[split] Morondog vs the new guy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: [split] Morondog vs the new guy
So you're advocating that the religious should not be in the public eye. As in they can't knock on my door, no parades, no loudspeakers or public preaching. Is that what you mean?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: [split] Morondog vs the new guy
(19-11-2013 08:42 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  So you're advocating that the religious should not be in the public eye. As in they can't knock on my door, no parades, no loudspeakers or public preaching. Is that what you mean?

As a starting point for discussion yes, possibly. But actually, none of that would worry me. All of those instances involve individuals or a few people interacting directly with other individuals, If you go back and look at what I actually wrote, instead of what you imagine what I wrote.

I said no more BROADCASTING and no more religious rites associated with government functions.

Perhaps you can offer evidence that you actually think by taking those concepts and showing how they could be considered equivelant to public speaking, loudspeakers, and knocking on doors. By the way, you are aware, are you not? that the public airways are, indeed, the property of the public to be licensed for use for the benefit of the public. Which kind of precludes the spreading of mental disease :-) And if you are wondering how I came up with the idea of disease, then go back and see my initial links

To quote Richard Feynman, Nature can not be fooled. And the second quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply