[split] Unique Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: [split] Unique Experience
(25-08-2014 02:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 02:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I would highly advise that you not try and start a debate over any of this.

Why not? Let him perform forum seppuku...

[Image: seppuku--large-msg-116129543958.jpg]

We'll be rid of him just that much faster...

Because it's my duty as a mod to warn him when his intended action will break forum rules.

If he's thick enough to still go through with it at this point, that's his problem.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-08-2014, 02:46 PM
(25-08-2014 02:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 02:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Why not? Let him perform forum seppuku...

[Image: seppuku--large-msg-116129543958.jpg]

We'll be rid of him just that much faster...

Because it's my duty as a mod to warn him when his intended action will break forum rules.

If he's thick enough to still go through with it at this point, that's his problem.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2014, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 03:22 PM by Dark Phoenix.)
(20-08-2014 06:59 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Laughat You are so funny and d...p
I didn't claim anything

You the one that claimed that you can disprove the whole of religion because of your ignorance about a matter, I'm sorry I'll not waist my time with such id...s

You are guilty of a common theist argument known as shifting the burden of proof. Although you appear to understand that claims require evidence, you fail to understand or to realize who is making the claims and what they are. You seem to think that Atheism is a doctrine which makes claims for itself which require evidence. This is fundamentally incorrect given that Atheism is merely a word for denoting a lack of belief in god or religion. It holds no implication regarding what doctrines, if any, that individual may believe. You, the Muslim, are the one making a claim on behalf of Islam, that it's revelation is divine and its doctrines are true.

You believe these things and I, along with many others, do not believe you or the doctrines as laid down in the Koran and Hadith. How can we resolve this dispute? We kindly ask that you present to us the evidence or arguments on behalf of Islam that convinced you of their truthfulness. So far, we have been disappointed by your unwillingness to do this. You seem to prefer shifting this burden on to us unjustly, leaving us impotent to satisfy your demand for what we do not possess.

Many of us here are foreign to the original language of the Koran, but have done our best to study its doctrines in our own language. We are not ignorant of Islam nor of its influence around the world. Although you may feel frustrated when you perceive our objections to Islam as ignorance, we invite you to test and educate us with whatever information you believe we lack. If you truly believe we are ignorant, I recommend that you accept.

(20-08-2014 06:59 AM)Muslim Wrote:  What kind of logic is that?
Who said it is a horse! and who said that you can see it

Can you prove the non-existence of green aliens on planet zorba?
You must be kidding?
I suggest you study a bit about logic, non existence of something cannot be proven at all

It does not matter to us what kind of mythological animal you think it is. What concerns us is that you believe in something as an adult that belongs only in the mind of a very young child as a fantasy. It is so obviously ridiculous as to invite us to question your maturity and sanity. Do you truly and seriously wish to argue for the existence of invisible flying horses?

You are correct when you state that proving something to be fictional is not always possible, but you ere when you conclude that this allows any fabrication to be safely assumed and considered as fact. Since your claim is un-falsifiable it is to that extent a weak one, especially given that it can be used to clumsily "prove" the truth of whatever you wish to fill the blank with. I could counter pose any god, myth, or religion in the place of Islam and using this logic, I would prove its truth.

By all means continue to feel free in criticizing our knowledge of logic and our understanding of reason, but take care to apply similar constraints upon yourself. We will do the same and be free of hypocrisy and arrogance. This is how a spirit of discussion is forged, not by empty insults.

(20-08-2014 06:59 AM)Muslim Wrote:  But why need that? you don't need to refute anything
I'm the one who need to prove it
The burden of proof is the claimer responsibility

So instead of saying that you can prove the non-existence, just ask me to prove it or ignore it

Your problem is that you are trying to use false logic to support Atheism

I am glad to see that you understand where the burden of proof lies after all. It would be less confusing if you were more consistent on this matter in the future. As you say, you hold the responsibility to support the claims of Islam to us, if that is what you wish to do. We will gladly wait to hear it, or until you decide not to offer it after all.

(20-08-2014 06:59 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Yes, all that can be proved but step by step

By all means, proceed. What is the first step?

(20-08-2014 06:59 AM)Muslim Wrote:  I recommend that you don't read my posts or bother to answer any

but don't think that you can Consider, you know that God exists but your arrogance preventing you to admit it

You can enjoy your life for a short time, then ............ Hell is awaiting for people like you

There they will ask you, why didn't you accept the proof that God Exists Weeping

Rather than warning us not to read your posts, why wouldn't you take responsibility for yourself and cease posting them? If you do not wish to discuss with us, than don't. Either way, do get on with it.

