[split] Pro Wrestling thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: [split] Pro Wrestling thread
(08-06-2017 04:44 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 04:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  It is not a sport, it is acting with physical contact. Real wrestling takes place in colleges and the Olympics.

I wish humans would put as much enthusiasm into academics as they do popular culture.
As mentioned in the OP, I'm well aware it's not a legit sport. It openly classes it's self as "Sports-Entertainment", which is a glorified way of saying it's a very physical soap opera at best. In saying that, you have to be in insane shape to be good at it, and the way in which matches are worked out is also very hard.

Amatuer/Greco-Roman wrestling is also something I've had a go at in my time, and is crazy ridiculous to get good at. An old training fried of mine was on the British Wrestling Team at one point, not sure if he ever made it to the Olympics

Thread was created for "fans" of the fake wrestling Laugh out load

Yep, but calling it fake is mean, just like telling the truth that the woman being sawed in half wasn't really sawed in half, that's mean too, even though it is true that the woman was not sawed in half. Yep, and it is mean too telling the truth that the earth was not made in 6 days.

It doesn't offend me that people like pro wrestling, but it does offend my intellect when they pretend it is a real sport. It is entertainment, scripted entertainment.

They can like it all they want, but they need to stop pretending it is a real sport. It is still scripted acting. Just like Penn And Teller never lie about what they do, they will rightfully admit what they do is an illusion, a mere trick.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 10:10 AM by adey67.)
I think Brian might be the sort of person who would tell little kids that Santa isn't real. Laugh out load
Seriously dude just chillax you're not actually telling anyone anything they don't already know everyone here knows its fake and just entertainment so you ripping on it is kinda insulting peoples intelligence which is probably why you got the reaction you did and you do tend to prance around the forum like you've got a nuclear warhead stuffed up your ass sometimes, you know you can effectively rip on something and avoid the hate by developing a sense of humour and couching your point in a humorous manner I've done that loads and it definitely works. Try and garner some humour if you can, you're way too uptight, I'd hate to see your blood pressure readings. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
27-08-2017, 10:03 AM
(27-08-2017 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  , I'd hate to see your blood pressure readings. Rolleyes

Probably has to go to a diesel engine mechanic to find a pressure gauge that reads high enough.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-08-2017, 10:22 AM
(27-08-2017 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I think Brian might be the sort of person who would tell little kids that Santa isn't real. Laugh out load
Seriously dude just chillax you're not actually telling anyone anything they don't already know everyone here knows its fake and just entertainment so you ripping on it is kinda insulting peoples intelligence which is probably why you got the reaction you did and you do tend to prance around the forum like you've got a nuclear warhead stuffed up your ass sometimes, you know you can effectively rip on something and avoid the hate by developing a sense of humour and couching your point in a humorous manner I've done that loads and it definitely works. Try and garner some humour if you can, you're way too uptight, I'd hate to see your blood pressure readings. Rolleyes

If everyone knows it is fake, then why are people in this thread flipping out over me saying it is not a real sport?

This is rich equating telling adults pro wrestling is not a sport is like telling a child Santa isn't real? So basically you are saying adults are not capable of handling the truth? I agree some can act like kids sure, but I think adults don't need to be treated like kids.

Just like it would be childish of an adult to scream if Penn and Teller admit what they do is a mere trick. Most of their fans won't scream murder if you tell them it is a trick because most their fans accept that.

Pro wrestling is scripted acting. Anyone screaming over that fact is being immature. I think any adult into that has the capability of not shitting their pants if others say it is acting or that they are not into it.

If I had a nickle for every time someone offended me over things I like I'd make 45 look like a street bumb. Thats life. I think things like livable wages and universal health care are far more important than someone throwing a fit over me not liking pro wrestling.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2017, 10:31 AM
(27-08-2017 10:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If everyone knows it is fake, then why are people in this thread flipping out over me saying it is not a real sport?

They're not. People are tired of you shitting all over the forum.

It's a place for conversations, we don't have to solve all the world's problems right now.

