[split] Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: [split] Tran's rights and sports and shit and my 4 cents.
(22-03-2017 01:25 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  First, good for you for stopping use of derogatory terms. Thumbsup

I definitely think it's an issue that needs to be examined to make it fair for all who are in sports (including the transgender folks). But I think what you're missing is, someone who is transgender is taking hormones and actively transitioning to be a woman. When you introduce hormones into the body, it changes your internal make up and as such, start to develop "female" characteristics (like slower pace if you are a runner, less muscle mass, fat redistribution, smaller feet, etc.) So a transgender female no longer has the same physical advantages or capabilities as a "man." So competing as a man would not be fair to the transgender female.

As I say, I do think it's an issue that needs to be examined further to make sure it is fair for all and that whoever wins whatever sporting event can feel confident that they truly won based on their own merits and hard work in a fair competition for all.

Agreed, however how does one decide how much the drugs have taken effect?. How long do they need to be in the system? If there are particular requirement to be met. If the scales get turned and a transgender wins. There will always be that uncertainty. I know some states have for the requirements of sports. What constitutes a man and woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is a fair point, and one that needs to be looked into further to come up with guidelines that are fair for all. I don't know too much about how long hormones take to go into effect or how long it takes for changes in the body to be noticeable. Luckily, we have Emma and dancefortwo to fill us in on these things Wink But certainly, the medical profession and science can come up with fair guidelines for all involved. If guidelines are in place, then there should be no question as to who won. There are guidelines in every sport for all kinds of things. This is just one more guideline. Sporting events need to catch up to the times.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(22-03-2017 01:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:25 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  Agreed, however how does one decide how much the drugs have taken effect?. How long do they need to be in the system? If there are particular requirement to be met. If the scales get turned and a transgender wins. There will always be that uncertainty. I know some states have for the requirements of sports. What constitutes a man and woman.

I think it is a fair point, and one that needs to be looked into further to come up with guidelines that are fair for all. I don't know too much about how long hormones take to go into effect or how long it takes for changes in the body to be noticeable. Luckily, we have Emma and dancefortwo to fill us in on these things Wink But certainly, the medical profession and science can come up with fair guidelines for all involved. If guidelines are in place, then there should be no question as to who won. There are guidelines in every sport for all kinds of things. This is just one more guideline. Sporting events need to catch up to the times.

I think the bathroom issue should be attended to first. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

22-03-2017, 01:35 PM
I don't see a reason for sex segregated bathrooms. It's inefficient and unnecessary.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
22-03-2017, 01:36 PM
(22-03-2017 12:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah this "person" has some bad issues.

What magnification would one need to sniper a pimple, off a goose cock? Consider

22-03-2017, 01:39 PM
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think it is a fair point, and one that needs to be looked into further to come up with guidelines that are fair for all. I don't know too much about how long hormones take to go into effect or how long it takes for changes in the body to be noticeable. Luckily, we have Emma and dancefortwo to fill us in on these things Wink But certainly, the medical profession and science can come up with fair guidelines for all involved. If guidelines are in place, then there should be no question as to who won. There are guidelines in every sport for all kinds of things. This is just one more guideline. Sporting events need to catch up to the times.

I think the bathroom issue should be attended to first. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Yes, well people can pee where they want. I'm a woman and I've used men's restrooms at a club or sporting event because the line to the women's room was too fucking long Wink I don't care who comes into the women's restroom. It's a toilet, if you are going in there to to do your business, have at it.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Also, I would feel much safer (for them) with my transgender female friends coming into the women's restroom. It would be no different than forcing any other woman to go into the men's room.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-03-2017, 01:47 PM
(22-03-2017 01:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I think the bathroom issue should be attended to first. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Yes, well people can pee where they want. I'm a woman and I've used men's restrooms at a club or sporting event because the line to the women's room was too fucking long Wink I don't care who comes into the women's restroom. It's a toilet, if you are going in there to to do your business, have at it.

Yeah I've seen that as well. Men usually don't give a shit. It's not the same when a man goes into a ladies restroom. Shit hits the fan.
What stops the pedophile that uses being transgender as an excuse to get into bathrooms. The constitution protects you from being stopped and frisked without just cause. It's just a huge can of worms that nobody seems to know the solutions. Or has different views.

22-03-2017, 01:49 PM
(22-03-2017 01:47 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, well people can pee where they want. I'm a woman and I've used men's restrooms at a club or sporting event because the line to the women's room was too fucking long Wink I don't care who comes into the women's restroom. It's a toilet, if you are going in there to to do your business, have at it.

Yeah I've seen that as well. Men usually don't give a shit. It's not the same when a man goes into a ladies restroom. Shit hits the fan.
What stops the pedophile that uses being transgender as an excuse to get into bathrooms. The constitution protects you from being stopped and frisked without just cause. It's just a huge can of worms that nobody seems to know the solutions. Or has different views.

Someone who is a pedophile is going to go in there no matter what. There are cases of that happening every day unfortunately.
22-03-2017, 01:49 PM
separate bathrooms are a stupid, antiquated idea. Build a bathroom with a bunch of stalls. Put up a partition on one side with a bunch of urinals, and a sign pointing to the urinals. Row of sinks. Done. No more bullshit, and I'd say it would be more secure for everyone.
A ne'er-do-well is not going to worry about a sign on a door and they would lurk in a women's restroom if that was their goal. Put everybody in the same facility and my belief is, decency will rule.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-03-2017, 01:52 PM
(22-03-2017 01:49 PM)skyking Wrote:  separate bathrooms are a stupid, antiquated idea. Build a bathroom with a bunch of stalls. Put up a partition on one side with a bunch of urinals, and a sign pointing to the urinals. Row of sinks. Done. No more bullshit, and I'd say it would be more secure for everyone.
A ne'er-do-well is not going to worry about a sign on a door and they would lurk in a women's restroom if that was their goal. Put everybody in the same facility and my belief is, decency will rule.

My thoughts as well. I don't know why they are separate rooms. Silly to me. All your business is done behind closed doors anyway. Unless you're embarrassed to hear the other sex hear you shit.