[split] Share your de-conversion story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 05:07 PM
[split] Share your de-conversion story
I'm not sure what "de-conversion" is, all I know is that I like the way Jesus told the snooty priests they were full of sh*t, so I can't imagine any circumstance that would make me wake up one morning and decide not to like him any more.
I mean, it'd be like suddenly deciding to stop liking Elvis and the Beatles ..Smile

[Image: Jesus-v-snoots.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: Share your de-conversion story
(25-08-2017 07:36 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Mom identified as "Irish Catholic" and the feeling I had for that whole thing was a creepy dark depressing thing that smelled like sandlewood incense which to this day gives me a violent headache..

Yeah, catholicism has got Satan's fingerprints all over it, for example he's suckered them into wasting their breath praying to Jesus's human mum and to human "saints" even though Jesus said don't do that, because their prayers are about as much use as firing blanks..Smile
29-08-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: [split] Share your de-conversion story
Stay out of that thread, it's for Atheists only who wish to share their process in de-converting.

This is your only warning for this.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-08-2017, 04:23 PM
It's like every thread he posts in gets split. Props for that at least.

#sigh
29-08-2017, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 04:46 PM by Brian37.)
There is no "de conversion". I hate that term. It is as stupid as saying you stop being the clothing you took off. It is as stupid as saying you stopped being the restaurant you didn't like the food at. You scrap a position, you don't leave your body or skin tone. Your DNA does not change because your position does. You don't get an operation to remove your position. You simply think about it and decide it was not the position you thought it was cracked up to be.

I think a better way of putting a path from the position of theism to the position of atheist is, "Something in my life caused me to question my position".

Just like if your clothing doesn't fit, or the food at the joint you eat at sucks. It may start out great, but along the line something caused you to rethink your position. There is no "de-conversion" just ditching.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2017, 05:05 PM
(27-08-2017 12:47 AM)Propwash Wrote:  Yeah, catholicism has got Satan's fingerprints all over it, for example he's suckered them into wasting their breath praying to Jesus's human mum and to human "saints" even though Jesus said don't do that, because their prayers are about as much use as firing blanks..Smile
Yeah, because praying to a probably fictional carpenter makes so much more sense.
Believing serpents and donkeys talk... now that's sensible.
Thinking one day a magical carpenter will return is top notch stuff.
Saying a bad guy named Satan is why we do bad things. Natch.
Believing there was a census where everyone had to return to an ancestral homeland when it didn't happen. Gotcha.
Believing a woman had a baby with your sky wizard's magical jizz is truth.

Yeah, yeah, but your denomination has all the answers. Yeah, fuck those Catholics. They don't know shit.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
01-09-2017, 11:31 AM
(22-08-2017 05:07 PM)Propwash Wrote:  I'm not sure what "de-conversion" is

If only you had access to the internet and could look it up.....

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-09-2017, 11:51 AM
(22-08-2017 05:07 PM)Propwash Wrote:  I'm not sure what "de-conversion" is, all I know is that I like the way Jesus told the snooty priests they were full of sh*t, so I can't imagine any circumstance that would make me wake up one morning and decide not to like him any more.
I mean, it'd be like suddenly deciding to stop liking Elvis and the Beatles ..Smile

[Image: Jesus-v-snoots.gif]

Perhaps you can imagine waking up one morning and no longer believing in sky-fairy magic even though your affection for the character of Jesus doesn't waver? I know atheists who are or were conflicted about giving up their buddy Jesus. But really, why choose? I mean I like the character of Jon Snow fine even though I have no doubt that the Game of Thrones universe too is imaginary.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
01-09-2017, 11:53 AM
(01-09-2017 11:51 AM)whateverist Wrote:  I mean I like the character of Jon Snow fine even though I have no doubt that the Game of Thrones universe too is imaginary.

[Image: bbt-Sheldon-take-it-back.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
01-09-2017, 02:54 PM
(22-08-2017 05:07 PM)Propwash Wrote:  I'm not sure what "de-conversion" is, all I know is that I like the way Jesus told the snooty priests they were full of sh*t, so I can't imagine any circumstance that would make me wake up one morning and decide not to like him any more.

Clearly you have no taste. Elvis and The Beatles gave us rock. The only rock Jesus gave us was Peter. Fuck that shit! Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post