[split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 11:26 AM
(04-06-2014 11:15 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 08:35 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  My goal in life is to hate all things lesser "inferior" to me, and through this hatred feel empowered and superior from it. In this case, these concepts of life (such as life not being perfect and full of struggles) is inferior to me. Therefore, what I said shouldn't make you feel bad--instead it should make you feel hatred towards these concepts of life in a way that makes you feel more empowered and superior.

There are two known types of attitudes in life: 1.) The attitude of accepting life's struggles and such, and 2.) Feeling negative about yourself and life's problems. But there is also a 3rd attitude that not too many people are aware of (an attitude that I created and discovered myself) which is to have hatred towards life's problems not in such a way that makes you feel less of a person and negative about yourself, but in a way that makes you feel empowered and superior. This 3rd attitude is my attitude in life (because for me, accepting life's problems is like allowing and accepting some bullshit of a person to rule my life by giving me problems. This life is like this bullshit of a person and all of life's problems are something given to me by this said person).
Word salad, false trichotomy, delusions of grandure and the idiotically childish attitude of ignoring reality when you don't like it and replacing it with whatever delusion you do like.

You have nothing of worth or substance to add to this forum.

you guys never cease to amaze me.

here the man is telling you how he finds meaning in life and how he deals with reality and you act like he has just said two and two is five.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 11:34 AM
The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
(04-06-2014 11:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:15 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Word salad, false trichotomy, delusions of grandure and the idiotically childish attitude of ignoring reality when you don't like it and replacing it with whatever delusion you do like.

here the man is telling you how he finds meaning in life and how he deals with reality and you act like he has just said two and two is five.

Probably because he's trying to tell us 2 + 2 = 5 is a fact.

[Image: hysy4ada.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
04-06-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
(04-06-2014 11:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you guys never cease to amaze me.

I know how I deal with the part of reality constituting you:

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Re: RE: The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
(04-06-2014 11:15 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Word salad, false trichotomy, delusions of grandure and the idiotically childish attitude of ignoring reality when you don't like it and replacing it with whatever delusion you do like.

No wonder you can respect a being that proclaims absolute superiority on it's supposed word.

That view is just detrimental to the value of various lifeforms.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-06-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: [split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

I decided that the onlything to respond to you is with videos of laughter.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
04-06-2014, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 02:59 PM by rampant.a.i..)

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
04-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Let me put it this way. If I had a choice to either be a human being or be a blob that can do absolutely nothing but experience unlimited perfect pleasure in life, I would choose to be a blob as I find that pleasure is the only thing that matters and nothing else in life has any value (except for helping others in need as that is something that has value regardless if you experience pleasure from it or not). Pleasure is the very reason we live and is a meaningful experience (science and logic may tell you that it's nothing more than a bunch of neuron activity in the brain, but the meaning that we as humans attribute to this experience of pleasure as being something "good" is obviously a true meaning that science cannot falsify in this case). Of course, there are other things besides pleasure that have value. But without pleasure, we are reduced to practically nothing as pleasure is the ultimate life force one can have (again, our human judgement of this emotion says so and is something science cannot falsify with its explanations).

Also, if I had another choice to either alter reality right now so that it is perfect with no problems or to keep it as it is, I would alter it. It is only common sense for people who have problems in their lives to want their lives to be perfect. Therefore, there are many others who feel like how I do and I would alter reality for my sake and theirs.

But as for the other people who would feel that having a perfect life would devalue everything and that struggles in life give them meaning, I would still have to alter reality for the sake of those other people as they are the ones with real problems in their lives. As for the "problems" that these other people now have which is that their lives have less value now that life is perfect, those aren't real problems at all--they are minor complaints that shouldn't even exist to begin with because as I stated just now, life's struggles and everything else in life has no value and pleasure is the only thing that matters. It's good and all for someone to find positive meaning through having struggles in life, but the fact of the matter is that life's struggles are pointless and you can find just as much positive meaning and much more through having a life of unlimited perfect pleasure.
04-06-2014, 12:09 PM
(04-06-2014 11:36 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you guys never cease to amaze me.

I know how I deal with the part of reality constituting you:

Kinda makes me wanna shoot myself in the head or something. What the actual FUCK was that, Cjlr?
Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Uh... yea... Mozart Link you probably want to continue posting in your original thread. This one has been split off for a whole other trollish fight which ensued.

Here's a link to your last post in the original thread.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-06-2014, 01:32 PM

One delusional idiot coming to the defence of another delusional idiot is not surprising. That Jerry here completely missed the entire point of what he quoted is also not surprising in the slightest.

Hey ML the fact that your only support is from this lying idiot should tell you a lot about the validity of your view. Seriously.