[split] Life is nothing but problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 04:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: [split] Life is nothing but problems
(10-05-2017 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But I also have to protect the integrity of this forum also. The amount of edit time will be changed for ALL members later today.

The fuck is that about? I've gone back to days old, weeks old, months old and even years old posts to correct typos or to clarify statements when old threads are reanimated.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2017, 04:29 PM
(10-05-2017 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But I also have to protect the integrity of this forum also. The amount of edit time will be changed for ALL members later today.

The fuck is that about? I've gone back to days old, weeks old, months old and even years old posts to correct typos or to clarify statements when old threads are reanimated.

It just takes one jerk to ruin things for everyone else.

Doesn't matter how well you behave or how good your intentions are when someone is an asshole and screws things up royally.

I already dread the end of Brian's 2 week time out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-05-2017, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 04:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-05-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck is that about? I've gone back to days old, weeks old, months old and even years old posts to correct typos or to clarify statements when old threads are reanimated.

That should not be the case. They are my words. I mean that I literally own them by virtue of copyright law which is almost impossible to surrender no matter how hard I try. Anyone can quote anything anyone writes with proper attribution, but the original author should always have the right to retract the source material whenever they want regardless. If its already been cited, its already been cited, if it hasn't it hasn't. Don't matter either way. This ain't a courtroom where the rules of evidence apply. At least them's my thoughts on the matter.

#sigh
10-05-2017, 04:39 PM
(10-05-2017 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It just takes one jerk to ruin things for everyone else.

That should not be the case. They are my words. I mean that I literally own them by virtue of copyright law which is almost impossible to surrender no matter how hard I try. Anyone can quote anything anyone writes with proper attribution, but the original author should always have the right to retract the source material whenever they want regardless. If it's hasn't already been cited, it's already been cited, if it hasn't it hasn't. Don't matter either way. This ain't a courtroom where the rules of evidence apply. At least them's my thoughts on the matter.

I have to think more on how I feel about this situation...not that it matters much.

Reminds me of all the kids in a class getting punished for the behavior of one...same kind of stuff happened when I was in basic training...but this is a social situation so I am still thinking this through. But, whatever is decided...that's how it will be. I can like it or not...makes not a damn bit of difference when all is said and done.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-05-2017, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 04:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-05-2017 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That should not be the case. They are my words. I mean that I literally own them by virtue of copyright law which is almost impossible to surrender no matter how hard I try. Anyone can quote anything anyone writes with proper attribution, but the original author should always have the right to retract the source material whenever they want regardless. If it's hasn't already been cited, it's already been cited, if it hasn't it hasn't. Don't matter either way. This ain't a courtroom where the rules of evidence apply. At least them's my thoughts on the matter.

I have to think more on how I feel about this situation...not that it matters much.

Reminds me of all the kids in a class getting punished for the behavior of one...same kind of stuff happened when I was in basic training...but this is a social situation so I am still thinking this through. But, whatever is decided...that's how it will be. I can like it or not...makes not a damn bit of difference when all is said and done.

I don't share your opinion that KUSA was being a jerk. I think he should have the right of retraction. I think everybody should. But I don't think posts should be allowed to be deleted. Disrupts too many different things. But edited, sure. If I'm responding to a post I always quote it as a matter of course. My post is self-contained and can stand alone. Editing the original after I've had my say is of no use.

#sigh
10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
(10-05-2017 04:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to think more on how I feel about this situation...not that it matters much.

I don't share your opinion that KUSA was being a jerk. I think he should have the right of retraction. I think everybody should. But I don't think posts should be allowed to be deleted. Disrupts too many different things. But edited, sure. If I'm responding to a post I always quote it as a matter of course. My post is self-sufficient and can stand alone. Editing the original after I've had my say is of no use.

I was thinking more about Brian...he's the reason KUSA deleted his stuff and I can sort of understand why he did. I have no beef with KUSA. Brian is spiraling to a new level of instability and his actions are affecting us all either directly or indirectly.

I have often gone back and corrected spelling errors or added words that I left out because I was thinking faster than I type. I appreciate the ability to edit.

10-05-2017, 04:59 PM
And here we have it, ladies and gents, TTA's very own Right To Be Forgotten fight

In the left corner, wearing a stylish 'do and high-heels and weighing in at none-of-your-business-you-don't-ask-a-woman-her-weight-were-you-raised-by-wolves, Momsurroundedbyboys.

[Image: smileys-boxing-220073.gif]

In the right corner, wearing an equally stylish fundoshi and weighing in at about a ton, most of it - his big heart, Girly.

[Image: sumo.gif]

Place your bets, now!

(Me, I see both sides, really)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-05-2017, 05:05 PM
(10-05-2017 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't share your opinion that KUSA was being a jerk.

I was thinking more about Brian...he's the reason KUSA deleted his stuff and I can sort of understand why he did.

oops. Well now I'm embarrassed. Color me red. Blush

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-05-2017, 05:39 PM
(10-05-2017 04:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  And here we have it, ladies and gents, TTA's very own Right To Be Forgotten fight

In the left corner, wearing a stylish 'do and high-heels and weighing in at none-of-your-business-you-don't-ask-a-woman-her-weight-were-you-raised-by-wolves, Momsurroundedbyboys.

[Image: smileys-boxing-220073.gif]

In the right corner, wearing an equally stylish fundoshi and weighing in at about a ton, most of it - his big heart, Girly.

[Image: sumo.gif]

Place your bets, now!

(Me, I see both sides, really)

Girly is doomed Weeping
10-05-2017, 05:45 PM
(10-05-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 04:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck is that about? I've gone back to days old, weeks old, months old and even years old posts to correct typos or to clarify statements when old threads are reanimated.

Doesn't matter how well you behave or how good your intentions are when someone is an asshole and screws things up royally.

I already dread the end of Brian's 2 week time out.

He may decide not to return, I know I wouldn't if I'd fucked up this bad. His reception will be decidedly frosty which I'm sure won't be lost on him.