[split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: [split] Office Depot refuses to print a religious flyer against abortion
(14-09-2015 04:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 03:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But not even a 'like'?

Weeping

Nobody likes you. Angel

Then all is back to normal. What a relief.

Unsure

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 04:39 AM
(14-09-2015 03:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But not even a 'like'?

Weeping

(13-09-2015 11:11 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Like, you said it netter then I could.

Fixed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-09-2015, 04:45 AM
(13-09-2015 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 06:48 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  ...
Not really trying to make a case for health and safety, I'm trying to make a case for freedom.

I want the freedom to choose on which side of the road I drive.

When anyone else doesn't make the same choice as me, it's their problem if I hit them.

Bastards!

Dodgy

Really? That's the same as a man having a cig inside a bar he owns? Huh

Perhaps a better comparison is that you'd like the freedom to go and enjoy a drink every now and then. Alcohol doesn't have to be legal, and there's no doubting that we'd all be safer if it was illegal. Some of us like the freedom to have a drink though.....Drinking Beverage
14-09-2015, 04:47 AM
(13-09-2015 11:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I want the freedom to choose on which side of the road I drive.

When anyone else doesn't make the same choice as me, it's their problem if I hit them.

Bastards!

Dodgy

I want the freedom to set up tire-spikes where ever I feel.

People who don't like the risks involved are clearly just impinging upon my freedoms.

I want the freedom to have a drink every now and then, and I also want the bar owner to have the freedom to choose whether or not he wants to allow smoking.....course I'm a nutjob though.....Gasp
14-09-2015, 04:51 AM
(13-09-2015 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:25 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  If you don't like your working conditions, unionize to get the conditions changed, or find employment elsewhere.

How... thoughtful. You know, a lot of people have enough of a problem putting bread on the table. Who the fuck's got time to go rah rah and go to unions just so that assholes won't smoke in your fucken face? Oh, and if you don't like *that* solution, just snap your fingers and get another job.

Believe it or not, you're no entitled to any job, let alone one that has zero safety concerns. Some people have jobs where they might get hurt or killed. You might consider getting over this fact.
14-09-2015, 04:57 AM
(14-09-2015 04:45 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I want the freedom to choose on which side of the road I drive.

Bastards!

Dodgy

Perhaps a better comparison is that you'd like the freedom to go and enjoy a drink every now and then. Alcohol doesn't have to be legal, and there's no doubting that we'd all be safer if it was illegal. Some of us like the freedom to have a drink though.....Drinking Beverage

Look! It's my road and if you don't like it you can get your own country!

Angry

14-09-2015, 04:58 AM
(14-09-2015 04:45 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

Bastards!

Dodgy

I disagree. I think there is good reason to doubt that people would be safer if alcohol was illegal.
I think the Prohibition Era in the US demonstrated that quite nicely; alcohol consumption and crime both increased, as did the use of alternative and potentially dangerous substances such as patent medicines, opium, and cocaine.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-09-2015, 04:58 AM
(14-09-2015 12:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 06:29 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I would go further in that I think private businesses should be allowed to decide whether or not smoking is allowed in their establishments (smoking as been largely banned where I live). I don't smoke, but I think it's just too much government overreach. The market will decide these things....

Matt you think this because you have never sat on a drum riser up on a stage breathing the smoke for three or more hours playing drums!

I once bought a brand new set of white pearl drums for a three month tour. When the tour was over my kit was yellow!

Make of that what you will. But just imaging what my lungs went through!

Quote:Matt Finney Wrote:
If you don't like your working conditions, unionize to get the conditions changed, or find employment elsewhere.

Yeah, you really don't know the world. Some people world all over in all kinds of conditions.
[Image: cough.jpeg?1386589158]

You should've bought yellow drums. Ohmy

I've been to some shows where the artists requested the venue to be non-smoking for the night. Did you ever consider making such a request?

You have to remember, I'm not suggesting that all bars must allow smoking, I'm suggesting that the bar owner should get to make that choice. You could then choose to avoid the smoky bars, and only play at non-smoking facilities.
14-09-2015, 05:01 AM
(14-09-2015 04:58 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 12:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Matt you think this because you have never sat on a drum riser up on a stage breathing the smoke for three or more hours playing drums!

I once bought a brand new set of white pearl drums for a three month tour. When the tour was over my kit was yellow!

Make of that what you will. But just imaging what my lungs went through!

Yeah, you really don't know the world. Some people world all over in all kinds of conditions.
[Image: cough.jpeg?1386589158]

You should've bought yellow drums. Ohmy

I've been to some shows where the artists requested the venue to be non-smoking for the night. Did you ever consider making such a request?

You have to remember, I'm not suggesting that all bars must allow smoking, I'm suggesting that the bar owner should get to make that choice. You could then choose to avoid the smoky bars, and only play at non-smoking facilities.

Well, I did buy yellow drums. Smile

The world does not work like that. A non famous band cannot make demands of club owners.

Think Globally, not Locally.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 05:02 AM
(14-09-2015 02:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  How does unionising help a musician or singer doing two dates, Sydney to KL in two days? And the musician is from, say, New Zealand???

You don't need a union.

When booking your shows, simply explain that you can only play that venue if it is non-smoking for your performance. This is not uncommon practice.