[split] Thoughts on the subject of transgender by Caveman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: [split] Thoughts on the subject of transgender by Caveman
and thank you for bringing good questions to an otherwise boring and circle-jerking forum Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 04:39 PM
(23-07-2013 04:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  and thank you for bringing good questions to an otherwise boring and circle-jerking forum Tongue

Lol Nach I thought you guys where big on circle-jerking? Blink

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2013, 04:41 PM
(23-07-2013 04:32 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:25 PM)nach_in Wrote:  YAY!! progress!! Tongue

Thanks to you and everyone else for talking. You may have made me a better man.

... or woman. Your choice. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Ahhh!!! Circle-jerking! How wrong is that! And should we form a committee to explore the idea! And are there good videos out there I should watch? And. . . should I shut up now?
23-07-2013, 04:52 PM
(23-07-2013 04:23 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 11:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ok, Ameron, you don't seem to believe that someone transgender can totally pass as a female. The photo's I posted were all trangender male to female.

Here is some background on each person.

Kim Petras......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Petras

an interview with Kim Petras.....

This is the beauty queen, Jenna Talackova, from Canada talking to Barbara Walters about being a boy and the transition to becoming a girl.......

This is the girl in the photo with the graduation robe on. She is transgender and dating a transgender boy.

All of these girls started taking hormones early and I'll bet if no one told you anything about their background you would just think they were ordinary girls. They seem pretty damn happy too.

Like I said, taking the hormones early makes all the difference. Early 20's is optimal.

You are right. They do look like girls. And they seem very happy. So, how am I going to refute this? I'm not! Because I may damn well be wrong! Thanks for the posts!

Ameron, before my, then son, told me he was transgender I felt exactly the way you do. Exactly! I felt that transgender people were from another planet, they were all mentally ill and lived miserable lives. It took a whole lot of convincing to see that not every transgender person was a freak. That many, especially these days, live quite a normal life. I had to learn what the difference was between a drag queen and someone transgender, there is a difference by the way. I had to learn so many new things about stuff that I never thought I'd ever in my wildest dreams have to confront. Sometimes I collapsed in bed sobbing. It was very difficult.

The thing that helped me the most was learning about the genetic component. Before that my husband and I blamed ourselves for being horrible parents, that we were the cause of it. Our friends told us we were fantastic parents but even so it took some time to not blame ourselves.

What made all the difference and the thing that helped most is seeing our new daughter being so happy, actually glowing. Smiling from ear to ear which before was missing from her face.

Thank you for your interest and I wish you the best.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
23-07-2013, 05:13 PM
(23-07-2013 04:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:23 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  You are right. They do look like girls. And they seem very happy. So, how am I going to refute this? I'm not! Because I may damn well be wrong! Thanks for the posts!

Ameron, before my, then son, told me he was transgender I felt exactly the way you do. Exactly! I felt that transgender people were from another planet, they were all mentally ill and lived miserable lives. It took a whole lot of convincing to see that not every transgender person was a freak. That many, especially these days, live quite a normal life. I had to learn what the difference was between a drag queen and someone transgender, there is a difference by the way. I had to learn so many new things about stuff that I never thought I'd ever in my wildest dreams have to confront. Sometimes I collapsed in bed sobbing. It was very difficult.

The thing that helped me the most was learning about the genetic component. Before that my husband and I blamed ourselves for being horrible parents, that we were the cause of it. Our friends told us we were fantastic parents but even so it took some time to not blame ourselves.

What made all the difference and the thing that helped most is seeing our new daughter being so happy, actually glowing. Smiling from ear to ear which before was missing from her face.

Thank you for your interest and I wish you the best.

Best to you and yours as well. And I am moved to hear that this has worked out well for you! Love to you and your daughter. I know that I have mentioned my mentally ill brother. I don't think any of us blamed ourselves for his (therefore our) problems. But the question of why was there.

I just realized that I am comparing transexualism with mental illness again. That was not my intention. Just saying that I have some experience with . . . what? Difficult family issues?

I hope that your daughter continues to smile! Smiles are what we live for.
23-07-2013, 05:15 PM
(23-07-2013 04:39 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  and thank you for bringing good questions to an otherwise boring and circle-jerking forum Tongue

Lol Nach I thought you guys where big on circle-jerking? Blink

Do you really wanna know?

(23-07-2013 04:44 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Ahhh!!! Circle-jerking! How wrong is that! And should we form a committee to explore the idea! And are there good videos out there I should watch? And. . . should I shut up now?

You should read something before you watch videos... just to be sure you'll keep your eyes Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
23-07-2013, 05:46 PM
(23-07-2013 05:15 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Do you really wanna know?

I grew up in the days of TGP internet pron. Nothing phases me any more.

[Image: ectoplasmarsh.jpg]

23-07-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodthxK1z...M41Ic-hEYO