Chill out.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-08-2017, 10:38 AM
(27-08-2017 07:21 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 07:04 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Yet the thread is still here. What a shame.

Go away.

Struck a nerve did I?

Still not a real sport. It is acted and scripted and the winner and looser are determined just like a movie script.

Judge Judy isn't a real court either.

Same childish reaction atheists get from theists when you criticize their mythology.

Nobody said you cant like it, but bitching about me telling you the truth is shallow.

Pro wresting isn't real wrestling, Olympic wresting is real wresting. Sorry that bothers you but I am not here to coddle your insecurities.

You know, your STARTLING revelation that 'rasslin isn't real might have been important! In 1982. Then again, please, have the balls to walk up to people like Ron Simmons or Arn Anderson and say to them that every bump they took for the buisness wasn't real. Spoiler; you wouldn't do it since they're twice your size.

Give me one good reason to why I should care about your irrational hate for pro-wrestling.

Wait, hold on. Look at my signature.

I don't care. I'm having fun, and you're not. You've lost. The end.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
27-08-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 11:32 AM by adey67.)
(27-08-2017 10:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I think Brian might be the sort of person who would tell little kids that Santa isn't real. Laugh out load

If everyone knows it is fake, then why are people in this thread flipping out over me saying it is not a real sport?

This is rich equating telling adults pro wrestling is not a sport is like telling a child Santa isn't real? So basically you are saying adults are not capable of handling the truth? I agree some can act like kids sure, but I think adults don't need to be treated like kids.

Just like it would be childish of an adult to scream if Penn and Teller admit what they do is a mere trick. Most of their fans won't scream murder if you tell them it is a trick because most their fans accept that.

Pro wrestling is scripted acting. Anyone screaming over that fact is being immature. I think any adult into that has the capability of not shitting their pants if others say it is acting or that they are not into it.

If I had a nickle for every time someone offended me over things I like I'd make 45 look like a street bumb. Thats life. I think things like livable wages and universal health care are far more important than someone throwing a fit over me not liking pro wrestling.

Double post sorry
27-08-2017, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 11:38 AM by adey67.)
(27-08-2017 10:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 10:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If everyone knows it is fake, then why are people in this thread flipping out over me saying it is not a real sport?

I've already told you that mate, they're not, it's possibly/ probably because everyone knew that and to be told repeatedly even after oak tree said he got it is kinda insulting to intelligence plus it kinda smacks of being a killjoy. You can say you don't enjoy it without being a giant douche about it and needing to continuously force a point everyone already knows. Tbh your posts just sounded like you were looking down your nose at those who do like it, its not so much about you as a person Brian its about how you come off to people wether you mean it or not, your people skills are very poor and most likely the reason you have ended up being insulted on this forum so much in the first place, you just get sooo fucking overly angry and thats something you need to work on, and if not then you cannot really complain if people regard you as a cross between a demented Klingon and a Vulcan with a double hernia and a bad case of haemorrhoids. And Jebus Christ I cannot believe you took the Santa comment seriously as it was so obviously supposed to be humorous but nice try with the reverse logic/ psychology / point scoring # I can never admit to being wrong about anything....... Are you at least seeing how people are viewing your posts ?
27-08-2017, 11:58 AM

I just read the thread and no one is flipping out because you said it's not a real sport. The problem is that - once again - you're a douchebag. People are having a discussion about whatever floats their particular boat,, and you have to come along and be a douchebag about it.

Why do you care if people are talking about pro wrestling? No reasonable person thinks it is really a "sport" (although I defy anyone to say those wrestlers are not athletes). Why is it necessary for you to come and poop in the punchbowl every single time?

[Image: douchebag.jpg]

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-08-2017, 12:07 PM
(27-08-2017 05:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Pro not a sport thread. Pro soap opera acting and nothing more.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It isn't CGI when they flip off the corner post, and land without breaking their necks!

This is how it could go wrong for a trained (yes) professional.

Excl Warning: Don't try this at home or land on your head, in the ring! Excl

You pull off a move like that, without damaging yourself, or your opponent, every single night you perform, and you can call it acting all you want. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post