[split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: [split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion
(25-09-2015 01:31 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 09:06 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  it affects others besides the idiots that choose to do it, so keep it out of buildings where people have to go to work. Or shop for that matter.

When you say "idiot" are you referring to all smokers, or just the ones like DLJ who smoke inside bars?

All, considering the choice is a very dumb one to make given the well-known, irrefutable negative effects of smoking and lack of any good reason to take up the addiction.

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 01:20 PM
(25-09-2015 03:10 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 01:31 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  When you say "idiot" are you referring to all smokers, or just the ones like DLJ who smoke inside bars?

All, considering the choice is a very dumb one to make given the well-known, irrefutable negative effects of smoking and lack of any good reason to take up the addiction.

BS! It makes you look cool!

Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-09-2015, 07:59 PM
(26-09-2015 01:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 03:10 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  All, considering the choice is a very dumb one to make given the well-known, irrefutable negative effects of smoking and lack of any good reason to take up the addiction.

BS! It makes you look cool!

Laugh out load

I've never understood the 'smoking makes you cool' phenomenon...

We've known for at least a few decades how bad those things are for people, and yet users are 'cool'? I would have expected that a stigma would have developed around users as health results became progressively clearer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-09-2015, 08:43 PM
(24-09-2015 03:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 03:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  People's rights are limited by the society in which they live, not granted.

We all have the right to ourselves and all else flows from this. If you think your rights are greater than others', you will be in for a rude awakening.

But that still doesn't follow. If you live in a society where, for hypothetical sake 'might makes right', than anyone who can impose themselves on you has the 'right' to do so. You have no right to self, you only have as many 'rights' as you are able to enforce upon others. Your 'rights' are directly correlated to your personal ability to impose them on others by force, threat of force, or other forms of coercion.

Telling Genghis Khan that you have a 'right to yourself' as he is pillaging your village around you is going to do fuck all to stop him, or force him to otherwise respect your imagined 'right'.

Even the 'right to self' relies upon consensus.

It relies on reason and it relies on fear of consequences; consensus follows.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2015, 08:44 PM
(19-09-2015 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 03:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
People's rights are limited by the society in which they live, not granted.

Two exceptions:

IT Services (access rights are restricted until granted)
North Korea.

Consider

Those are restrictions, are they not? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2015, 08:54 PM
(26-09-2015 07:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 01:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  BS! It makes you look cool!

Laugh out load

We've known for at least a few decades how bad those things are for people, and yet users are 'cool'? I would have expected that a stigma would have developed around users as health results became progressively clearer.

I think it is from the 40's and 50's. America was heavily influenced by those decades. Bogart smoking in films along with others. McCarthyism still exists in, for example, the attitude toward public health. You know, universal health care is a Commie plot.

And of course the influence through music and film upon the rest of the world. Cuba and south America cigars, Australia until recently cigarettes etc etc.

Of course I may be wrong.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-09-2015, 09:27 PM
B
(26-09-2015 07:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 01:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  BS! It makes you look cool!

Laugh out load

Sorry. I'm satirical almost to a fault.

I'm also a hypocrite. I gave up cigarettes a year ago... by switching to a pipe. Pipe tobacco is much cheaper, and I smoke less tobacco bý volume, but some days I still wake up with a feeling that there are barbells in my ribcage. Don't smoke. After a while, it hurts.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-09-2015, 09:32 PM
(26-09-2015 09:27 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  B
(26-09-2015 07:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've never understood the 'smoking makes you cool' phenomenon...

Sorry. I'm satirical almost to a fault.

I'm also a hypocrite. I gave up cigarettes a year ago... by switching to a pipe. Pipe tobacco is much cheaper, and I smoke less tobacco bý volume, but some days I still wake up with a feeling that there are barbells in my ribcage. Don't smoke. After a while, it hurts.

No need to worry about me smoking.

I've had a lifetime's worth of that disgusting smoke in my lungs (my parents were fairly heavy smokers, still are to a degree) already and I know what that shit can do to you.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.