[split] LGBT (sub)section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: [split] LGBT (sub)section?
(14-06-2017 09:01 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:56 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  It's unneeded. It's like celebrating the fact that you're black after the slave trade.

I'm the farthest thing from a bigot that you can get, genuinely. I cheered when the supreme court allowed gay marriage. I'm happy that everyone can be as they are, but it's pointless to draw attention to the fact after the war was fought and won.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remember the slave trade, or remember being oppressed for years and years out of time. All I'm saying is that it is done. Don't confine yourself to just one thing that you are. I also understand that sexuality is quite pivotal to self-realization and development but why should it be, in particular, be one of the major things we should associate with a person?

It's not done though. Marriage equality was achieved in the US, sure. But it's not "done". LGBT people still have to deal with living in a hostile country in the US. People still get beat up for being gay or trans. People still get murdered for it. People still get beat up and murdered for being black, too.

It's far bigger than simply marriage equality.

There will be hate crimes for all groups of people. Gay, transexual, black, Asian, Hispanic, atheist, Islamic, Jewish, etc.

They are hate crimes. They are done by stupid people.
As I said there will always be bigots, and there will always be hateful, disgusting, people with murderous inclinations.

I'd say when the overwhelming majority of people agree to your cause, and the government to which you live acknowledges your plight and changes things towards your benefit that the war is pretty much fought and won.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 09:07 AM
(14-06-2017 09:05 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And you're an idiotic hypocritical bitch.
I mean seriously do I need to spell this shit out to your tiny little brain?

You criticize me for being "malicious" but look at the first three posts in this thread.
Not a word out of you. I made some deflecting posts and the "maliciousness" continued and you chimed in because of course, you did. So, if you wanna start that shit I'll defend myself and go there. You continue by being "malicious" against me triple posting but again, first three posts in this thread.

I was happy to let this shit die but you and you're idiot group of retards wanted to start it up again, because of course, you did.

You get so defensive and "offended" when I act "maliciously" but through ALL our interactions it has always been YOU and your idiot group of retards who started and escalated shit. You're such a hypocrite.

"You're being malicious" but when it's one of your idiot group members it's "lol you're so right he's such a snowflake omg lmao hahahaha I have an inside out dick hahahaha".

Hypocrite.
It's always been you that started this shit and has gotten so upset when I didn't bend over and take it and decided to dish it back. YOU'RE the snowflake, you and your whole retarded little group. And I'm not the only one that can see it. You don't even know how badly you've embarrassed yourself through our interactions and the way you've behaved. Just because people don't speak up doesn't mean they don't see it. Look in the mirror Emma. I wanted this shit to die. YOU started it. YOU keep it going. YOU make it "malicious". YOU get offended when I dish it back. YOU.

Muffs Laugh out load you didn't want it to die. You keep referencing me. You keep bringing it back to me. Even when I had disengaged you kept it up, little buddy. I'm not offended anymore. But I am enjoying your hissy fits. Tongue

What?? Have you even read the thread aids? (I'm calling you aids from now on).
Not a single mention of you by me before you decide to chime in.
Shoo aids.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-06-2017, 09:09 AM
(14-06-2017 09:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:05 AM)Emma Wrote:  Muffs Laugh out load you didn't want it to die. You keep referencing me. You keep bringing it back to me. Even when I had disengaged you kept it up, little buddy. I'm not offended anymore. But I am enjoying your hissy fits. Tongue

What?? Have you even read the thread aids? (I'm calling you aids from now on).
Shoo aids.

Gosh, I see you're trying to stifle free speech again. You like that ol' switch-a-roo, don't ya, bud?
14-06-2017, 09:11 AM
(14-06-2017 09:09 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What?? Have you even read the thread aids? (I'm calling you aids from now on).
Shoo aids.

Gosh, I see you're trying to stifle free speech again. You like that ol' switch-a-roo, don't ya, bud?

Look, aids, stop strawmanning me, I'm in no way "stifling free speech" and every time you say it makes you look like a bigger idiot.

Shoo aids, shoo.

