[split] LGBT (sub)section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: [split] LGBT (sub)section?
(14-06-2017 08:32 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  I think "pride movement" stuff is ridiculous, myself. Same with having "black pride", "white pride", "Asian pride", "blue-eyed pride."

I think just because there was a period in history where someone was subjected it doesn't mean that it validates feeling pissy at their previous oppressors or feeling prideful of being born as, or with something. It just alienates people, especially those who advocated for the pride in the first place. We're all human, there's really no need to label ourselves or push something that we are on others. Treat these things with normalcy and pure acknowledgment. You'll never see a person waving a "blue-eyed pride" flag so, why wave an "I'm gay" one?

Also, I realize that there are still people who hate homosexual relations, but that doesn't matter. There will always be bigots and being gay is quite normal now.

I live in California, and many people have pride flags here. Many LGBT people were forced into the closet by society and religion for so long, forced to hide in order to avoid backlash from society in the form of losing jobs or facing alienation from friends and family...basically being forced not to be themselves. To me, and I could be wrong as I am not LGBT and can't speak for all LGBT individuals...the flag is a symbolic way of saying, I'm not going to hide anymore. This is me, I'm going to be me. I'm free.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-06-2017, 08:43 AM
(14-06-2017 08:40 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Personal insults aside, I understand Muff's point in the original thread.

Making it separate is not making it "normal". If you told someone that you were a member of the LGBT I would hope you'd prefer that person to whom you told would be indifferent to the fact. Not dislike it, and be a bigot, or applaud it which is even more frightening.

Having a "black" subsection sounds silly, no? Why would having an LGBT one be any different if all of the other subsections on this forum would accommodate? Just as I'm sure some of you cannot relate to being black should say a black forum member were to ask something race specific, should that mean that mean we make another subsection? Simply you could just say "LGBT advice needed" and that would suffice, no?

We have a separate support thread now so this issue is more-or-less settled for the time being.

/shrug
14-06-2017, 08:44 AM
(14-06-2017 08:43 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:40 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Personal insults aside, I understand Muff's point in the original thread.

Making it separate is not making it "normal". If you told someone that you were a member of the LGBT I would hope you'd prefer that person to whom you told would be indifferent to the fact. Not dislike it, and be a bigot, or applaud it which is even more frightening.

Having a "black" subsection sounds silly, no? Why would having an LGBT one be any different if all of the other subsections on this forum would accommodate? Just as I'm sure some of you cannot relate to being black should say a black forum member were to ask something race specific, should that mean that mean we make another subsection? Simply you could just say "LGBT advice needed" and that would suffice, no?

We have a separate support thread now so this issue is more-or-less settled for the time being.

/shrug

Yea, settled with you losing.
14-06-2017, 08:50 AM
(14-06-2017 08:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Making it separate is not making it "normal". If you told someone that you were a member of the LGBT I would hope you'd prefer that person whom you told would be indifferent to the fact. Not dislike it, and be a bigot, or applaud it which is even more frightening.

Having a "black" subsection sounds silly, no? Why would having an LGBT one be any different if all of the other subsections on this forum would accommodate? Just as I'm sure some of you cannot relate to being black should say a black forum member were to ask something race specific, should that mean that we start categorizing as in special need of attention. Simply you could just say "LGBT advice needed" and that would suffice, no?

Don't bother, Emma's an idiot, he can't wrap his tiny little brain around such things.

You realize that I know you're trying to get under my skin with calling me a tranny and misgendering me and calling me stupid, right? You're going to have to try a whole lot harder for it to work again. I thought you were just insensitive and arrogant before, but now I know you're just malicious and it disarms you. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
14-06-2017, 08:56 AM
(14-06-2017 08:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:32 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  I think "pride movement" stuff is ridiculous, myself. Same with having "black pride", "white pride", "Asian pride", "blue-eyed pride."

I think just because there was a period in history where someone was subjected it doesn't mean that it validates feeling pissy at their previous oppressors or feeling prideful of being born as, or with something. It just alienates people, especially those who advocated for the pride in the first place. We're all human, there's really no need to label ourselves or push something that we are on others. Treat these things with normalcy and pure acknowledgment. You'll never see a person waving a "blue-eyed pride" flag so, why wave an "I'm gay" one?

Also, I realize that there are still people who hate homosexual relations, but that doesn't matter. There will always be bigots and being gay is quite normal now.

I live in California, and many people have pride flags here. Many LGBT people were forced into the closet by society and religion for so long, forced to hide in order to avoid backlash from society in the form of losing jobs or facing alienation from friends and family...basically being forced not to be themselves. To me, and I could be wrong as I am not LGBT and can't speak for all LGBT individuals...the flag is a symbolic way of saying, I'm not going to hide anymore. This is me, I'm going to be me. I'm free.

It's unneeded. It's like celebrating the fact that you're black after the slave trade.

I'm the farthest thing from a bigot that you can get, genuinely. I cheered when the supreme court allowed gay marriage. I'm happy that everyone can be as they are, but it's pointless to draw attention to the fact after the war was fought and won.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remember the slave trade, or remember being oppressed for years and years out of time. All I'm saying is that it is done. Don't confine yourself to just one thing that you are. I also understand that sexuality is quite pivotal to self-realization and development but why should it be, in particular, be one of the major things we should associate with a person?
14-06-2017, 08:59 AM
I think talking about this is important. Even if it's not in relation to the sub-section itself. This is a very debated issue, in and of itself.
14-06-2017, 09:00 AM
(14-06-2017 08:50 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't bother, Emma's an idiot, he can't wrap his tiny little brain around such things.

