[split] When Will Science End?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: When Will Science End?
(07-01-2015 12:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 12:34 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You don't understand it.

The 'natural' is a human construct. Without us the natural no longer exists.

How is 'natural' a human construct?

Are you saying we're treated to existence as it is and our senses play no role here? how did evolution help here? the best scientists get to live?

lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 11:57 PM
(07-01-2015 11:48 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 12:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is 'natural' a human construct?

Are you saying we're treated to existence as it is and our senses play no role here? how did evolution help here? the best scientists get to live?

lol.

I can typing too!!!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-01-2015, 11:59 PM
(07-01-2015 11:48 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 12:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is 'natural' a human construct?

lol.

You're serious? That's not a logical connection to what you said, you do get these things right?

Our senses and experiences taint and alter our perspective, but that doesn't indicate definitively labels we create like natural or rock are human constructs. With or without humans the being that exists we gave labels to would most likely exist.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-01-2015, 12:30 AM
I'm saying you define natural based on what we can observe. The natural to me is what exists.

Something doesn't begin to exist once we observe it.
08-01-2015, 08:54 AM
(08-01-2015 12:30 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'm saying you define natural based on what we can observe. The natural to me is what exists.

And that means that without us, the natural still exists, so not a human construct.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2015, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 09:37 AM by Free.)
(06-01-2015 11:40 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 02:34 PM)Free Wrote:  Science will end when humankind ends, just like everything else will end.

Is that when philosophical naturalism is no longer correct? Smile

Okay, enough is enough, dude. You've now crossed this fucked up argument over to at least 5 different threads to hijack them.

This trolling of yours got old a long time ago. Get the fuck over it already.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
08-01-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: [split] When Will Science End?
(08-01-2015 12:30 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'm saying you define natural based on what we can observe. The natural to me is what exists.

Doesn't begin to exist once we observe it.....doesn't make sense.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
08-01-2015, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 12:55 PM by JDog554.)
(08-01-2015 12:30 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Something doesn't begin to exist once we observe it.

We have observed stars being born, coming into existence. You really must have nothing better to do if you spend your time coming up with ridiculous crap like that. Also just because something doesn't exist yet doesn't mean it's not natural. For example child birth, it's natural, the baby is natural but in early stages, the baby doesn't exist. Nature as one of the definitions by Oxford Dictionary states

Quote:forces controlling physical world: the forces and processes collectively that control the phenomena of the physical world independently of human volition or intervention, sometimes personified as a woman called "Mother Nature.

Weather we can or cannot observe it, stuff pops in and out of existence all the time and it's natural.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
09-01-2015, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 12:10 AM by Jack_Ripper.)
Brownshart puts out an amazing amount of BULLSHIT considering. [Image: 5951c330db4a76735cd53f3ea820d335.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Jack_Ripper's post
10-01-2015, 09:47 PM
You guys are just failing hardcore at debating this troll. He's absolutely demolishing you.

Truth seeker.