[split] What made you proud when you were a child?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: [split] What made you proud when you were a child?
Sorry I was abused.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2017, 09:54 PM
You all might want to consider commiserating together having dealt with such difficult childhoods instead of taking it out on one another. Undecided
You could even do it through PMs, seems to me if anyone could give support it would be others who know what it’s like. Just a thought.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
23-04-2017, 04:14 AM
I've heard enough fuck yous for one life. This idea that I'm supposed to be all good with verbal abuse myself can go get fucked.
23-04-2017, 05:27 AM
I've read through this thread, and I find the attitudes of ALL concerned to be beyond the pale, riddled as it is with abusive insults, and offensive language. You all need to cool down and grow up.

I don't expect to be presented with this sort of rubbish on what purports to be a "thinking" site.

I'm surprised the moderators haven't locked this thread considering how it's progressively deteriorated to fighting more appropriate for the gutter.

Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-04-2017, 05:43 AM
"Why can't people just learn to live in peace and harmony?" Said Arthur.

Ford gave a loud, very hollow laugh.

"Fourty-two!" he said with a malicious grin. "No, doesn't work. Never mind"

Douglas Adams The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-04-2017, 07:58 AM
(23-04-2017 05:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I've read through this thread, and I find the attitudes of ALL concerned to be beyond the pale, riddled as it is with abusive insults, and offensive language. You all need to cool down and grow up.

I don't expect to be presented with this sort of rubbish on what purports to be a "thinking" site.

I'm surprised the moderators haven't locked this thread considering how it's progressively deteriorated to fighting more appropriate for the gutter.

Angry

Yea getting offended sucks yes, but still nothing compared to other parts of the world where people murder you if they get offended. Time place and context matter, not either or.

I was bullied as a kid and there is a huge difference between merely getting offended and being bullied. Bullying is when you don't have the option of leaving and the unwanted behavior is repeated on you when you cant leave. I had no choice as a kid where I lived, so I hid inside or I risked getting beaten up when outside.

Now that I am an adult, I can chose whom I respond to and which which websites I hang out at. I'd agree for places like work and all the way through school even what you say on social media can get back to work/school. In that context civility matters when you have no choice but to be there.

Outside of that, if you have the option of blocking things you dont like or leaving that situation do that. We can only control ourselves as individuals, we cant control others. Civility isn't about never offending or getting offended, civility is what you do in the face of those situations. If we all got to silence others because we hear things or read things we don't like, there is not one person of our 7 billion on this planet that could not think of things they'd rather not hear.

If this website provides a block option, use it. If there is something that bothers you appeal to the mods and admins, if it violates the TOS, if they agree, they will do something, if not, then it is up to you to stay or go, but even with that nobody is forced to post here.

This is not a formal setting like in a brick building where we are forced to be together. I would rather face an insult and the ability to respond then have government tell me I cant respond with what I want to say. TIME PLACE AND CONTEXT matter.

I love liberals intent in empathy, I simply don't agree with blanket solutions for every situation. It depends.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2017, 08:20 AM
I don't know if I can squash the fire I started here or not, but I will try.

Angie's response "fuck you" WAS APPROPRIATE regardless of my intent. I said it before, but her "fuck you" to me was nothing compared to the real physical abuse she suffered. ABUSE victims have every right to use whatever language they want, and it is important that others read it so they know they are not alone.

I think those who have not gone through that kind of trauma, or being victims of oppression or seeing violence in a war torn country, if you think a "fuck you" is worse, then you really are taking your life for granted. Let her vent she has every right to. Even to me. I am the reason she reacted and her reaction is normal.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
23-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Goddamn

Do you prattle on like this in real life? Liberalism and war and fucking peace? Shut the fuck up.
23-04-2017, 08:50 AM
(23-04-2017 08:36 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Goddamn

Do you prattle on like this in real life? Liberalism and war and fucking peace? Shut the fuck up.

1. "Liberal" does not mean anti private sector.
2. "Liberal" does not mean we want Stalin's Russia or Castro's Cuba.
3. "Liberal" does not mean always offend or never offend.

You not liking my repetition is not an argument.

Yes, I am a liberal. I do value minority rights. I to value free speech at the same time. I don't like bullies. I do value livable wages for workers. Yes I do value peace in an age of nukes damned fucking right. Friend and foe have nukes and if either side shoots them off, our boarders wont fucking matter at that point. We live on a globe, not an infinite flat surface where either friend or foe can expand forever. Ifr you like war go join the military.

Your point?

23-04-2017, 08:58 AM
My point is shut the fuck up.