[split] Life is nothing but problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: [split] Life is nothing but problems
(10-05-2017 10:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  KUSA commented about it yesterday. I don't understand how he suddenly forgot that happened.

He directly mentioned what happened on AF then just this morning, claiming his privacy, went and edited his words, but was quoted by Anjele and Brian37. Thank goodness for the reply button, because otherwise...

When your heads full of shit and stress you can become forgetful I know I do.

I guess, but he also edited out the post where he specifically mentioned the link in AF, then claimed today he didn't know. He must have read it when it he edited it? We actually banned someone over this, sure it's just for a couple weeks but still...Its evidence of why the ban happened.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2017, 10:37 AM
(10-05-2017 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 08:17 AM)julep Wrote:  I think this rises to a permaban level. I'm going to ask Moms and see.

KUSA commented about it yesterday. I don't understand how he suddenly forgot that happened.

He directly mentioned what happened on AF then just this morning, claiming his privacy, went and edited his words, but was quoted by Anjele and Brian37. Thank goodness for the reply button, because otherwise...

Here is the proof that he linked the thread.

[Image: 6ba8baa99d85b3cc6e4592710ae68781.png]
[Image: 7d7dc810cc5acd9e894e915c54900b8d.png]
10-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Yeah I saw it. I'm a member there too. I saw it yesterday -- just like you.

The point is that you saw it yesterday too.

I am troubled this happened to you -- that hasn't changed.

But I also have to protect the integrity of this forum also. The amount of edit time will be changed for ALL members later today.

10-05-2017, 11:02 AM
(10-05-2017 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The amount of edit time will be changed for ALL members later today.

Is it fair to penalize everybody because one person abused a privilege?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-05-2017, 11:05 AM
(10-05-2017 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The amount of edit time will be changed for ALL members later today.

It's was set for like 4 days...which is very generous...many forums only allow for a few minutes before the comment is locked.

I think a shorter time is sufficient to notice typos...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Only, please, don't make it too short a window, Momsy! (My OCD joke of a brain doesn't handle even the smallest typo too well Blush )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-05-2017, 11:19 AM
My apologies for fucking things up for everyone.

I'll leave all of you alone for a while.
10-05-2017, 12:16 PM
(10-05-2017 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

I don't know how the time restriction was lifted in the first place, probably inadvertently with a software update.

There is always a time limit with that, people have been known to go full tilt and delete/modify all their old posts, leaving threads in incoherent shambles. Most online forums have very strict editing time windows. It is there to protect the content, not to punish anyone.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-05-2017, 12:24 PM
(10-05-2017 12:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Is it fair to penalize everybody because one person abused a privilege?

I don't know how the time restriction was lifted in the first place, probably inadvertently with a software update.

There is always a time limit with that, people have been known to go full tilt and delete/modify all their old posts, leaving threads in incoherent shambles. Most online forums have very strict editing time windows. It is there to protect the content, not to punish anyone.

No that's not correct.

It used to be Unlimited until a user went through and edited some 500 posts while most people were asleep.

That led to a change in the time limit to a few days.

I've further shortened it.

Sometimes you don't know something will be a problem until it's a problem.

This was long before I was a regular moderator on this forum (I think)...not sure I was even a vet back then.

10-05-2017, 12:30 PM
When I fist started posting here, I didn't manage to correct my hundreds of typos in time before the limit was up... But however the case may be, it's not a punishment. It's proper forum maintenance, and there is still plenty time to correct typos or add in post scripts even now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man