14-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Also, if the only way to "win" this fight is to stop murders, hate, and general bigotry then it will never win. Nothing will ever win. Not LGBT, not race predjudices, not chauvinism, not anything.

Even though I disagree with a bigot I still respect his/her right to think what they think.
Obviously a line is crossed when violence or slander enter the picture.
14-06-2017, 09:12 AM
(14-06-2017 09:01 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:56 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  It's unneeded. It's like celebrating the fact that you're black after the slave trade.

I'm the farthest thing from a bigot that you can get, genuinely. I cheered when the supreme court allowed gay marriage. I'm happy that everyone can be as they are, but it's pointless to draw attention to the fact after the war was fought and won.

I'm not saying you shouldn't remember the slave trade, or remember being oppressed for years and years out of time. All I'm saying is that it is done. Don't confine yourself to just one thing that you are. I also understand that sexuality is quite pivotal to self-realization and development but why should it be, in particular, be one of the major things we should associate with a person?

It's not done though. Marriage equality was achieved in the US, sure. But it's not "done". LGBT people still have to deal with living in a hostile country in the US. People still get beat up for being gay or trans. People still get murdered for it. People still get beat up and murdered for being black, too.

It's far bigger than simply marriage equality.

Not to mention the recent bunch of state legislation attempting to allow religious people in every field to discriminate against LGBT. Not to mention also that the reason many Trump voters give for supporting him is the judges he's going to appoint--judges' ruling these kinds of laws unconstitutional have been the most effective obstacles to their being enacted. And finally, not to mention that further executive orders in this area have been hinted at--dogwhistles to the fundies to be patient, they'll "get their country back."
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
14-06-2017, 09:13 AM
(14-06-2017 09:11 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Also, if the only way to "win" this fight is to stop murders, hate, and general bigotry then it will never win. Nothing will ever win. Not LGBT, not race predjudices, not chauvinism, not anything.

Even though I disagree with a bigot I still respect his/her right to think what they think.

For the record, I'm not a bigot.
Aids and her cronies try to make me out to be because I champion free speech and true equality and that goes against their desire for LGBT people to get special treatment. Also, I'm gay myself.

Aids is just being his usual aids self.

14-06-2017, 09:16 AM
(14-06-2017 08:56 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I live in California, and many people have pride flags here. Many LGBT people were forced into the closet by society and religion for so long, forced to hide in order to avoid backlash from society in the form of losing jobs or facing alienation from friends and family...basically being forced not to be themselves. To me, and I could be wrong as I am not LGBT and can't speak for all LGBT individuals...the flag is a symbolic way of saying, I'm not going to hide anymore. This is me, I'm going to be me. I'm free.

It's unneeded. It's like celebrating the fact that you're black after the slave trade.

I don't think it's about confining yourself to one thing. I think it's about being proud of who you are as a person--after years of people telling you you shouldn't be, after years of people telling you you are less than. The flag is a way, a symbol to stand together and say "I'm proud of who I am." A symbol for those with LGBT friends and family to say "I support and love you for who you are."

I don't think by waving a pride flag that means you are only that one thing. When I see the flag, I see families, I see community members, I see my neighbors. I don't just say Oh, thy're LGBT, don't need to know anything else about them 'cause that's apparently all there is Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-06-2017, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2017 09:20 AM by Emma.)
(14-06-2017 09:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:11 AM)Larai19 Wrote:  Also, if the only way to "win" this fight is to stop murders, hate, and general bigotry then it will never win. Nothing will ever win. Not LGBT, not race predjudices, not chauvinism, not anything.

For the record, I'm not a bigot.
Aids and her cronies try to make me out to be because I champion free speech and true equality and that goes against their desire for LGBT people to get special treatment. Also, I'm gay myself.

For the record, I don't think she was calling you a bigot.

Edit: Although you are gay, that doesn't mean you can't be a bigot or that you're not a bigot. I just don't think she was saying you're a bigot.
14-06-2017, 09:19 AM
(14-06-2017 09:16 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  For the record, I'm not a bigot.

For the record, I don't think she was calling you a bigot.

I was preempting before you and your aids cronies "maliciously" and falsely accuse me of such things.