[split] Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 07:40 AM
[split] Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
Let me give you an example of their faulty thinking. They complain that Walmart pays too low of a wage. They complain about income inequality. One of the pictures that they call memes was made saying Henry Ford doubled his workers salaries and his profits doubled in 2 years so Walmart should give their workers a raise. Yet they fail to see that according to what they just said that would lead to an increase in profits so they could complain about income inequality again and want workers to get raises again ad infinitum. That is faulty thinking...

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
So you think that walmart's profits doubling (through some presumably undefined mechanism in this case, but for the sake of argument...) would lead to doubling of wealth for the wealthy? I'm not following your logic.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-01-2014, 09:05 AM
(31-01-2014 07:40 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Let me give you an example of their faulty thinking. They complain that Walmart pays too low of a wage. They complain about income inequality. One of the pictures that they call memes was made saying Henry Ford doubled his workers salaries and his profits doubled in 2 years so Walmart should give their workers a raise. Yet they fail to see that according to what they just said that would lead to an increase in profits so they could complain about income inequality again and want workers to get raises again ad infinitum. That is faulty thinking...

I'm not following. I don't know whose faulty logic you're pointing out (presumably, libertarians~which you've failed to connect).

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
31-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Welcome to 'Murica.
And my family wonders why I prefer talking to Europeans....
(best friend is British)

Atir aissom atir imon
31-01-2014, 10:44 AM
See, two examples of muddied thinking already.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 10:55 AM
(31-01-2014 10:44 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  See, two examples of muddied thinking already.

I'm actually TRYING to understand what you're saying. I'm not just being a bitch and going against everything you say. I try to be logical, but I'm the first to admit when my thinking is bullshit...I do agree that American libertarians can be extreme to the point of stupidity...but I didn't understand what Walmart's scenario had to do with anything....just trying to learn some stuff here, but I think you are counteracting that.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
31-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Re: RE: Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
(31-01-2014 10:55 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 10:44 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  See, two examples of muddied thinking already.

I'm actually TRYING to understand what you're saying. I'm not just being a bitch and going against everything you say. I try to be logical, but I'm the first to admit when my thinking is bullshit...I do agree that American libertarians can be extreme to the point of stupidity...but I didn't understand what Walmart's scenario had to do with anything....just trying to learn some stuff here, but I think you are counteracting that.

I'll say it slowly for you. They posted a "meme" showing that raising workers salaries salaries increases profits.

They bitch and moan about raises and income inequality.

They want raises that will lead to more income inequality according to the "meme" they posted.

Seriously, what's your problem?

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Oh what a genius reply! So much wit! So much intellect on display! So sound and solid arguments that will withstand any opposition!

You are an absolute political genius and mastermind of argumentation!!!!!!!!!!!

...not

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 7 users Like The Germans are coming's post
31-01-2014, 11:09 AM
(31-01-2014 11:06 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 10:55 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  I'm actually TRYING to understand what you're saying. I'm not just being a bitch and going against everything you say. I try to be logical, but I'm the first to admit when my thinking is bullshit...I do agree that American libertarians can be extreme to the point of stupidity...but I didn't understand what Walmart's scenario had to do with anything....just trying to learn some stuff here, but I think you are counteracting that.

I'll say it slowly for you. They posted a "meme" showing that raising workers salaries salaries increases profits.

They want raises that will lead to more income inequality according to the "meme" they posted.

I understand what a meme is and what this meme was about...what I DON'T understand is how this had anything to do with this post. So while we're on the topic of useless "information," I had eggs for breakfast. I have many "problems," but not a damn one of them has anything to do with this post or any of my responses. Happy hour hasn't finished there yet??

[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post
31-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Re: RE: Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
(31-01-2014 11:09 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 11:06 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  I'll say it slowly for you. They posted a "meme" showing that raising workers salaries salaries increases profits.

I understand what a meme is and what this meme was about...what I DON'T understand is how this had anything to do with this post. So while we're on the topic of useless "information," I had eggs for breakfast. I have many "problems," but not a damn one of them has anything to do with this post or any of my responses. Happy hour hasn't finished there yet??

Fuck you.

Using Tapatalk