems more likely.
Quote:Opinion among most liberal and mainline Christian and Jewish theologians has now reverted to the original Christian belief that Genesis 19 refers to a lack of charity and to ill treatment of strangers.

Yes, there are other references in the OT perhaps indicating that God doesn't like homosexuality, but as Bucky Ball pointed out, those aren't necessarily what they appear to be. It seems to me that God could have made things very clear by making a commandment against homosexuality if he truly considers it sinful, but he didn't. Consider

Finally, God has never said one single thing about the T in LGBT so that definitely needs some clarification from God. And, before you say transgendered people didn't exist back then, a) yes they did - one doesn't have to have an operation to be transgendered and b) God supposedly sees past, present, and future and should have known there would be a need for ruling on the subject for the future.

I, of course, don't believe in God, but above is how people who do believe should be thinking. Jesus had plenty of clarifying to do, but said nothing.

Worst of all, people like you who obviously haven't thought through the issue at all beyond "my (insert religious leader) said the bible says homosexuality is a sin" are willing to readily condemn entire groups of people simply because someone else said it's the right thing to do. Anytime anyone suggests condemning an entire group of people for any reason, it should automatically be a huge red flag that there is something wrong with that reason and the issue needs to be examined very carefully.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-08-2017, 11:13 AM
(24-08-2017 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  We've HEARD your stupid message. Heard it and rejected it. It's goddamn rude to keep preaching at us. Fuck. Off.

Amen, brother!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-08-2017, 11:39 AM
(24-08-2017 06:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Some idjit back in the day got nailed to some woodwork and his bloody followers won't shut up about it to this day.

Of course we won't shut up about it. His death was a sacrifice for our sins and made it possible for us to be forgiven and spend eternity with God rather than in Hell. We want everyone to know this so they can be saved.

(24-08-2017 06:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  His death was a sacrifice..

Total nonsense. If Jebus had died and gone to hell then THAT would have been a sacrifice. He would have lost something important if he'd gone to hell. All he did is have a two bad days hanging around on a couple of sticks and then woosh! up to heaven he went.....according to the fairy story anyway.

Also your god would have known the whole story before it happened anyway, cause omniscience and all that malarkey. This god of yours would also know in advance who'd be gay, even before they were a twinkle in their daddy's eyes, so he knew in advance they'd roast in hell. This makes your god a particularly evil asshole. It's all premeditated torture.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-08-2017, 01:57 PM
(24-08-2017 11:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If Jebus had died and gone to hell then THAT would have been a sacrifice. He would have lost something important if he'd gone to hell. All he did is have a two bad days hanging around on a couple of sticks and then woosh! up to heaven he went.....according to the fairy story anyway.

I think they say he did go to Hell like on Saturday. At least some of them do I think.

#sigh
24-08-2017, 02:02 PM
(24-08-2017 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think they say he did go to Hell like on Saturday. At least some of them do I think.

Yabut I heard they were having a field-trip that weekend and the place was deserted. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2017, 02:11 PM
(24-08-2017 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 11:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If Jebus had died and gone to hell then THAT would have been a sacrifice. He would have lost something important if he'd gone to hell. All he did is have a two bad days hanging around on a couple of sticks and then woosh! up to heaven he went.....according to the fairy story anyway.

I think they say he did go to Hell like on Saturday. At least some of them do I think.
Yes there's an obtuse passage that says Jesus "led captivity captive", descended into Sheol, etc. (Ephesians 4:7-10). For those who care, here's one writer impaling themselves on this text's word salad and contorting himself to figure out what it means.

It's passages like this that are one reason I'm glad I no longer have skin in the Interpretation Game.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
24-08-2017, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 04:53 PM by adey67.)
(24-08-2017 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

"Was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate died and was buried, he descended into hell and on the third day he rose again according to the scriptures" from the Anglican creed said as part of the communion service, the catholic one is very similar I believe.
24-08-2017, 07:20 PM
(24-08-2017 08:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 06:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  ...
We want everyone to know this so they can be saved.

And what if we don't want to be saved?

If your mother's a Jew, you're a Jew. Doesn't matter what you want.

#sigh
24-08-2017, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 07:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-08-2017 02:11 PM)mordant Wrote:  For those who care, here's one writer impaling themselves on this text's word salad and contorting himself to figure out what it means.

Good God. Aussie needs to get Banjo to take him on a toad-licking tour of the Outback. It means if you follow him you will go through hell to get to heaven. But hey, at least he blazed a trail to follow. Parables are not meant to be analyzed, they are meant to be grokked. This, this is why Jesus gets pissed off.

#sigh