[split] What made you proud when you were a child?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2017, 12:49 PM
This thread really should be locked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
23-04-2017, 01:34 PM
RE: [split] What made you proud when you were a child?
Sadcryface But it's my safe space
23-04-2017, 01:38 PM
I see you are still being insensitive.
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
23-04-2017, 02:21 PM
(23-04-2017 12:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This thread really should be locked.

Some people making an ass of themselves doesn't seem like a valid reason to lock.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
23-04-2017, 03:06 PM
(23-04-2017 01:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I see you are still being insensitive.

I was abused so fuck you. I understand you weren't the one to actually abuse me but you see it made me an asshole so please show more sensitivity so I don't get triggered (again).
23-04-2017, 03:17 PM
(23-04-2017 03:06 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 01:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I see you are still being insensitive.

I was abused so fuck you. I understand you weren't the one to actually abuse me but you see it made me an asshole so please show more sensitivity so I don't get triggered (again).

I wasn't being insensitive to you only pointing out your behavior.
23-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Oh. So is that what I was I was doing or not?
25-04-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2017 07:45 PM by Leerob.)
I am surprised to see how much hate and resentment was hiding in some people here.

When Angie's "fuck you" post came up, I read it, I understood instantly what was going on and I decided to let the waves calm down. Sometimes people say the wrong thing at the wrong time and that can trigger some horrible memories. I know it all too well. And I am 100% sure that most of the people talking in this thread, can relate as well.
Angie's childhood and teenage time was an absolutely excruciating fight for survival - every day - until she left the house of her parents and started a family. In Angie's case, judging by how she wrote and reacted, she wasn't just remembering but she was reliving all that shit. I can't even start to imagine what kind of hell she went through. And just because I had a horrible childhood and teenage time too, doesn't mean that it is ok for me to waltz in and claim my right to poke into her open wound.

Everybody makes mistakes. And I am 100% sure that through all the flashbacks, that everybody had right there, if some people would have apologised and stopped right at the beginning, things would have calmed down quickly. (in hindsight, eh)
But what I see instead is people ripping each other's heads off.

All of you are usually absolutely reasonable and moral people. So how about taking a step back, sleeping a night on it, cutting each other some slack, and then move on. An apology here and there would help too, but I think some here are too angry for that.

And I know, Fred, you are hurting too. But what you are doing in this thread is not how you can heal from the abuse that you suffered yourself. I understand, you might not want to hear this but that's how it is. You can choose to keep yelling at people (and I understand that it is a way to vent out the anger and frustration) or you can choose to try and work out your problems and try to move on. And although I have not been through the same things that you went through, I do know that being toxic to others and keeping grudges will not help you heal and enjoy your life.

For all of you. Here is a calming image of a big old tree. Sit down, and breath. We can get through this shit together, mkay?
[Image: Simon_Larouche_researchpaper1.png]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 5 users Like Leerob's post
25-04-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm not going to heal.

I'm past caring about that.

I get all this shit because I don't care about ONE person getting dragged off a plane and then I get called all kinds of shit when I'm like hold up after a person I never insulted tells me fuck you.

The only response you're going to get out of me is callous sarcasm.

If I get insulted and disrespected I'm throwing back at you. Your disease or backstory isn't a reason to start shit with me. You can go through all the threads. I never fucked with anyone first. Some members here are more respected with great sob stories. I don't give a fuck. Everyone is the same in my book. We've all suffered. We're all bags of decaying flesh.
26-04-2017, 03:27 AM
correct Fred, with this attitude you are not going to heal.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post