[split] The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: [split] The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(10-11-2015 01:21 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 01:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can't imagine how it is to be small.

Just look in your pants.

Ouch, burn.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-11-2015, 01:33 PM
(10-11-2015 01:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 12:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And as I've said before, I am very small for a male. I couldn't stand toe to toe with even an average sized man. But simply having a gun on me has made multiple men who were larger than me decide not to mess with me or my car.

I can't imagine how it is to be small.

It has its benefits and its detriments. For one, small people generally live longer. But it does suck knowing that the majority of humans could overpower me rather easily.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-11-2015, 01:40 PM
(10-11-2015 01:33 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 01:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can't imagine how it is to be small.

It has its benefits and its detriments. For one, small people generally live longer. But it does suck knowing that the majority of humans could overpower me rather easily.

good thing you have a gun then.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
10-11-2015, 02:00 PM
(10-11-2015 09:44 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Aikido in the real world sucks ass. It was designed to suck as a matter of fact.

Put an Aikido person with someone that does MMA and the the Aikido person will get beat to a pulp.
I don't know anything about Aikido. My little girl does tai kwon do, and I'm not too impressed by it. Mostly kicking, but in the real world kicks aren't that useful, fighters get in close and it becomes a brawl and a wrestle.

At least with Karate they learn to punch as well. But even then, they get used to pulling their punches.

With Kick boxing or thai boxing its more full on, but because it's so rough it's off putting for many women.

BJJ is great because a small (skilled) opponent can easily control and disable a bigger, stronger opponent. But my wife doesn't like the idea of it because she doesn't want my girl wrestling and holding the boys.

But the thing is, girls want to learn to be safe, not necessarily to learn to compete for competition. There are "self defense" courses which don't focus on a specific brand of martial arts but instead just teach the things necessary to break a grip, to incapacitate in some way (e.g. kick in the groin, fingers in the eye) and then to run.

Of course the best form of defense is to be weary, don't get yourself into situations where you need to fight or pull a gun.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
10-11-2015, 02:28 PM
[split] The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
The best martial arts are ones that are well rounded. You need to know punches, kicks, throws, grappling, joint manipulation, etc.

Strikes are great when you have the opportunity but when you are on the ground you are limited. Grappling is great when it's one on one but is terrible when you have multiple opponents.

Most modern martial arts aren't complete in their teachings. If you can find someone that teaches old school jujitsu then go for it. The only well rounded modern martial art that I am aware of is Krav Maga.
10-11-2015, 02:37 PM
(10-11-2015 02:00 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:44 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Aikido in the real world sucks ass. It was designed to suck as a matter of fact.

Put an Aikido person with someone that does MMA and the the Aikido person will get beat to a pulp.
I don't know anything about Aikido. My little girl does tai kwon do, and I'm not too impressed by it. Mostly kicking, but in the real world kicks aren't that useful, fighters get in close and it becomes a brawl and a wrestle.

At least with Karate they learn to punch as well. But even then, they get used to pulling their punches.

With Kick boxing or thai boxing its more full on, but because it's so rough it's off putting for many women.

BJJ is great because a small (skilled) opponent can easily control and disable a bigger, stronger opponent. But my wife doesn't like the idea of it because she doesn't want my girl wrestling and holding the boys.

But the thing is, girls want to learn to be safe, not necessarily to learn to compete for competition. There are "self defense" courses which don't focus on a specific brand of martial arts but instead just teach the things necessary to break a grip, to incapacitate in some way (e.g. kick in the groin, fingers in the eye) and then to run.

Of course the best form of defense is to be weary, don't get yourself into situations where you need to fight or pull a gun.

I'm guessing you meant wary, but yeah. The best bet is to never get into a situation that may require violence, and I hope to live the rest of my life not ever getting into another situation like that. Unfortunately, the reality of life is that sometimes trouble finds you.

The incident where my car got surrounded was one street away from my house, I was on my way home from the store. I don't live in a bad area, but there are still people that would and could harm me given the chance.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-11-2015, 02:43 PM
So...

Geissele SD-3G or SD-E for a new trigger in an LR-308?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Disengagement and getting away if you have an obvious opportunity to do so isn't just the most likely to result in your survival, it's the most likely to keep you out of jail. If someone is a threat to you and getting away isn't an option, I firmly believe you should fight them with all the savagery and ruthlessness you can muster. But the second you have a clear opportunity to get away without placing other potential victims in danger, but choose not to, now you get to try and explain to a jury how unnecessarily continuing the fight qualifies as self defense.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
10-11-2015, 02:58 PM
(10-11-2015 02:43 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  So...

Geissele SD-3G or SD-E for a new trigger in an LR-308?

The 3G has a much lighter trigger pull; other than that, they seem to almost the same. Consider

I don't dislike the triggers on my AR or LR enough to spend $250+.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2015, 03:01 PM
(10-11-2015 02:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Disengagement and getting away if you have an obvious opportunity to do so isn't just the most likely to result in your survival, it's the most likely to keep you out of jail. If someone is a threat to you and getting away isn't an option, I firmly believe you should fight them with all the savagery and ruthlessness you can muster. But the second you have a clear opportunity to get away without placing other potential victims in danger, but choose not to, now you get to try and explain to a jury how unnecessarily continuing the fight qualifies as self defense.

The opportunity to get away would have to have been dead obvious to warrant prosecution, methinks.
The best defense is that, in the moment, the threat was still perceived and/or the chance to escape passed quickly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post