[split] Questions about evolution? - I&I questioning evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: Questions about evolution?
Other species don't have minds? WTF

This is no longer a discussion of evolution but I&I's attempt to discredit evolution/science/who knows what with philosophical jibberish. This is no longer interesting or even on topic with the OP. goodbye.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Questions about evolution?
I claim that the only species that is capable of doing and the only species that does classify animals into groups, studies them and has come up with a theory of the sequential events that led to what other species are today are....humans.

Do you guys disagree?

If you guys believe that other species are capable of doing this then please make your case.
12-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Let's see where this goes......

[Image: tumblr_m8p8xlwlMg1qjq3q1o1_500.gif]

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
(12-07-2013 02:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  I claim that the only species that is capable of doing and the only species that does classify animals into groups, studies them and has come up with a theory of the sequential events that led to what other species are today are....humans.

Do you guys disagree?

If you guys believe that other species are capable of doing this then please make your case.

Oh, I'd agree with that particular statement.

It also happens to have literally nothing to do with the previous claims you made.

So there's that.

... this is my signature!
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
(12-07-2013 02:05 PM)I and I Wrote:  I claim that the only species that is capable of doing and the only species that does classify animals into groups, studies them and has come up with a theory of the sequential events that led to what other species are today are....humans.

Do you guys disagree?

OK, fine, but again - so what?

Whether any conscious minds witness evolution or not, evolution happens.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 07:16 PM
(12-07-2013 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Do you guys disagree?

OK, fine, but again - so what?

We are the only species to experience evolution as a belief, theory, and all that comes with it. Animals don't "experience" evolution like humans do. The whole way of organizing different species into groups and putting a history on them has nothing to do with the practical life of other species. The theory of evolution in a useful and practical way only applies to to the species with a mind that theorizes about it.

BOOM
12-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Boom ?
More like "squeek".

Understanding the Theory of Evolution does not affect it's validity, or working, or any of the factors involved in it. It was working long before humans understood it, and it continues working, no matter who or who does not recognize it. If humans destroyed themselves, evolution would continue to operate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-07-2013, 08:26 PM
(12-07-2013 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Boom ?
More like "squeek".

Understanding the Theory of Evolution does not affect it's validity, or working, or any of the factors involved in it. It was working long before humans understood it, and it continues working, no matter who or who does not recognize it. If humans destroyed themselves, evolution would continue to operate.

But would I continue to be an asshole? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-07-2013, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2013 12:06 AM by DeepThought.)
RE: [split] Questions about evolution? - I&I questioning evolution
(12-07-2013 08:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Boom ?
More like "squeek".

But would I continue to be an asshole? Consider

Your cornholiness will last for all eternity. You frozen cornhole will continue being a cornhole as it floats through the vast emptiness of space. It will last beyond the end of the universe or untill it hits something causing a massive skidmark.

You cornhole continues being a cornhole even if no one is there to cornhole you.

Man.. IandI is really bringing the stupid these days... its almost gotten to the point where he's more entertaining than trainwreck. Quite impressive.

I still think trainwreck is smarter than IandI.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
13-07-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: [split] Questions about evolution? - I&I questioning evolution
(12-07-2013 07:16 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, fine, but again - so what?

We are the only species to experience evolution as a belief, theory, and all that comes with it. Animals don't "experience" evolution like humans do. The whole way of organizing different species into groups and putting a history on them has nothing to do with the practical life of other species. The theory of evolution in a useful and practical way only applies to to the species with a mind that theorizes about it.

BOOM

Thanks Captain Obvious, what was the reason behind once again acting as if you shared some mind shattering revelation?

I don't know of anybody else that would try to establish that other animals attach the same baggage of experience, understanding, and utilization of the theory of evolution that us humans do. The current model of evolution is not undermined through pointing out the human hand in constructing our understanding in it, it just puts it into perspective, so again, what's the point? You can bring out the same relativistic viewing lens with ANY argument or theory, scientific, philosophical, you name it, not just evolution. So again, just what exactly were you trying to prove?

[Image: giphy.gif]