[split] Political Memes (disability discussion)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 12:05 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
[split] Political Memes (disability discussion)
(29-06-2017 08:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: DDh8KuNXcAAnHow.jpg]

Truth as can be, I get pissed when I see people who are very capable of walking on to the little automatic carts. Or people who park in handicap, but they are very capable of taking the parking space a few paces away. Dodgy

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: Political Memes
(30-06-2017 09:20 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 08:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: DDh8KuNXcAAnHow.jpg]

Truth as can be, I get pissed when I see people who are very capable of walking on to the little automatic carts. Or people who park in handicap, but they are very capable of taking the parking space a few paces away. Dodgy

An exception would be when we park in the handicap space when we go somewhere with my 90 year old MIL. Neither my wife or I would EVER use that placard, otherwise. But you never know how a person is disabled...except when I go the hardware store, and see a person in that space who is a contractor. I'm at a loss to explain how someone can build homes, and is pushing out a big bundle of framing studs on a cart, and is handicapped. Looks like a scamster, to me. That's like half a ton of wood. Huh
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
01-07-2017, 06:56 AM
After recouping from his cancer for a time, my hubby looked normal and walked normal - for like 5 minutes, then he faltered and had to sit. He used the carts. I hated people for looking at him funny.

SOMETIMES YOU CANNOT SEE DISABLILITIES AND YOUR REACTIONS HURT VULNERABLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

And you'd be surprised how many people you see who are using shopping carts as walkers. They, too, look normal but cannot walk more than a few minutes without walker. Getting from the car to the carts may be all they can do.

Shame on you people. Some day that shoe will be on your foot, you are only human yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
01-07-2017, 10:01 AM
(01-07-2017 06:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  After recouping from his cancer for a time, my hubby looked normal and walked normal - for like 5 minutes, then he faltered and had to sit. He used the carts. I hated people for looking at him funny.

SOMETIMES YOU CANNOT SEE DISABLILITIES AND YOUR REACTIONS HURT VULNERABLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

And you'd be surprised how many people you see who are using shopping carts as walkers. They, too, look normal but cannot walk more than a few minutes without walker. Getting from the car to the carts may be all they can do.

Shame on you people. Some day that shoe will be on your foot, you are only human yourself.

Agreed. One of my mother's cousins has Multiple Sclerosis. It's reached the point where she's wheelchair bound now, but for years she could walk to the motorized carts, but would never make it through the entire store. She got the most venomous looks and comments about how she wasn't disabled and was taking away the cart from someone who was.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
01-07-2017, 10:03 AM
(01-07-2017 10:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 06:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  After recouping from his cancer for a time, my hubby looked normal and walked normal - for like 5 minutes, then he faltered and had to sit. He used the carts. I hated people for looking at him funny.

Agreed. One of my mother's cousins has Multiple Sclerosis. It's reached the point where she's wheelchair bound now, but for years she could walk to the motorized carts, but would never make it through the entire store. She got the most venomous looks and comments about how she wasn't disabled and was taking away the cart from someone who was.

Exactly the same as my best friend. MS and good days and bad - and you never know when the shit will hit the fan.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-07-2017, 10:10 AM
(01-07-2017 10:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

If *I* haven't experienced it, personally, it can't possibly be real, right? Or even if somewhat real, it can't possibly be that bad, can it? Of course it can't, if it hasn't affected *me*.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

[Image: Capture1.jpg]

[Image: Capture2.jpg]

[Image: Capture3.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
09-07-2017, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 09:10 AM by Ruby Crystal.)

Try living in my damn area before you point the judging finger at me. I see a man with a cane taking a cart due to their being riding carts and using the cart as a cane as he walks.
While a person who is two times bigger than him, having walked just fine up to the door with no problem takes the cart before him just cause they are lazy.

Take a good look at these fat people, quiet easily walking from the none handicap parking to the door without any problems, but too lazy to stand and walk to get grocers that they take what should be used for those who are disabled. Just the same with the handicap parking, it's not 'just for them' so they feel the need to take it from those who do need it. And Yes there are accounts of these obese people taking the cart and ones with doctor notes saying they need one but all the ones are taken by those whoa re capable of walking.
I get the heavier you are the more strain you put on your joints. But still, it annoys me to no end.

Point the finger all you want, but until you see it what I've seen with your own eyes, then I don't want to hear it.
I'm sure there are people with good reasons to use the automatic carts and it's different in your area. But, I don't want to hear you're judge-ness as I've seen things with my own two eyes. Dodgy

I hate getting all mean, but that comment alone made me remember why I left youtube commenting and replying. You make an opinion form your point of view, and suddenly you're at the 'bad guy'. The Appalachian area, full of conservatives, who really don't care about those who have a true reason to use handicap and auto carts. And will take it away. My step dad is one, blew out his back in the army, got the okay, finally, for handicap, yet when we got the walmart, people with these huge SUV's, with no handicap paper or plate just take the parking spots the closest due to being lazy. Then i watch them walk out, with a happy go lucky stride in their step, hop into the car and leave.