As an authority on myself, and appealing to my friends on their own behalf for the same reason, I disagree. I have no knowledge of the existence of any god, let alone specifically yours. True arrogance would be for me to then claim I do have such knowledge. One point of biblical doctrine that has always stayed with me is the notion that the devil sometimes fights justice and righteousness by twisting what is good around and calling it good, like the upside down cross becoming the symbol for Satanism for example. It turns out not to be the devil doing this after all though, but you and those like you. You are arrogant in your claims but endeavor to label others with your own moral failings.

I am not surprised or pleased to see that in the end, as is always the case, the last resort of Islam is violence and coercion. I can see in my mind's eye the expression of pious contempt on your face. "So, you reject our offer of paradise? Very well. In that case we have a different sort of offer for you." To Hell with that and you. Fortunately it is just as invisible and likely as the flying horses we discussed earlier. If you truly possessed the evidence or proofs which you claim to, you would not be driven to threats and insults by your own impotence. That sort of indoctrination and fear programming may work well on abused children tainted by Islam from birth, but not on freethinking Western adults in the twenty-first century. We are not only not impressed, we are disappointed.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
25-08-2014, 03:39 PM
(25-08-2014 06:08 AM)Muslim Wrote:  you know that God exists but your arrogance preventing you to admit it

Bah, that ain't arrogance. I know that God exists and it is I. That is The Word and your fear is preventing you from admitting it.

[Image: pogo2.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2014, 03:48 PM
(25-08-2014 06:08 AM)Muslim Wrote:  you know that God exists but your arrogance preventing you to admit it

You know that your beliefs are inherently centered around entangling your ego with an outwardly projected entity, but you're too arrogant to admit to it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-08-2014, 04:46 PM
I confess, it was the boobs that done it. I admit tit...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
26-08-2014, 02:49 PM
So when are you coming out with your so-called proof that your god exists Muslim?

If you have to spend weeks narrowing people's ideas as to what consitutes a proof in order to restrict their ability to think critically outside your box, I can't see it being too convincing.

It also won't work. Not with this crowd. One of the main reasons for arguing on this forum is to find out more interesting and varied ways of refuting theists.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Sorry but God came to me in a dream last night and he's currently having a crisis of faith. He doesn't believe we exist.

I even tried threatening eternal damnation in a new build commuter housing estate in the south east of England but it wasn't enough. He was asking for evidence.

Naturally I didn't want to give it to him. Where's the fun in that?
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
27-08-2014, 06:57 AM
(25-08-2014 03:18 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  You are guilty of a common theist argument known as shifting the burden of proof. Although you appear to understand that claims require evidence, you fail to understand or to realize who is making the claims and what they are. You seem to think that Atheism is a doctrine which makes claims for itself which require evidence. This is fundamentally incorrect given that Atheism is merely a word for denoting a lack of belief in god or religion. It holds no implication regarding what doctrines, if any, that individual may believe. You, the Muslim, are the one making a claim on behalf of Islam, that it's revelation is divine and its doctrines are true.
You have a problem in understanding how a debate and forum work; in each thread there is a topic to discuss, when you are claiming that Islam is wrong because it is mentioning Winged Horses, You need to provide the proof not me.
Proving Islam is a separate matter.

Quote:It does not matter to us what kind of mythological animal you think it is. What concerns us is that you believe in something as an adult that belongs only in the mind of a very young child as a fantasy.
Can you prove it is just a fantasy?

Quote:It is so obviously ridiculous as to invite us to question your maturity and sanity. Do you truly and seriously wish to argue for the existence of invisible flying horses?
You totally don't get the point here, my discussion is your circular logic

Quote:By all means, proceed. What is the first step?
Agreeing/presenting what is commonly acceptable about logic, proofs, etc.

Quote:I am not surprised or pleased to see that in the end, as is always the case, the last resort of Islam is violence and coercion.
This is another topic for debate, Violence is not always something bad.
27-08-2014, 07:08 AM
(27-08-2014 06:57 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:18 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  You are guilty of a common theist argument known as shifting the burden of proof. Although you appear to understand that claims require evidence, you fail to understand or to realize who is making the claims and what they are. You seem to think that Atheism is a doctrine which makes claims for itself which require evidence. This is fundamentally incorrect given that Atheism is merely a word for denoting a lack of belief in god or religion. It holds no implication regarding what doctrines, if any, that individual may believe. You, the Muslim, are the one making a claim on behalf of Islam, that it's revelation is divine and its doctrines are true.
You have a problem in understanding how a debate and forum work; in each thread there is a topic to discuss, when you are claiming that Islam is wrong because it is mentioning Winged Horses, You need to provide the proof not me.
Proving Islam is a separate matter.

Either you're a fucking moron or a Poe. Either way...

[Image: 4fc9d0dfb2c32.jpeg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]