[split] W00t

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: [split] W00t
Not disagreeing, with anyone but need to point out even KC isn't immune.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...apologists

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
(09-10-2014 12:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you think there are any theists here whose attempts at genuine discussion are being drowned out by a minority?

Genuine question here, Hughsie.

Do you think we're missing out on the enlightened insight of Q Continuum? Or diddo?

Of course I do, why would I have said anything if I didn't?

I couldn't give you any names. Like I said, it's probably been over six months since I bothered trying to engage with a theist here. I don't remember the name of the last one I did talk to but I was having a nice conversation (I think it was about morality), until it got to the point where my replies were being buried under page upon page of insults. That was about the point I gave up.

Also, I think some of the theists that have been dicks on here may well be the product of our environment. If someone joins here with good intentions and gets attacked for no good reason then yeah, perhaps they'll start being a dick back. It's not that shocking, then the Crusaders go, "see, he is a dick", when in fact they've made the person act that way. If you went to theism forum with good intentions and were just attacked for being an atheist in the way some theists here have been attacked then it's quite likely you'd be a dick back too.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
(09-10-2014 12:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you think there are any theists here whose attempts at genuine discussion are being drowned out by a minority?

Genuine question here, Hughsie.

Do you think we're missing out on the enlightened insight of Q Continuum? Or diddo?

Of course I do, why would I have said anything if I didn't?

I couldn't give you any names. Like I said, it's probably been over six months since I bothered trying to engage with a theist here.

How can you say there are any here if you don't know of any?

Quote:I don't remember the name of the last one I did talk to but I was having a nice conversation (I think it was about morality), until it got to the point where my replies were being buried under page upon page of insults. That was about the point I gave up.

Wasn't six months ago about the time of Taq's reign of terror?

Quote:Also, I think some of the theists that have been dicks on here may well be the product of our environment. If someone joins here with good intentions and gets attacked for no good reason then yeah, perhaps they'll start being a dick back. It's not that shocking, then the Crusaders go, "see, he is a dick", when in fact they've made the person act that way. If you went to theism forum with good intentions and were just attacked for being an atheist in the way some theists here have been attacked then it's quite likely you'd be a dick back too.

I don't recall instances of theists being attacked for no good reason except by Taq and Chippy. Well, maybe Brian## skirts the line.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 12:31 PM
(09-10-2014 12:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you say there are any here if you don't know of any?

I may not remember the names of the theists, I do remember who was attacking them. I can think of at least two or three names (beyond Taq and Chippy) but I'm sure I could find more if I tried. I haven't paid this much attention for six months or so so my recollections aren't perfect.

(09-10-2014 12:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wasn't six months ago about the time of Taq's reign of terror?

No idea, tbh though 6 months is a very rough estimate. Could be way out for all I know.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
09-10-2014, 12:38 PM
(09-10-2014 12:31 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can you say there are any here if you don't know of any?

I may not remember the names of the theists, I do remember who was attacking them. I can think of at least two or three names (beyond Taq and Chippy) but I'm sure I could find more if I tried. I haven't paid this much attention for six months or so so my recollections aren't perfect.

I thought you were saying that there were currently theists here being unfairly attacked. Did I misunderstand?

09-10-2014, 12:41 PM
(09-10-2014 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:31 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I may not remember the names of the theists, I do remember who was attacking them. I can think of at least two or three names (beyond Taq and Chippy) but I'm sure I could find more if I tried. I haven't paid this much attention for six months or so so my recollections aren't perfect.

I thought you were saying that there were currently theists here being unfairly attacked. Did I misunderstand?

It has defo happened in the past. As such I stopped bothering with the A&T section. As the people who attacked them are still active here though I'd bet my bottom dollar that if a theist signed up tomorrow, the same thing would happen.

Best
Worst
09-10-2014, 12:50 PM
(09-10-2014 12:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  I thought you were saying that there were currently theists here being unfairly attacked. Did I misunderstand?

It has defo happened in the past. As such I stopped bothering with the A&T section. As the people who attacked them are still active here though I'd bet my bottom dollar that if a theist signed up tomorrow, the same thing would happen.

This is where we disagree. Most of the theists we get here are loony toons.
However, we currently have a few theists who are not being wantonly attacked, e.g. Michael_Tadlock.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-10-2014, 12:58 PM
(09-10-2014 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It has defo happened in the past. As such I stopped bothering with the A&T section. As the people who attacked them are still active here though I'd bet my bottom dollar that if a theist signed up tomorrow, the same thing would happen.

This is where we disagree. Most of the theists we get here are loony toons.
However, we currently have a few theists who are not being wantonly attacked, e.g. Michael_Tadlock.

He's a theist? I thought he describes himself as vegan secular humanist?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2014, 01:01 PM
(09-10-2014 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is where we disagree. Most of the theists we get here are loony toons.

He's a theist? I thought he describes himself as vegan secular humanist?

I may be mistaken on him. But we do have at least one.

09-10-2014, 01:05 PM
(09-10-2014 11:43 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Oh wow.

Lol Irony is the word of the day. Laugh out load

My two cents, I have noticed a decrease in interesting debates with theists. Most lately seem to be arrogant and/or preachy. I don't think this site should be used for "witnessing." So, I don't engage a whole lot if the gist of the conversation will go something like...

Atheist: "there is no objective proof for a god."
Theist: "yeah there is but you wish to not see it."

Yawn.

"This or that" is more interesting.

It would be nice to think that perhaps there is a shortage of theists because they are now atheists? Unsure

Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post