You realize that I know you're trying to get under my skin with calling me a tranny and misgendering me and calling me stupid, right? You're going to have to try a whole lot harder for it to work again. I thought you were just insensitive and arrogant before, but now I know you're just malicious and it disarms you. Drinking Beverage

And you're an idiotic hypocritical bitch.
I mean seriously do I need to spell this shit out to your tiny little brain?

You criticize me for being "malicious" but look at the first three posts in this thread.
Not a word out of you. I made some deflecting posts and the "maliciousness" continued and you chimed in because of course, you did. So, if you wanna start that shit I'll defend myself and go there. You continue by being "malicious" against me triple posting but again, first three posts in this thread.

I was happy to let this shit die but you and you're idiot group of retards wanted to start it up again, because of course, you did.

You get so defensive and "offended" when I act "maliciously" but through ALL our interactions it has always been YOU and your idiot group of retards who started and escalated shit. You're such a hypocrite.

"You're being malicious" but when it's one of your idiot group members it's "lol you're so right he's such a snowflake omg lmao hahahaha I have an inside out dick hahahaha".

Hypocrite.
It's always been you that started this shit and has gotten so upset when I didn't bend over and take it and decided to dish it back. YOU'RE the snowflake, you and your whole retarded little group. And I'm not the only one that can see it. You don't even know how badly you've embarrassed yourself through our interactions and the way you've behaved. Just because people don't speak up doesn't mean they don't see it. Look in the mirror Emma. I wanted this shit to die. YOU started it. YOU keep it going. YOU make it "malicious". YOU get offended when I dish it back. YOU.
14-06-2017, 09:01 AM
(14-06-2017 08:56 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I live in California, and many people have pride flags here. Many LGBT people were forced into the closet by society and religion for so long, forced to hide in order to avoid backlash from society in the form of losing jobs or facing alienation from friends and family...basically being forced not to be themselves. To me, and I could be wrong as I am not LGBT and can't speak for all LGBT individuals...the flag is a symbolic way of saying, I'm not going to hide anymore. This is me, I'm going to be me. I'm free.

It's unneeded. It's like celebrating the fact that you're black after the slave trade.

I'm the farthest thing from a bigot that you can get, genuinely. I cheered when the supreme court allowed gay marriage. I'm happy that everyone can be as they are, but it's pointless to draw attention to the fact after the war was fought and won.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remember the slave trade, or remember being oppressed for years and years out of time. All I'm saying is that it is done. Don't confine yourself to just one thing that you are. I also understand that sexuality is quite pivotal to self-realization and development but why should it be, in particular, be one of the major things we should associate with a person?

It's not done though. Marriage equality was achieved in the US, sure. But it's not "done". LGBT people still have to deal with living in a hostile country in the US. People still get beat up for being gay or trans. People still get murdered for it. People still get beat up and murdered for being black, too.

It's far bigger than simply marriage equality.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
14-06-2017, 09:04 AM
You've done nothing but damage your "cause" Emma with your childish behavior. You're actual aids. You and your whole little group of retarded idiots.
The lot of ya are proper aids.
14-06-2017, 09:05 AM
(14-06-2017 09:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:50 AM)Emma Wrote:  You realize that I know you're trying to get under my skin with calling me a tranny and misgendering me and calling me stupid, right? You're going to have to try a whole lot harder for it to work again. I thought you were just insensitive and arrogant before, but now I know you're just malicious and it disarms you. Drinking Beverage

And you're an idiotic hypocritical bitch.
I mean seriously do I need to spell this shit out to your tiny little brain?

You criticize me for being "malicious" but look at the first three posts in this thread.
Not a word out of you. I made some deflecting posts and the "maliciousness" continued and you chimed in because of course, you did. So, if you wanna start that shit I'll defend myself and go there. You continue by being "malicious" against me triple posting but again, first three posts in this thread.

I was happy to let this shit die but you and you're idiot group of retards wanted to start it up again, because of course, you did.

You get so defensive and "offended" when I act "maliciously" but through ALL our interactions it has always been YOU and your idiot group of retards who started and escalated shit. You're such a hypocrite.

"You're being malicious" but when it's one of your idiot group members it's "lol you're so right he's such a snowflake omg lmao hahahaha I have an inside out dick hahahaha".

Hypocrite.
It's always been you that started this shit and has gotten so upset when I didn't bend over and take it and decided to dish it back. YOU'RE the snowflake, you and your whole retarded little group. And I'm not the only one that can see it. You don't even know how badly you've embarrassed yourself through our interactions and the way you've behaved. Just because people don't speak up doesn't mean they don't see it. Look in the mirror Emma. I wanted this shit to die. YOU started it. YOU keep it going. YOU make it "malicious". YOU get offended when I dish it back. YOU.

Muffs Laugh out load you didn't want it to die. You keep referencing me. You keep bringing it back to me. Even when I had disengaged you kept it up, little buddy. I'm not offended anymore. But I am enjoying your hissy fits. Tongue