RE: [split] LGBT (sub)section?
Salty salty losers.

[Image: animation_salt_360.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 08:32 AM
I think "pride movement" stuff is ridiculous, myself. Same with having "black pride", "white pride", "Asian pride", "blue-eyed pride."

I think just because there was a period in history where someone was subjected it doesn't mean that it validates feeling pissy at their previous oppressors or feeling prideful of being born as, or with something. It just alienates people, especially those who advocated for the pride in the first place. We're all human, there's really no need to label ourselves or push something that we are on others. Treat these things with normalcy and pure acknowledgment. You'll never see a person waving a "blue-eyed pride" flag so, why wave an "I'm gay" one?

Also, I realize that there are still people who hate homosexual relations, but that doesn't matter. There will always be bigots and being gay is quite normal now.
14-06-2017, 08:33 AM
You posted 3 successive posts to cry about me agreeing with him. The salt you are tasting is coming from your own tears, mate. Laugh out load

I'm surprised you're not choking so hard on your own double-standards that you can manage to tear up like that. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
14-06-2017, 08:36 AM
[Image: 243CBFFF00000578-2917489-image-a-17_1421713042949.jpg]

14-06-2017, 08:38 AM
(14-06-2017 08:32 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  I think "pride movement" stuff is ridiculous, myself. Same with having "black pride", "white pride", "Asian pride", "blue-eyed pride."

I think just because there was a period in history where someone was subjected it doesn't mean that it validates feeling pissy at their previous oppressors or feeling prideful of being born as, or with something. It just alienates people, especially those who advocated for the pride in the first place. We're all human, there's really no need to label ourselves or push something that we are on others. Treat these things with normalcy and pure acknowledgment. You'll never see a person waving a "blue-eyed pride" flag so, why wave an "I'm gay" one?

Also, I realize that there are still people who hate homosexual relations, but that doesn't matter. There will always be bigots and being gay is quite normal now.

It's pretty typical for LGBT people to have to overcome an internalized self-loathing because our society is still not entirely kind to us. Pride is in part to tell LGBT people that they should not be ashamed of who they are. They should celebrate who they are. Alternatively, Pride is to help educate and expose straight people to LGBT people. It breeds more allies.

The same is true for other types of pride- although I've never heard of a "blue-eyed pride", as blue-eyed people are not marginalized or mistreated.

Edit: changed "innate" to "internalized"- self-loathing is not innate.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
14-06-2017, 08:39 AM
[Image: 010715_salt_THUMB_LARGE.jpg]

14-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Muffs is having a melt-down. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
Personal insults aside, I understand Muff's point in the original thread.

Making it separate is not making it "normal". If you told someone that you were a member of the LGBT I would hope you'd prefer that person to whom you told would be indifferent to the fact. Not dislike it, and be a bigot, or applaud it which is even more frightening.

Having a "black" subsection sounds silly, no? Why would having an LGBT one be any different if all of the other subsections on this forum would accommodate? Just as I'm sure some of you cannot relate to being black should say a black forum member were to ask something race specific, should that mean that mean we make another subsection? Simply you could just say "LGBT advice needed" and that would suffice, no?
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
(14-06-2017 08:40 AM)Emma Wrote:  Muffs is having a melt-down. Laughat

citation needed.

14-06-2017, 08:42 AM
(14-06-2017 08:40 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Personal insults aside, I understand Muff's point in the original thread.

Making it separate is not making it "normal". If you told someone that you were a member of the LGBT I would hope you'd prefer that person whom you told would be indifferent to the fact. Not dislike it, and be a bigot, or applaud it which is even more frightening.

Having a "black" subsection sounds silly, no? Why would having an LGBT one be any different if all of the other subsections on this forum would accommodate? Just as I'm sure some of you cannot relate to being black should say a black forum member were to ask something race specific, should that mean that we start categorizing as in special need of attention. Simply you could just say "LGBT advice needed" and that would suffice, no?

Don't bother, Emma's an idiot, he can't wrap his tiny little brain around such things.