[split] Questions about evolution? - I&I questioning evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: [split] Questions about evolution? - I&I questioning evolution
So essentially what you're saying here I&I is that because humans invented the term gravity and described the behaviour of gravity, there would be no gravity without us? Did our galaxy come together only because we eventually existed and were able to construct this concept? Did evolution of our species and other species on earth only occur retrospectively because we exist to describe the process?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
13-07-2013, 05:10 AM
(10-07-2013 08:45 PM)I and I Wrote:  So if evolution is all about adjusting to environment then there should be ways to prove this.

You can't say organisms adjust or adapt according to its environment and not have any specific examples of this like x environment caused x adaptation.

As far as genes go, there are armchair scientists who like to imagine that genes have a leading/commanding/deciding role in behavior. But they don't, which is why there is no geneticist has ever made such a claim.

No, evolution is NOT about adjusting to environment.

The environment does not cause adaptations. The environment is a sieve.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 05:33 AM
(11-07-2013 09:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nothing outside of mathematics is provable. Only demonstrable. And evolution is demonstrable. Jesus H. Christ!

Prove it. Wink

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-07-2013, 10:40 AM
(13-07-2013 05:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 08:45 PM)I and I Wrote:  So if evolution is all about adjusting to environment then there should be ways to prove this.

You can't say organisms adjust or adapt according to its environment and not have any specific examples of this like x environment caused x adaptation.

As far as genes go, there are armchair scientists who like to imagine that genes have a leading/commanding/deciding role in behavior. But they don't, which is why there is no geneticist has ever made such a claim.

That is the third word you have used to describe the same thing.... Lol.
13-07-2013, 11:51 AM
(13-07-2013 10:40 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 05:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, evolution is NOT about adjusting to environment.

That is the third word you have used to describe the same thing.... Lol.

It is a pedagogical technique to try to communicate an idea.
Because you don't seem to get it.

13-07-2013, 02:28 PM
(13-07-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 10:40 AM)I and I Wrote:  That is the third word you have used to describe the same thing.... Lol.

It is a pedagogical technique to try to communicate an idea.

The first 2 were shown to not fit the description so now you try again with a 3rd word. It's called grasping at straws....

BOOM
13-07-2013, 02:30 PM
(13-07-2013 05:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  

The same problem presents itself no matter what word you use.

How does one go about showing the degree of the role the environment played and how does one know all the possible ways if this environment existed a long time ago.
13-07-2013, 02:37 PM
(13-07-2013 12:52 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So essentially what you're saying here I&I is that because humans invented the term gravity and described the behaviour of gravity, there would be no gravity without us? Did our galaxy come together only because we eventually existed and were able to construct this concept? Did evolution of our species and other species on earth only occur retrospectively because we exist to describe the process?

I am saying that evolution as an explanation/theory is not experienced by any other creature but humans. To a rabbit there was no millions of years ago, time does not exist for or to animals in the way we use time to place events in the way we use time to describe evolution. Animals don't use evolution to learn, plan for the future etc etc. The usefulness of the theory of evolution is literally only for humans, in knowledge and practality.
13-07-2013, 03:47 PM
(13-07-2013 02:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 12:52 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So essentially what you're saying here I&I is that because humans invented the term gravity and described the behaviour of gravity, there would be no gravity without us? Did our galaxy come together only because we eventually existed and were able to construct this concept? Did evolution of our species and other species on earth only occur retrospectively because we exist to describe the process?

I am saying that evolution as an explanation/theory is not experienced by any other creature but humans. To a rabbit there was no millions of years ago, time does not exist for or to animals in the way we use time to place events in the way we use time to describe evolution. Animals don't use evolution to learn, plan for the future etc etc. The usefulness of the theory of evolution is literally only for humans, in knowledge and practality.

And how is this usefull knowledge?

IandI: Something is only usefull to us cos we exist and can understand it.

Groundbreaking discovery....

Are you retarded?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
13-07-2013, 04:21 PM
(13-07-2013 02:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is a pedagogical technique to try to communicate an idea.

The first 2 were shown to not fit the description so now you try again with a 3rd word. It's called grasping at straws....

BOOM

You are a complete idiot. Drinking Beverage