[split] Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 07:08 AM
[split] Ranting corner
Fucking MIL, sees my kids a handful of days a year and then has the balls to criticize them about what their interests are

Evil_monster Evil_monster

What a cunt. Now I'm sure my snarky reply back to her will make me out to be the bitch of the family AGAIN.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
17-05-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-05-2014 07:08 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Fucking MIL, sees my kids a handful of days a year and then has the balls to criticize them about what their interests are

What a cunt. Now I'm sure my snarky reply back to her will make me out to be the bitch of the family AGAIN.

Fuck that bitch, they're your kids not hers. Tell her to shut the fuck up.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-05-2014, 10:23 PM
[split] Ranting corner
(17-05-2014 07:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 07:08 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Fucking MIL, sees my kids a handful of days a year and then has the balls to criticize them about what their interests are

Fuck that bitch, they're your kids not hers. Tell her to shut the fuck up.

They won't reply to my email because I called them out on their bullshit, now they are sending shit to my husband asking if he is the spiritual leader of the house, blah, blah, and fucking with his head because he hasn't ever learned how to tell his psychotic parents how to go fuck themselves.

I let the kids read her email, since it was about them, at the end they both said the same thing "that's mean!" They also read my response to her and said I nailed it. My youngest doesn't ever want to see them again, and with good reason.

Inlaws would be dead and I would be behind bars if I had to see them more than once a year. Have had these problems with them for the last 20 yrs.

My Mom was so nice to people, but this MIL she's a real piece of work.

18-05-2014, 10:35 PM
(18-05-2014 10:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  ----

Have had these problems with them for the last 20 yrs.

I told you...
Next time ... make reservations. Get a separate room for the kids so they can enjoy the pool and wreak their own havoc.... you get the room with the private jacuzzi. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
18-05-2014, 10:51 PM
[split] Ranting corner
(18-05-2014 10:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 10:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  ----

Have had these problems with them for the last 20 yrs.

I told you...
Next time ... make reservations. Get a separate room for the kids so they can enjoy the pool and wreak their own havoc.... you get the room with the private jacuzzi. Thumbsup

They came here, in the RV. At night they camp behind a local church because our neighborhood doesn't allow them, and yes, that was discussed as a bonus when we bought the house because of the Inlaws.

They were only here 2 days, and were gone by dark both days, and yet that was enough time to create trouble.

Personally, I'm done with them. Every visit will now be met with the kids and I taking a sudden trip to someplace fun.

Cutting down my kids, meddling in my marriage, yeah, I'm done.

What's that bible quote about breaking from your parents when you get married? I have a couple faces I need to throw it in.

[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
19-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Bows, sounds like you got a plan, but its your husband that needs to grow a pair and nip the problem in the butt.

My mother, a controling, manipulating piece of work, stepped over the line one to many times about 2 1/2 years ago and I decided we were better off not talking to her anymore. Problem solved.

I might add that this is the second time I've done this, the first time my then new wife got us together again, and I told her then that it was a mistake. My wife got along great with her mother, as did I. So she assumed that everybody likes their mother.

It doesnt work that way, sorry to say.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
19-05-2014, 08:29 AM
umm.....maybe the mods can split my drama out to a thread in personal issues section??

I think he is actually starting to see how they operate. There was a bunch of shit with his sister over the past year. Also, how they treat one of my daughters. (They play OBVIOUS favorites with my daughters). Its to the point where he can't even begin to come up with a pitiful excuse for them anymore, let alone a decent one. And now the kids see right thru them and want nothing to do with them, he has had to face the fact that they are bat shit crazy and manipulative and just destructive to our peace and happiness every time we are involved with them.

I posted this article on FB. He and his sister both agreed that it reminded them of their parents. http://voices.yahoo.com/10-signs-passive...tml?cat=25

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
19-05-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: [split] Ranting corner
(19-05-2014 08:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  umm.....maybe the mods can split my drama out to a thread in personal issues section??

I think he is actually starting to see how they operate. There was a bunch of shit with his sister over the past year. Also, how they treat one of my daughters. (They play OBVIOUS favorites with my daughters). Its to the point where he can't even begin to come up with a pitiful excuse for them anymore, let alone a decent one. And now the kids see right thru them and want nothing to do with them, he has had to face the fact that they are bat shit crazy and manipulative and just destructive to our peace and happiness every time we are involved with them.

