[split] LGBT (sub)section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: [split] LGBT (sub)section?
(19-06-2017 11:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:13 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Dark Light and Earmuffs are both victimized little bitches.

This is a predictable and emotional response with no forethought or intellectual consideration at all. Drinking Beverage

No forethought or intellectual consideration? How about the fact that Earmuffs said "people would be alienated" by an LGBT subforum, you dumbass?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2017, 11:30 AM
LGBT people often are alienated by people like you and Earmuffs. That's when they're called "snowflakes" or that they have a "victim complex". But when people such as yourself are "alienated", you're somehow not snowflakes and you somehow don't have victim complexes. Fuck off.

19-06-2017, 11:32 AM
(19-06-2017 11:30 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  LGBT people often are alienated by people like you and Earmuffs. That's when they're called "snowflakes" or that they have a "victim complex". But when people such as yourself are "alienated", you're somehow not snowflakes and you somehow don't have victim complexes. Fuck off.

This is a predictable and emotional response with no forethought or intellectual consideration at all. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-06-2017, 11:35 AM
(19-06-2017 11:32 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:30 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  LGBT people often are alienated by people like you and Earmuffs. That's when they're called "snowflakes" or that they have a "victim complex". But when people such as yourself are "alienated", you're somehow not snowflakes and you somehow don't have victim complexes. Fuck off.

No, it's a double standard, and you're ignoring it. Why are you and Earmuffs playing the victim? You're both claiming that an LGBT subforum would be oppressive. That makes you snowflakes. Victims.

19-06-2017, 11:37 AM
(19-06-2017 11:35 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:32 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  This is a predictable and emotional response with no forethought or intellectual consideration at all. Drinking Beverage

No, it's a double standard, and you're ignoring it. Why are you and Earmuffs playing the victim? You're both claiming that an LGBT subforum would be oppressive. That makes you snowflakes. Victims.

Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-06-2017, 11:37 AM
(19-06-2017 11:37 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:35 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No, it's a double standard, and you're ignoring it. Why are you and Earmuffs playing the victim? You're both claiming that an LGBT subforum would be oppressive. That makes you snowflakes. Victims.

Laughat

Fuck off, snowflake.

19-06-2017, 11:38 AM
By the way, why are you gaslighting Emma?

19-06-2017, 11:41 AM
(19-06-2017 11:38 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  By the way, why are you gaslighting Emma?

gas·light
ˈɡaslīt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity

Laughat

Oh, boy! I'm sorry, GN, but I'm not taking the bait.

19-06-2017, 11:42 AM
(19-06-2017 11:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:38 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  By the way, why are you gaslighting Emma?

gas·light
ˈɡaslīt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity

Laughat

Oh, boy! I'm sorry, GN, but I'm not taking the bait.

(19-06-2017 11:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 11:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  @Emma

The quotes are getting too weildy, so I'll just respond to all at once.

You seem to have assumed an awful lot about me without knowing much about me or my situation. Just because we came to different conclusions on particular topics. That being said, I'm not particularly interested in competing for the title of 'who has it worse'. If you want that title, you can have it.

As for 'silencing you' and telling you to 'sit down and shut up', that never happened. Nor was it implied. It's a figment. Engaging you in conversation is about as diametrically opposed to 'silencing you' and I could get.

Your claim of what my argument is is malformed. Why would I claim to have contributed (however little) to equality, and then simultaneously claim that to do so is futile or unworthy? That's a non-sequitur. This should be an obvious sign that have misunderstood me.

As for the last bit, you've made more assumptions, and then confused equity with equality.

You insulted her and now you're claiming to be friendly with her.

19-06-2017, 11:47 AM
(19-06-2017 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's not a picnic in the working world as an woman who has been through breast cancer and is nearly 60.

Why do they need to know about the cancer? The gap in employment has to be explained.

The days of loyalty between workers and employers is pretty much a thing of the past.

While I sympathize with the employment hurdles that LGBT people may face, there are a lot of employment hurdles out there.

I'm sure it's no picnic. That's not an easy situation. And you should not have to face employment discrimination for your medical history. No one should. That's why we have protections in place. Unfortunately, yes, may have to disclose that you had a medical issue that kept you out of work. You should never have to disclose medical history, but I understand that's just not the reality we live in.

Yes, loyalty between workers and employers no long really exists. I'm pretty loyal to my company, however, because they accept that I'm trans. Because they were not going to fire me for coming out and transitioning while here. So for me, loyalty is there. But I know that if I stopped doing my work effectively, they'd rightfully fire me.

Just because a lot of employment hurdles exist, doesn't mean that LGBTQ people shouldn't have protected status- like religious people do, like people of color do, like women do, etc. I think that protected status should exist- even if it means that employees have to prove the discrimination in court. That's the same playing field for all protected groups.