[split] The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: [split] The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(11-11-2015 07:57 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  They may have been drunk or simply just assholes, I wasn't about to stick around to get to know their story.
Yeah, probably just Yobs annoyed that you honked and looking to intimidate you in return.
But then again who knows.

Since I don't carry a gun (I live in a country where people don't), I experience the other path, some kind of potential altercation that may be scary at the time, but turns out to be nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 02:29 PM
(11-11-2015 07:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Yeah, I had family friend who was shot in the head for the $200 in his wallet. He was in a very nice part of town when it happened. Bad shit can happen anywhere.
In many countries hand guns are hard to come by (both legally and illegally). So in those countries it is much less likely for you to be the victim of a gun related crime.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-11-2015, 02:34 PM
(11-11-2015 07:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 10:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Wow, I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. Hug

I think it's easy to be lulled into the idea that nothing bad is going to happen to you simply because you live in a nice area. But criminals can and do come to nicer areas too. I try not to let my guard down no matter where I am. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

Yeah, I had family friend who was shot in the head for the $200 in his wallet. He was in a very nice part of town when it happened. Bad shit can happen anywhere.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hug
11-11-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(09-11-2015 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  When I went to a gun club (once as a school outing) we shot at targets that looked like circles. I find it interesting that you guys shoot at targets that look like people.

There are different kinds of targets for different purposes.

Bull's eye targets (circles) are for practicing accuracy, competition, sighting in, etc.

Outline targets of animals are for practicing hunting accuracy.

Outline targets of humans are for practicing defensive shooting.
Or most importantly

[Image: da80e7c1f6d7c66207067c14bf085e1b.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jason_delisle's post
11-11-2015, 10:28 PM
(11-11-2015 06:38 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are different kinds of targets for different purposes.

Bull's eye targets (circles) are for practicing accuracy, competition, sighting in, etc.

Outline targets of animals are for practicing hunting accuracy.

Outline targets of humans are for practicing defensive shooting.
Or most importantly

[Image: da80e7c1f6d7c66207067c14bf085e1b.jpg]

Or these ...

[Image: 2978_ZombieTarget.jpg][Image: Zombie_Attack_Generic.jpg][Image: Rex_24_X_36_PDF_New_grande.jpg?v=1325615034]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-11-2015, 10:33 PM
[Image: lu1Bsb2.png]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
17-11-2015, 03:24 PM
I ordered a new pistol today. It's a Sig P320 Carry in 45 ACP. I was handling the 9mm version in the store over the weekend, and it's the first striker type pistol that I've ever held that I didn't hate the trigger pull. The ordered has the night sights and will hold 10 plus 1 rounds of 230 grain gold Dots. If it shoots as well as it feels it may end up being my new carry gun. I've already got a Milt Sparks VM II holster for the P250 compact that it will fit in so no extra money there.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
17-11-2015, 05:30 PM
(17-11-2015 03:24 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I ordered a new pistol today. It's a Sig P320 Carry in 45 ACP. I was handling the 9mm version in the store over the weekend, and it's the first striker type pistol that I've ever held that I didn't hate the trigger pull. The ordered has the night sights and will hold 10 plus 1 rounds of 230 grain gold Dots. If it shoots as well as it feels it may end up being my new carry gun. I've already got a Milt Sparks VM II holster for the P250 compact that it will fit in so no extra money there.

Pappy, this the split thread. You might want to post that in the original thread. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user