[split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 05:04 AM
RE: [split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion
The biggest problem about "freedom to smoke" ---

It's bad for you -- you accept that.

It's bad for others -- you think that's OK too.

You're a selfish asshole.

See the problem?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-09-2015, 06:25 AM
How about DLJ?

He fucking smokes in bars! What a fucking hypocrite! What a fucking evil motherfucker!!! A murdering motherfucker!!

Should we hang him, or just imprison him for life?
15-09-2015, 06:39 AM
(15-09-2015 06:25 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  How about DLJ?

He fucking smokes in bars! What a fucking hypocrite! What a fucking evil motherfucker!!! A murdering motherfucker!!

Why not both?

Don't be a twit. DLJ's somewhere where it's legal. Whether or not it *should* be legal is independent of what *is*. You are arguing that it should be legal, based on the incredible loss of freedom it represents to you Rolleyes

Mind you, over here we have smoking sections and non-smoking sections of restaurants by law, but although that's legal, most restaurants no longer offer a smoking section - that's your free market at work, Mr Freedom Lover. So even in a society where it's not constrained by law that public spaces must be smoke free, you have no guarantee that your freedom to smoke will be respected.

How terrible.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-09-2015, 07:25 AM
(14-09-2015 08:57 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You are so naive. Rent needs to be paid, children fed, rent paid....

You sound like you have had an easy time of it.

If I am wrong, my apologies. But that is how you come across mate. You're currently talking with a guy who has been working since age 8. Like many others. One does NOT always have a choice.

I am lucky compared to most in the world, I will admit that. But if your only complaint is that you have to deal with cig smoke at work, then you also have a very good life compared to most people on this planet.

I've worked some very crappy jobs in my life, and that's what motivated me to find better employment conditions.

We all have. I wasn't gigging at 8! I was working a tractor with poisons for a pilot who was crop dusting. Then worked on a trawler starting at 4 am when I was 9 and on it went. 29 broken bones working like a dog.

Wake up.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-09-2015, 07:33 AM
(15-09-2015 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 06:25 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  How about DLJ?

Why not both?

I don't often LOL

But when I do...

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-09-2015, 12:11 AM
(14-09-2015 08:43 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  You're exactly right. He does not own his employees as slaves. In fact, his employees have the freedom to leave at anytime if they don't like the working conditions. That's the beauty of freedom. If you don't want to be in the sun all day and be at risk of falling off of roofs, then you don't have to be a roofer. If you don't want to risk drowning from a crab fishing accident, you don't have to be a crab fishermen. If you don't want to be exposed to excessive amounts of paint fumes, you don't have to work in a auto-body shop. If you don't want to work in a smoky diner, you don't have to be a smoky-diner waitress. Freedom....it's a wonderful thing.

Matt, my views are very libertarian so I agree with you on many levels. Here is a video that presents a libertarian view about smoking in bars and restaurants.

That being said I do recognize something about human nature. A few humans are capable of making sacrifices today, in order to have a better tomorrow. However most humans are not very good at delaying gratification. The most serious effects from smoking come after long term exposure. I don't really expect your typical human being to delay the gratification of having a job today in order to have a healthier future. People, especially young people, do not think that far ahead.

Because the ill effects of working in a environment filled with smoke don't manifest themselves until several years down the road, the employer doesn't end up bearing the cost of what is essentially a work related injury. In a perfect world the former employee could potentially go back and sue the employer. But the world isn't perfect, the bar goes defunct or ownership changes hands etc.

I think in most instances the employer of a place that allows smoking is benefiting from an externality. That is why I don't have a problem with laws prohibiting smoking in bars or restaurants. People can go outside and smoke, so it is not like they are being denied their fix.
[+] 2 users Like Heywood Jahblome's post
16-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Well fuck me sideways, a coherent post from Heywood Ohmy

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-09-2015, 12:24 AM
(16-09-2015 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well fuck me sideways, a coherent post from Heywood Ohmy

Heywood's Law

Perception of coherence correlates with agreement.
16-09-2015, 12:26 AM
(16-09-2015 12:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well fuck me sideways, a coherent post from Heywood Ohmy

Heywood's Law

Perception of coherence correlates with agreement.

No, you twat. You said something that made sense and gave a good reason (the effects of smoking only show later).

Back to your regular programming.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-09-2015, 06:25 PM
(15-09-2015 07:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why not both?

I don't often LOL

But when I do...

Thumbsup

What the fuck? You can smoke in public but not chew gum?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus