[split] When You Fell In Love With Science/Reason/Rationality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: When You Fell In Love With Science/Reason/Rationality
(14-10-2017 11:29 AM)Eagle Wrote:  A but yes Vera, scientists have been wrong in the past and are wrong now!

I don't doubt that but what will show that to be the case will be better science.

Quote:Only a fool accepts something just because their college professor tells them!

Why do you conflate science and college professors? Are your teachers unsettling some of your beliefs? If so, that's a good thing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2017, 03:09 PM
(14-10-2017 10:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  It's a lie that science and religion don't agree.

In your opinion, or as generally understood? The actuality is that science doesn't agree with religion in any way, shape or form. Religion, on the other hand, has earned no say in the tenets of science—simply because it refutes so many of them out of hand.

Quote:Usually people say it when they have been brainwashed by the mainstream attitude that there is no God.

LOL... oh dear, the old "brainwashed" claim. Is that really the best you can do?

In the 21st century, people by and large have made their own decisions, based on enquiry and logic and science, to inform themselves of the absurdities of religion—nobody's brainwashed them! Atheists, from a scientific perspective, rely on observation, replication, and peer-review in order to provide empirical evidence for a phenomenon. Whereas theists rely largely for their world view on the disparate scribblings of ill-educated desert nomads who lived thousands of years ago. Zero science involved.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
14-10-2017, 03:24 PM
(14-10-2017 10:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  I am a scientist and I love science.

It's a lie that science and religion don't agree.

Usually people say it when they have been brainwashed by the mainstream attitude that there is no God.

Or, you know, it happens when rational people read religious texts and discover for themselves the horseshit being peddled.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-10-2017, 06:11 PM
(14-10-2017 10:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  I am a scientist and I love science.

What science(s)? Theoretical or applied? Degree(s)?

(14-10-2017 10:49 AM)Eagle Wrote:  Usually people say it when they have been brainwashed by the mainstream attitude that there is no God.

If you seriously think "mainstream" goes against gods, then you obviously don't think or read. You haven't seen the kids tossed out of their homes for being atheist or the lack of parents being charged with crimes thinking prayer cured illnesses. If you live in North America, then you know full well "mainstream" supports religions.
15-10-2017, 08:01 PM
FFS. Must all the crazy religionists we've acquired recently congregate in this thread?

[Image: tenor.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-10-2017, 04:30 AM
(15-10-2017 08:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  Must all the crazy religionists we've acquired recently congregate in this thread?

I also mistook Belaqua for a religious person when he first began posting. He's an atheist who thinks many religious assumptions are at least arguably reasonable, and believes most atheists don't give them enough credit.
16-10-2017, 06:52 AM
(16-10-2017 04:30 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  He's an atheist who thinks

Wrong. He thinks he thinks. He's yet another mental wanker with the depth of a Texan puddle in August. We already have more than enough of those.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-10-2017, 07:07 AM
(14-10-2017 11:29 AM)Eagle Wrote:  accepts something just because their college professor tells them!

Hahahahaha! Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHA! Laughat

Relevant tweet to this lunacy:
[Image: XEpYqGt.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-10-2017, 07:33 AM
(16-10-2017 06:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 04:30 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  He's an atheist who thinks

Wrong. He thinks he thinks.

I guess I have more patience with religious ideas since I labored under them for so long myself.
16-10-2017, 07:38 AM
(16-10-2017 07:33 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 06:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  Wrong. He thinks he thinks.

I guess I have more patience with religious ideas since I labored under them for so long myself.

It's not the religiousness. It's the lack of depth coupled with pretentiousness.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post