RE: [split] Rabbi Skobac
Define... "real job".

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
22-07-2015, 04:00 PM
(22-07-2015 11:27 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Define... "real job".
Job in free market capitalism where central banks don't suppress interest rates.
22-07-2015, 04:09 PM
(22-07-2015 04:00 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Job in free market capitalism where central banks don't suppress interest rates.
That's a great non-answer.

So, if I'm a baker and I bought my own store with my own money, that's a real job?
But if a bank gave me a loan for that store, even though I'm doing the exact same work at the exact same location, that's not a real job?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
22-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Something dimaniac has never had.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-07-2015, 04:56 PM
(22-07-2015 04:00 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  

Speaking of economics, you need to get a hold of a text book because you have no idea what you're talking about. Whatever you read to get to this opinion you clearly did not understand. You are confusing basic concepts of monetary policy and utility. And, you are not making small mistakes here. You literally have no clue how the banking system works or what the role of a central bank is in the economy. It is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about here. I'm not even sure what you're point is because you are muddling So many disparate concepts together.

How old are you? I'm guessing teens or very early 20s and living at home. No one who has ever lived on their own and paid their own way in life thinks the "natural" interest rate is any where close to what you think it is. And, no one with more than a high school education could conclude that taking a loan from a bank violates notions of capitalism.

Back to the kiddie table with you. The grown ups are talking.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
22-07-2015, 07:38 PM
(22-07-2015 04:09 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 04:00 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Job in free market capitalism where central banks don't suppress interest rates.
That's a great non-answer.

So, if I'm a baker and I bought my own store with my own money, that's a real job?
But if a bank gave me a loan for that store, even though I'm doing the exact same work at the exact same location, that's not a real job?

Of course it's not a real job, you foolish bakery-slave.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-07-2015, 08:21 PM
(22-07-2015 07:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 04:09 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  That's a great non-answer.

Of course it's not a real job, you foolish bakery-slave.

This is so incredibly inane I honestly can't tell what he is even trying to say here.

This has to be someone just punking us. This level of ignorance only exists in stories and mythology.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-07-2015, 04:40 AM
(22-07-2015 08:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 07:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Of course it's not a real job, you foolish bakery-slave.

This is so incredibly inane I honestly can't tell what he is even trying to say here.

This has to be someone just punking us. This level of ignorance only exists in stories and mythology.

"Never under any circumstances underestimate the human capacity for stupidity."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-07-2015, 12:37 PM
(25-07-2015 04:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 08:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  This is so incredibly inane I honestly can't tell what he is even trying to say here.

"Never under any circumstances underestimate the human capacity for stupidity."

I work with a guy who does R&D on the Internet of Things. He has a quote I like. "Yes we are very close to having smart cities and smart homes and smart cars but they will always be inhabited and operated by very stupid people."

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2015, 06:49 AM
(22-07-2015 04:09 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  So, if I'm a baker and I bought my own store with my own money, that's a real job?
Yes, because banks give you loan at incredibly low interest rates. Try to find creditor in market where there is no banks/bank money. If banking system would suddenly collapse almost nobody would able to find creditor because interest rates would skyrocket