[split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: [split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
(04-06-2014 11:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:15 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Word salad, false trichotomy, delusions of grandure and the idiotically childish attitude of ignoring reality when you don't like it and replacing it with whatever delusion you do like.

You have nothing of worth or substance to add to this forum.

you guys never cease to amaze me.

here the man is telling you how he finds meaning in life and how he deals with reality and you act like he has just said two and two is five.

Nope . You are the One that continue to amaze us . How the hell someone that is supposed to be human can be so ballshit crazy ? Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
(04-06-2014 01:37 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you guys never cease to amaze me.

here the man is telling you how he finds meaning in life and how he deals with reality and you act like he has just said two and two is five.

Nope . You are the One that continue to amaze us . How the hell someone that is supposed to be human can be so ballshit crazy ? Hobo

It helps when your colon is the organ that passes through the cranium.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
(04-06-2014 12:08 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Let me put it this way. If I had a choice to either be a human being or be a blob that can do absolutely nothing but experience unlimited perfect pleasure in life, I would choose to be a blob as I find that pleasure is the only thing that matters and nothing else in life has any value (except for helping others in need as that is something that has value regardless if you experience pleasure from it or not). Pleasure is the very reason we live and is a meaningful experience (science and logic may tell you that it's nothing more than a bunch of neuron activity in the brain, but the meaning that we as humans attribute to this experience of pleasure as being something "good" is obviously a true meaning that science cannot falsify in this case). Of course, there are other things besides pleasure that have value. But without pleasure, we are reduced to practically nothing as pleasure is the ultimate life force one can have (again, our human judgement of this emotion says so and is something science cannot falsify with its explanations).

Also, if I had another choice to either alter reality right now so that it is perfect with no problems or to keep it as it is, I would alter it. It is only common sense for people who have problems in their lives to want their lives to be perfect. Therefore, there are many others who feel like how I do and I would alter reality for my sake and theirs.

But as for the other people who would feel that having a perfect life would devalue everything and that struggles in life give them meaning, I would still have to alter reality for the sake of those other people as they are the ones with real problems in their lives. As for the "problems" that these other people now have which is that their lives have less value now that life is perfect, those aren't real problems at all--they are minor complaints that shouldn't even exist to begin with because as I stated just now, life's struggles and everything else in life has no value and pleasure is the only thing that matters. It's good and all for someone to find positive meaning through having struggles in life, but the fact of the matter is that life's struggles are pointless and you can find just as much positive meaning and much more through having a life of unlimited perfect pleasure.

Didn't I just see this same post in another thread? Consider

Why, yes I did.

[Image: 2191762430_338f1a9cd8.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
(04-06-2014 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:08 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Let me put it this way. If I had a choice to either be a human being or be a blob that can do absolutely nothing but experience unlimited perfect pleasure in life, I would choose to be a blob as I find that pleasure is the only thing that matters and nothing else in life has any value (except for helping others in need as that is something that has value regardless if you experience pleasure from it or not). Pleasure is the very reason we live and is a meaningful experience (science and logic may tell you that it's nothing more than a bunch of neuron activity in the brain, but the meaning that we as humans attribute to this experience of pleasure as being something "good" is obviously a true meaning that science cannot falsify in this case). Of course, there are other things besides pleasure that have value. But without pleasure, we are reduced to practically nothing as pleasure is the ultimate life force one can have (again, our human judgement of this emotion says so and is something science cannot falsify with its explanations).

Also, if I had another choice to either alter reality right now so that it is perfect with no problems or to keep it as it is, I would alter it. It is only common sense for people who have problems in their lives to want their lives to be perfect. Therefore, there are many others who feel like how I do and I would alter reality for my sake and theirs.

But as for the other people who would feel that having a perfect life would devalue everything and that struggles in life give them meaning, I would still have to alter reality for the sake of those other people as they are the ones with real problems in their lives. As for the "problems" that these other people now have which is that their lives have less value now that life is perfect, those aren't real problems at all--they are minor complaints that shouldn't even exist to begin with because as I stated just now, life's struggles and everything else in life has no value and pleasure is the only thing that matters. It's good and all for someone to find positive meaning through having struggles in life, but the fact of the matter is that life's struggles are pointless and you can find just as much positive meaning and much more through having a life of unlimited perfect pleasure.

Didn't I just see this same post in another thread? Consider

Why, yes I did.

[Image: 2191762430_338f1a9cd8.jpg]

To be fair he posted here first not realising it was a split.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
(04-06-2014 12:09 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:36 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I know how I deal with the part of reality constituting you:

Kinda makes me wanna shoot myself in the head or something. What the actual FUCK was that, Cjlr?
Hobo

trololol

For ten hours.

S'how I used to respond to I and I, back in the day. The trololol threshold is the point at which any conversation with a given person becomes unproductive, repetitive, and, fundamentally, no longer worth it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post