I posted this article on FB. He and his sister both agreed that it reminded them of their parents. http://voices.yahoo.com/10-signs-passive...tml?cat=25

For me, the playing favorites would be sufficient reason to cut them off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Edit.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
19-05-2014, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2014 10:01 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(19-05-2014 09:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 08:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  umm.....maybe the mods can split my drama out to a thread in personal issues section??

For me, the playing favorites would be sufficient reason to cut them off.

And I did for quite sometime, close to 2 years before we saw them again. Then I was talked into giving a 2nd chance, excuses were made for her, and promises that she learned her lesson.

things improved, and she got redirected at screwing up my SIL's life, that we were off the hook, but now that she has made up with SIL, we are back in the middle of things.

Below is her email to me: the part about my children being "dis interested in math" was the 3rd time she brought it up. She mentioned it to me right after, FIL said the same thing to me the next day, then they drove for 2 days back to WI and she brought it up again in the email.
-------------------
It was great to see all of you, and I especially enjoyed spending time
with the girls! We were quite impressed with how smart "S" is.
Somehow we got to talking about Latin (which we both studied in high
school ages ago) and the prefix aqua-; got to words such as aquaduct, and
she piped up with a complete definition, used the word in a sentence -
just like on her homework papers. No matter where our talks went, she was
able to add informative details about the subject. She also educated us
on the carpenter bees. And those crazy sounds she makes - what a talent!
As for "E" - does she ever hold still? What a talented bundle of
gymnastics! I got tired out just being around her.
I think I commented to you about their disinterest in math, which struck
me as odd because math was such a big deal (easy) subject in our family
and for all the other grandchildren as well. But the girls know that
Dad's a math whiz - I think "E" said he could even multiply 3 billion
times 7. To which "S" replied that she could do that because it was
easy - and she did.
Wish you weren't so far away. We ran into some terrific rain storms on
the route home. Stopped to see "C". It was soo hot in Charlotte and
Murfreesboro, but by the time we got to So. Indiana we got out the winter
clothes and warm jackets. What a change.
Love, Mom
-----------------

My reply contained info on "E"--for some reason she is always the ignored one. My youngest "E" played about 4-6 songs for them when they arrived.

Connie,
The girls enjoyed your visit too. "E" loves playing the piano for guests. She plays daily, on her own, when she just walks by the piano. When she gets a song in her head, she will sit there and work at it until she can figure it out. She can read music but prefers to play by ear because music isn't just an activity for her, it's a passion, she feels the music. Often times you can tell her mood just by listening to what she plays. She has an amazing talent.

"S" is very interested in astronomy, science and space. She wanted to share more of that with you. The other day we watching a special on Michael Faraday. At the end, she commented that she wanted to learn higher levels of math because she could understand how Faradays poverty and lack of math skills had held back his work from being accepted in the scientific community. She has recently made contact with a wonderful mentor in this field, the Director of the observatory at UNCC. She is very excited to learn more. The comments made by you and Grandpa about the space program being a waste of money stung her, it was a put down to her dreams. Those projects that the space program works on, is exactly what she wants to build when she gets older.

They aren't disinterested in math, they didn't want to play the game. They were hot from sitting I the RV all day doing crafts, they wanted to burn off some energy. Both are getting A's in math at school.

Since they only see you two days a year, they want to be cooperative and do all that their grandparents want, but they also feel like they have no choice in the activity. When we were at your house last, "S" tried to object to something and you said you will take all the gifts away if she didn't do what you wanted. They remembered it. They don't want to upset you, they don't want to lose gifts, but they also feel like they aren't permitted to say "no" either. This is why they act disinterested and act like they can't do the math. It's their only choice.

The girls would like to see you more often, but you don't see them except for a handful of days a year and then criticize them, you barely know who they are and their interests.

-------------

So in the email to my husband, none of that was mentioned. It was all talk about how I get defensive, and they can't understand why and they are concerned about .....I forget the words he used.....but concern over whether or not we are seeking Gods word and whether my husband is the spiritual leader of the family, blah, blah.

This incident with the kids is one of many. Others visits have left the kids bawling their eyes out.