[split] W00t

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 11:53 AM by Hughsie.)
[split] W00t
(09-10-2014 11:08 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 09:26 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I return after a few years. I feel like staying, though I'm a little worried about how everyone is hostile and dismissive now, and people who don't fall in line get shouted off any thread.
Maybe I just need to find some of the people who were around back when I first signed up? :L

Tell me about it. Dodgy

I refer to such jackasses as the 'Crusaders' informally, because they crusade to drive off anyone who dares not think exactly like they do.

Welcome back though. Smile

Since his statement isn't actually true, who are these imagined Crusaders?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: W00t
(09-10-2014 11:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 11:08 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Tell me about it. Dodgy

I refer to such jackasses as the 'Crusaders' informally, because they crusade to drive off anyone who dares not think exactly like they do.

Welcome back though. Smile

Since his statement isn't actually true, who are these imagined Crusaders?

You know those people in that thread Hughsie didn't bother reading but heard about.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-10-2014, 11:37 AM
(09-10-2014 11:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since his statement isn't actually true, who are these imagined Crusaders?

The people who attack any theist who turns up and doesn't instantly deconvert. This place was, when I joined, a place where you could discuss things with theists and, whilst you didn't agree with them, you were respectful and the convos were interesting. Now, every theist who joins gets run of by a certain few assholes who in some cases think theists shouldn't be welcome here, and in other cases are too stupid to differentiate between someone preaching, and someone explaining their views.

If you think that I'm the only one saying it then lol. Just lol.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-10-2014, 11:38 AM
(09-10-2014 11:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You know those people in that thread Hughsie didn't bother reading but heard about.

Go fuck yourself Rev. If you have no idea what people are talking about then take the time to find out before making your bitchy little comments and making yourself sound like a 14 year old girl.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
09-10-2014, 11:39 AM
(09-10-2014 11:37 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 11:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since his statement isn't actually true, who are these imagined Crusaders?

The people who attack any theist who turns up and doesn't instantly deconvert. This place was, when I joined, a place where you could discuss things with theists and, whilst you didn't agree with them, you were respectful and the convos were interesting. Now, every theist who joins gets run of by a certain few assholes who in some cases think theists shouldn't be welcome here, and in other cases are too stupid to differentiate between someone preaching, and someone explaining their views.

If you think that I'm the only one saying it then lol. Just lol.

And if you think I said that then lol. Just lol.

09-10-2014, 11:41 AM
(09-10-2014 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  And if you think I said that then lol. Just lol.

I didn't think you said anything. You asked a question, and I answered it.

Best
Worst
09-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Code of Conduct for the Introduction Section
This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2014, 11:43 AM
(09-10-2014 11:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Code of Conduct for the Introduction Section
This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

The OP doesn't belong in the Introductions thread - it was an editorial, not an intro.

09-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Oh wow.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.