I'm pretty sure disablity doesn't look like you are taking long strides down the parking lot, holding four heavy bags without limping, and lifting your legs with easy into the car and then driving.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
09-07-2017, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 12:33 PM by JesseB.)
(09-07-2017 08:58 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  

Try living in my damn area before you point the judging finger at me. I see a man with a cane taking a cart due to their being riding carts and using the cart as a cane as he walks.
While a person who is two times bigger than him, having walked just fine up to the door with no problem takes the cart before him just cause they are lazy.

Take a good look at these fat people, quiet easily walking from the none handicap parking to the door without any problems, but too lazy to stand and walk to get grocers that they take what should be used for those who are disabled. Just the same with the handicap parking, it's not 'just for them' so they feel the need to take it from those who do need it. And Yes there are accounts of these obese people taking the cart and ones with doctor notes saying they need one but all the ones are taken by those whoa re capable of walking.
I get the heavier you are the more strain you put on your joints. But still, it annoys me to no end.

Point the finger all you want, but until you see it what I've seen with your own eyes, then I don't want to hear it.
I'm sure there are people with good reasons to use the automatic carts and it's different in your area. But, I don't want to hear you're judge-ness as I've seen things with my own two eyes. Dodgy

I hate getting all mean, but that comment alone made me remember why I left youtube commenting and replying. You make an opinion form your point of view, and suddenly you're at the 'bad guy'. The Appalachian area, full of conservatives, who really don't care about those who have a true reason to use handicap and auto carts. And will take it away. My step dad is one, blew out his back in the army, got the okay, finally, for handicap, yet when we got the walmart, people with these huge SUV's, with no handicap paper or plate just take the parking spots the closest due to being lazy. Then i watch them walk out, with a happy go lucky stride in their step, hop into the car and leave.

I'm pretty sure disability doesn't look like you are taking long strides down the parking lot, holding four heavy bags without limping, and lifting your legs with easy into the car and then driving.

>.> As a fat person currently on disability (for reasons other than being fat), I quite agree that people who do this are dicks. And I've seen them too (I've seen perfectly healthy looking skinny people do this too not just fat people, and people who have a handy cap placard because their grandma is handicapped and they use it for taking her to the dr but they also use it when she's not around like all kinds of shenanigans goes on. Now you can't always tell exactly what's going on, but sometimes it's kinda obvious), it's fucking awful. I'm amazed at the level of brazen selfishness these people exhibit. I prolly could get a disabled placard, but I never asked for one. Why? cause even though I'm in severe pain all the time I can stand on my own two feet long enough to feed my fat ass (personal choice, if you think you need a placard thingy ask for one, if the Dr agree's whelp there you go. Just... fucking get the placard before using the handicap spots ya?). I've never thought to ask for one cause I can, and do walk at least enough to go shopping.

For the record, I can't work most jobs because I can't stand for more than a few min at a time without needing to sit down. I sure as hell can't go back into the oil fields. I can still work though if I can get a desk job, and like... I'm not stupid I can work with/on computers. Yet those years spent in the oil fields and not spent at school work against me here since no one will give me a desk job with my lack of education. Yeay....

Edit^ I may be unclear, I don't really notice who or who doesn't use the powered cart thingy's I just don't give a flying fuck, though I would hope they aren't being abused because they are in limited supply and people really need that shit. I mostly get pissy at people who drive giant trucks and SUV's and have no placard and park sideways blocking 4 handicap spots then SPRINT to the fucking store.... Fuck I couldn't sprint like that, that's for damn sure. And I do know perfectly healthy people who do this, and have listened to their asinine excesses. I try not to make assumptions about people I don't know unless it's painfully obvious. I also get pissy with asshats that always take up 4 parking spaces because they can't park straight so...

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
09-07-2017, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 12:21 PM by JesseB.)
(01-07-2017 10:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 10:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Agreed. One of my mother's cousins has Multiple Sclerosis. It's reached the point where she's wheelchair bound now, but for years she could walk to the motorized carts, but would never make it through the entire store. She got the most venomous looks and comments about how she wasn't disabled and was taking away the cart from someone who was.

Exactly the same as my best friend. MS and good days and bad - and you never know when the shit will hit the fan.

You are right, MS is a horrible illness and you can't really tell when someone has it. I knew a girl with MS and she looked like how I often feel. Like.... agonizing pain 24/7 yet the only way you could tell she was in pain would be if like me you know what pain looks like in a persons posture and movements. Otherwise she looked totally healthy and I know some people did shit on her in their ignorance.

Still, she had a placard, MS is something you can get a placard for ya know...

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
09-07-2017, 11:24 AM
(09-07-2017 08:58 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure disablity doesn't look like you are taking long strides down the parking lot, holding four heavy bags without limping, and lifting your legs with easy into the car and then driving.

You do not understand illness. Often you can't see it. Much of it causes you too buckle when you reach the end of your strength, or have an attack, or a sudden flare up. If you think you can look at a person walk and talk and determine whether they are well or ill, you are sadly mistaken. Shame on you making judgements based on ignorance.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post