[split] What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: [split] What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
(14-11-2013 10:40 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 10:27 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  I assume a thread on a forum is for people to drop by and say what they mean to type then leave or debate as you wish. I believe that the Roman forum had the same idea. I may be wrong; I doubt it.

You confuse the form for the thread. You are free to raise topics in the forum. Keep the threads on topic.

It seems legitimate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh goodness. It looks a little tense in here. :/

I guess I'll jump in anyhow. I've always been curious about this idea. Maybe I could chat with somebody here about this. I loved Lynn Margulis for the longest time and she was very famously fond of trying to convince others that the HIV virus did not cause AIDS. I always thought it was a strange theory because we have scanning electron microscope pictures of HIV, as well as systems in place to diagnose the disease during the incubation period. There are even several different forms of preliminary cures in the works, such as that stem cell therapy one. It seems that anybody who can stop a disease knows an awful lot about it. Perhaps there is disagreement on the detection system? I'm not sure.

Does anybody know how/why this idea started gaining steam? I'm very skeptical myself, but I never quite understood this one fully. TIA to anybody who might be kind enough to answer.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
15-11-2013, 09:43 PM
(15-11-2013 09:38 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Oh goodness. It looks a little tense in here. :/

I guess I'll jump in anyhow. I've always been curious about this idea. Maybe I could chat with somebody here about this. I loved Lynn Margulis for the longest time and she was very famously fond of trying to convince others that the HIV virus did not cause AIDS. I always thought it was a strange theory because we have scanning electron microscope pictures of HIV, as well as systems in place to diagnose the disease during the incubation period. There are even several different forms of preliminary cures in the works, such as that stem cell therapy one. It seems that anybody who can stop a disease knows an awful lot about it. Perhaps there is disagreement on the detection system? I'm not sure.

Does anybody know how/why this idea started gaining steam? I'm very skeptical myself, but I never quite understood this one fully. TIA to anybody who might be kind enough to answer.

You'll want to check the other thread there is tons of info there. This was split off of that thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-11-2013, 09:48 PM
I see now. Thank you.

....................What a nightmare. Sorry to bring it up again, then. *bows out*

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days