[split] Mod destroyed my thread at Christian site. Fuck Christian forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: [split] Mod destroyed my thread at Christian site. Fuck Christian forums
(31-08-2015 08:08 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Here is the pm I received from their moderator:

"Greetings Octapulse,

We do allow atheists and seekers to ask questions regarding our faith and the scriptures. We also allow doubts to be expressed and personal concerns to be aired. What we do not allow is threads designed specifically to assault the faith and the scriptures to be posted with impunity. That has never been allowed here, nor will it ever be allowed here. We are obviously open to discourse with atheists on difficult questions, as is evidenced by your interactions here thus far.

Also, there is the issue of this:

"I tried praying for starving children in Africa and I think it worked, there are millions of them!"

I'd ask that in the future you not mock the prayers of Christians.

In light of all this, and partially due to the title of this PM, I have given you a week off from posting and chat. I do hope that you use this time to contemplate your posting practices and the propriety of what you post. What follows time off is generally a ban. I'd also ask you to please keep that in mind.

I have added other members of our ministry to this message as well for my own accountability.

God bless,

Steve"

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Have you responded to this? How long have you been there?

Steve is a cowardly, anti-intellectual sad sack who knows he has no response to facts - so he disallows them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2015, 09:20 AM
(31-08-2015 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 08:08 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Here is the pm I received from their moderator:

"Greetings Octapulse,

We do allow atheists and seekers to ask questions regarding our faith and the scriptures. We also allow doubts to be expressed and personal concerns to be aired. What we do not allow is threads designed specifically to assault the faith and the scriptures to be posted with impunity. That has never been allowed here, nor will it ever be allowed here. We are obviously open to discourse with atheists on difficult questions, as is evidenced by your interactions here thus far.

Also, there is the issue of this:

"I tried praying for starving children in Africa and I think it worked, there are millions of them!"

I'd ask that in the future you not mock the prayers of Christians.

In light of all this, and partially due to the title of this PM, I have given you a week off from posting and chat. I do hope that you use this time to contemplate your posting practices and the propriety of what you post. What follows time off is generally a ban. I'd also ask you to please keep that in mind.

I have added other members of our ministry to this message as well for my own accountability.

God bless,

Steve"

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Have you responded to this? How long have you been there?

Steve is a cowardly, anti-intellectual sad sack who knows he has no response to facts - so he disallows them.

I couldn't respond because of the ban. I had just started there

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
31-08-2015, 09:21 AM
(31-08-2015 09:20 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you responded to this? How long have you been there?

I couldn't respond because of the ban

So what is the actual URL of the site?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-08-2015, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 09:33 AM by Octapulse.)
(31-08-2015 09:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 09:20 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I couldn't respond because of the ban

So what is the actual URL of the site?

worthychristianforums.com

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
31-08-2015, 10:35 AM
(31-08-2015 04:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do please point us to examples of yourself or other theists being treated unfairly. If any of your examples amount to anything more than whining after people don't buy your crap, I'll be surprised Drinking Beverage

If I did respond to your request and answered your question, I would be dog-piled with statements that I was whining......that's how looney this place is.
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2015, 10:44 AM
(31-08-2015 10:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 04:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do please point us to examples of yourself or other theists being treated unfairly. If any of your examples amount to anything more than whining after people don't buy your crap, I'll be surprised Drinking Beverage

If I did respond to your request and answered your question, I would be dog-piled with statements that I was whining......that's how looney this place is.

To be fair, you already are whining.

If you don't like your treatment here, why are you here? Shit, even a mutt has enough brains to know when he's wanted or not.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-08-2015, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 11:07 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(31-08-2015 10:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 10:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If I did respond to your request and answered your question, I would be dog-piled with statements that I was whining......that's how looney this place is.

To be fair, you already are whining.

If you don't like your treatment here, why are you here? Shit, even a mutt has enough brains to know when he's wanted or not.

Same reason Octopluse went to the Christian forum. Its an act of charity. Someone needs to expose yours and theirs hypocrisy.
31-08-2015, 11:10 AM
(31-08-2015 11:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Someone needs to expose yours and theirs hypocrisy.

That's rich coming from perhaps the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen here.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-08-2015, 11:46 AM
(31-08-2015 11:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Same reason Octopluse went to the Christian forum. Its an act of charity. Someone needs to expose yours and theirs hypocrisy.

"Charity"? More like buttressing your self-image. You're not fooling anyone. The only "charity" you show here is your self-serving, ego-stroking forgiveness schtick.

As for "exposing hypocrisy", mote, beam, etc etc. You're a Christian who "forgives" others for their insults -- yet your very screenname is a slap at everyone here. Your behavior, being snide, rude, and insulting, is not Christlike in the least, which is what you're called to be.

And because I know you're going to call me a hypocrite for not criticizing the rude, obnoxious atheists here, let me remind you that they don't claim to be adherents of the Author of Morality; they aren't called to be Christlike by their beliefs; they don't swaddle themselves in smug sanctimony even as they belie the principles they claim to uphold.

In short, they aren't hypocrites, and you most certainly are.

Crai moar, child.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-08-2015, 11:54 AM
(31-08-2015 11:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  "Charity"? More like buttressing your self-image. You're not fooling anyone. The only "charity" you show here is your self-serving, ego-stroking forgiveness schtick.

The forgivings have decreased dramatically since I put a certain 3 individuals on ignore. If forgiving were ego stroking to me, I'd have quickly un-ignored them. I have no desire to do that.

Your analysis is wrong.