[split] Was the Holocaust... a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2016, 04:56 PM
[split] Was the Holocaust... a lie?
It is natural that an atheist would not have faith in the holocaust story. We are told that Six Million Jews were murdered by evil Nazis, however, we are not given any credible evidence to support this claim. We are told that the six million bodies were never counted because they were "cremated". We are told to ignore the fact that there is no documentation to support this claim because the Nazis were "conspirators" and "criminals" and destroyed all the documentation. I looked for real-world numbers that support the six million number and I did not find them; not in census records, red cross records, and not even the Jewish almanac. I was lead on a wild goose chase. It did not occur to me at first that I was dealing with a myth. I did eventually find the six million number though in what looks like the world of fantasy being passed onto us as reality.

[Image: Six-Million-Jews-Chicago-Tribune-July-20-1921-300.gif]

[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&am...0702613004]

[Image: ff53e48454e9cc0e5c5f7797d2955141.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Berty's post
02-01-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Was the Holocaust... a lie?
(02-01-2016 04:56 PM)Berty Wrote:  It is natural that an atheist would not have faith in the holocaust story. We are told that Six Million Jews were murdered by evil Nazis, however, we are not given any credible evidence to support this claim. We are told that the six million bodies were never counted because they were "cremated". We are told to ignore the fact that there is no documentation to support this claim because the Nazis were "conspirators" and "criminals" and destroyed all the documentation. I looked for real-world numbers that support the six million number and I did not find them; not in census records, red cross records, and not even the Jewish almanac. I was lead on a wild goose chase. It did not occur to me at first that I was dealing with a myth. I did eventually find the six million number though in what looks like the world of fantasy being passed onto us as reality.

[Image: Six-Million-Jews-Chicago-Tribune-July-20-1921-300.gif]

[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&am...0702613004]

[Image: ff53e48454e9cc0e5c5f7797d2955141.jpg]

Bye bye Berty.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2016, 05:55 PM
(09-03-2012 09:01 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 08:37 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  If I showed you pictures of starving Ethiopians or Ethiopians who had died of starvation... would you believe me if I said that the United States was mass murdering Ethiopians? Or would you believe that a country which is ravaged by war and drought can no longer feed it's populace?

So those pictures of people who are starved to the bone it becomes more of a question... were they starved deliberately? Or... when the allies bombed the supply routes of the Nazi occupied Europe they were unable to get food to these remote camps? Curious thing though, many of them did not die of starvation, they died of Typhus. Anne Frank died of Typhus. So I suppose you could say allied negligence led to the death of many Jews towards the end of World War II.

of course I wouldn't believe you right away, unless you give me some kind of evidence, check this site (warning: disturbing pictures ahead) http://isurvived.org/Holocaust-definition.html

A lot of those pictures indicate that nazis were actually killing the jews and other demographic groups I guess. Adding that to the indirect information we can find through published investigations makes the holocaust impossible to reasonably deny.

We can argue about the accuracy of those investigations and the extent of the nazi government guilt in the deaths (maybe they didn't killed all of them, maybe they just let them die, which is not much better actually) but I don't think we can deny the whole event, it would be like denying evolution because we can't see a whole species evolving into another in a lifetime, disregarding the overwhelming evidence there is to it.

I'll go ahead and say that allies had some responsibility, it seems reasonable it happened as you describe, but I doubt that responsibility is really comparable to that of the nazis

There were ships that escaped from Europe filled with Jews that were denied entry to the USA and landed instead in Cuba and the Dominican Republic and other places and their descendants are still living in those places, so to a degree the USA is an accomplice after the fact to some of the holocaust.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
02-01-2016, 05:59 PM
This thread?! Why????????????? Weeping

Facepalm

This is why we can't have nice things. No

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 13 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-01-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: [split] Was the Holocaust... a lie?
No, it wasn't. Taking a few history courses that cover methods of research will help. Looking on the interwebz for "studies" that support a racist history revision won't. The first option requires actual brain work, so I hope you'll chose it.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
02-01-2016, 06:30 PM
(02-01-2016 04:56 PM)Berty Wrote:  It is natural that an atheist would not have faith in the holocaust story.

False. What is *natural* is that skeptics look for evidence. In this case, there are mountains of evidence. http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?...d=10007271

(02-01-2016 04:56 PM)Berty Wrote:  We are told that Six Million Jews were murdered by evil Nazis, however, we are not given any credible evidence to support this claim.

Unfortunately for you, we have more than enough evidence, and you are a fool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I don't get why this is so hard for some people to accept. Is the sheer barbarity of it in a supposedly civilized age too jarring? Is it the idea of western exceptionalism? Or some guilt over the inactivity of the US and the endorsement of the Catholic Church?

It happened. It was vile and disgusting. It is one of the few subjects that have caused me to vomit when reading about it. It shocks me that modern civilized people could do this to each other. But my personal discomfort and incredulity do not make it less true.

I had friends growing up whose grandparents were holocaust survivors. I believe them when try tell about what they had to go through.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
02-01-2016, 06:35 PM
(02-01-2016 06:33 PM)natachan Wrote:  I don't get why this is so hard for some people to accept. Is the sheer barbarity of it in a supposedly civilized age too jarring? Is it the idea of western exceptionalism? Or some guilt over the inactivity of the US and the endorsement of the Catholic Church?

It happened. It was vile and disgusting. It is one of the few subjects that have caused me to vomit when reading about it. It shocks me that modern civilized people could do this to each other. But my personal discomfort and incredulity do not make it less true.

I had friends growing up whose grandparents were holocaust survivors. I believe them when try tell about what they had to go through.

Germany was a "Christian nation". It refutes their notions of all sorts of things.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-01-2016, 06:41 PM
What brings these fucktards here anyways?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I think some of these non-atheist, drive-by holocaust deniers think their ideas will be well received by atheists because Judaism is a religion.
That somehow because the Jews had religious beliefs, we as atheists, will tend to buy into bullshit theories because of religious bias.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post