[split] Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 12:35 PM by jennybee.)
RE: [split] Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(22-03-2017 12:24 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've determined that you're an idiot.

Yeah. I was born that way also. I didnt change my mind half way through my life. Proud of it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, here's to shooting for the stars Wink I really don't understand why you can't be respectful of others. You can voice your opinions without using derogatory terms. Even self-proclaimed idiots can control themselves on occasion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Ok here's this. The topic is trans rights and sports. They don't mix. It's not an even playing field. There is a reason for men and woman's hockey. You'd be the first person to complain in the all girls track meet and a man beat your daughter in a race. You'd be the first person to raise bloody hell. I bet. You cannot go simply on size of muscles or strength. Usain bolt. Makes Andre degrass look like a peanut. Almost just as fast. It's fine to say that the muscles decrease when taking hormones. It's just not right to intermix the two. It just waters down the accomplishment. Who actually won the race. The transgender female, the female or the female in steroids. I guess they all win. The important thing is they were all included. Nobody left out.

Oh yeah. Come to Canada. It doesn't matter who you are. Well take you. NOT.

22-03-2017, 12:48 PM
(22-03-2017 12:35 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Ok here's this. The topic is trans rights and sports. They don't mix. It's not an even playing field. There is a reason for men and woman's hockey. You'd be the first person to complain in the all girls track meet and a man beat your daughter in a race. You'd be the first person to raise bloody hell. I bet. You cannot go simply on size of muscles or strength. Usain bolt. Makes Andre degrass look like a peanut. Almost just as fast. It's fine to say that the muscles decrease when taking hormones. It's just not right to intermix the two. It just waters down the accomplishment. Who actually won the race. The transgender female, the female or the female in steroids. I guess they all win. The important thing is they were all included. Nobody left out.

Oh yeah. Come to Canada. It doesn't matter who you are. Well take you. NOT.

Your rambling aside, provide some evidence for your claim. Not just this single case where the trans woman won. Provide some real solid hard numbers that show trans people are not able to compete evenly on the playing field because why will have an advantage. Until you can do so you have nothing to support you aside from your own prejudice.
22-03-2017, 12:51 PM
First Gilgamush and now GooseStepper. Canada is apparently exporting assholes. We should slap an import tax on them. I can only hope they're one and the same for Canada's sake.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-03-2017, 12:59 PM
I think muscle to weight is probably a good metric. There are men I've boxed with who I want to apologize to. There are a lot of women who I've boxed where I am deeply deeply sorry. There are some men I've fought where I felt it was fair. There are some men I wouldn't go anywhere near. Now granted, this is boxing and the metric would be different in other sports.
22-03-2017, 12:59 PM
The proof is in the pudding my dear. The fastest man is way faster than the fastest woman. If the fastest man decided that he wanted to be a woman. Then he would be the fastest woman. Sorry. She would be the fastest woman. Please define what is a man and what is a woman for me. I obviously don't understand. Neither do most of the population. That's why we have this problem. It really has not been defined. Can Usain bolt decide next year he is a woman and compete against woman. I can hear the comment now.

22-03-2017, 01:12 PM
(22-03-2017 12:59 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  The proof is in the pudding my dear. The fastest man is way faster than the fastest woman. If the fastest man decided that he wanted to be a woman. Then he would be the fastest woman. Sorry. She would be the fastest woman. Please define what is a man and what is a woman for me. I obviously don't understand. Neither do most of the population. That's why we have this problem. It really has not been defined. Can Usain bolt decide next year he is a woman and compete against woman. I can hear the comment now.

First, good for you for stopping use of derogatory terms. Thumbsup

I definitely think it's an issue that needs to be examined to make it fair for all who are in sports (including the transgender folks). But I think what you're missing is, someone who is transgender is taking hormones and actively transitioning to be a woman. When you introduce hormones into the body, it changes your internal make up and as such, start to develop "female" characteristics (like slower pace if you are a runner, less muscle mass, fat redistribution, smaller feet, etc.) So a transgender female no longer has the same physical advantages or capabilities as a "man." So competing as a man would not be fair to the transgender female.

As I say, I do think it's an issue that needs to be examined further to make sure it is fair for all and that whoever wins whatever sporting event can feel confident that they truly won based on their own merits and hard work in a fair competition for all.
22-03-2017, 01:15 PM
(22-03-2017 12:59 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  The proof is in the pudding my dear. The fastest man is way faster than the fastest woman. If the fastest man decided that he wanted to be a woman. Then he would be the fastest woman. Sorry. She would be the fastest woman. Please define what is a man and what is a woman for me. I obviously don't understand. Neither do most of the population. That's why we have this problem. It really has not been defined. Can Usain bolt decide next year he is a woman and compete against woman. I can hear the comment now.

Yet as was pointed out earlier, and I forgot about, once a man begins to transition to female, she does begin to lose some of the body mass and strength. That would certainly slow them down (as in a runner as Emma pointed out) and possibly impede enough that they wouldn't qualify for said sport in their former gender.

Just like a female that transitions to male would increase body mass.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 01:19 PM

With anti testosterone drugs being given to transgender women and estrogen and progesterone replacing the testosterone in their bodies, they lose muscle mass. I saw my daughter go through this. There is no way she could compete with a male now.

Renee Richards was a transgender tennis player back in the 1970's. She petitioned to play against other women which was eventually granted. She lost to many other women and was ranked 20th in the US . She wasn't a shoe-in by any means.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-03-2017, 01:25 PM
(22-03-2017 01:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

First, good for you for stopping use of derogatory terms. Thumbsup

I definitely think it's an issue that needs to be examined to make it fair for all who are in sports (including the transgender folks). But I think what you're missing is, someone who is transgender is taking hormones and actively transitioning to be a woman. When you introduce hormones into the body, it changes your internal make up and as such, start to develop "female" characteristics (like slower pace if you are a runner, less muscle mass, fat redistribution, smaller feet, etc.) So a transgender female no longer has the same physical advantages or capabilities as a "man." So competing as a man would not be fair to the transgender female.

As I say, I do think it's an issue that needs to be examined further to make sure it is fair for all and that whoever wins whatever sporting event can feel confident that they truly won based on their own merits and hard work in a fair competition for all.

Agreed, however how does one decide how much the drugs have taken effect?. How long do they need to be in the system? If there are particular requirement to be met. If the scales get turned and a transgender wins. There will always be that uncertainty. I know some states have for the requirements of sports. What constitutes a man and woman.