[split] Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: [split] Why are American liberterians so absurdly insane?
(31-01-2014 04:59 PM)JAH Wrote:  I must say that this thread took a very weird turn.

One wonders at how a person civilly asked to explain themselves when a thought foreign to the OP is interjected and can then allow themselves to blow up at the question.

I happen to be one of those fucking idiots who think Snowden and Manning are heroes. They are both paying greatly for their courage.

Without going to great lengths I am not so sure about the negative take on libertarians. Their major flaw is not understanding the connection between money and power. I think those on the very fringe who find seat belts and motorcycle helmets as unnecessary regulations are a real minority.

I don't think Snowden and Manning are heroes. Absolutely not. The fact that you do, is your opinion, and I respect that. I certainly would not call you dumb for doing so.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 05:06 PM
(31-01-2014 04:59 PM)JAH Wrote:  I must say that this thread took a very weird turn.

One wonders at how a person civilly asked to explain themselves when a thought foreign to the OP is interjected and can then allow themselves to blow up at the question.

I happen to be one of those fucking idiots who think Snowden and Manning are heroes. They are both paying greatly for their courage.

Without going to great lengths I am not so sure about the negative take on libertarians. Their major flaw is not understanding the connection between money and power. I think those on the very fringe who find seat belts and motorcycle helmets as unnecessary regulations are a real minority.

This thread got very far from where it began quickly, so it was split. The bits about Snowden became a part of a derailment.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

31-01-2014, 07:43 PM
(31-01-2014 12:34 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 12:33 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Fuck you.

That's at least the fourth time you've told me FUCK YOU...you've got one more time to do it before we get naked and I turn you into a REAL MAN!

Shocking

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Marozz, I made my comment in relation to another poster. I have my reasons and you have yours. It would be interesting to discuss this civilly but I am afraid at this time about opening the wounds of others. Please understand that I would respect your viewpoint also without agreeing. I just don't think this thread is the proper place for it.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
31-01-2014, 09:16 PM
I like to picture Phil Hill eating a great big pastrami sandwich and farting between typing out "Fuck you" as a response to everyone.

Phil, you and the cretin that calls itself "Taqqiya Mockingbird" (aka "Tourette's Chimp") are prototypical examples of American retards. Neither of you know what you are talking about, neither of you have the ability to construct or defend arguments and both of you hold opinions that are totally un-proportioned by your knowledge of a subject.

Tourette's Chimp posts internet memes and arbitrarily names informal logical fallacies to mask its ignorance and lack of intelligence. Your approach to the same problem is generally more economical, you just call everyone an "asshole" and say "Fuck you".

It's ironic that someone like you is making "What I think is wrong with the USA"-type posts. You and your ilk are in a large part was is wrong with the USA and why it will be soon eclipsed on every metric by China.

Take a good look at yourself and Tourette's Chimp: two overly opinionated loudmouth cretins that shirk education and subsist by feeding in the trough of popular culture. Tourette's Chimp has (unconsciously) taken this a step further by becoming a postmodern simulacrum, but the end-result for both of you is comparable: both of you just emote and appear to believe that constitutes a substantive response. Tourette's Chimp doesn't rebutt any arguments it just expresses incredulity (typically using an image) and then pretends it has conclusively defeated an argument. You too just express incredulity by just posting "That's bullshit". Do you too need to be told that an expression of incredulity has no cognitive content and is incapable of refuting an argument?

Both of you are just utterly without substance and entirely incapable of making a worthwhile contribution to this forum. Why are you even here on this forum if your response to disagreement is just "fuck you" or "that's bullshit"?
31-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Chippy, I am tempted to respond but I will not. I will say that uncivil responses on the internet are a bit cowardly. I might also suggest that you have been uncivil yourself.

I might also suggest that Phil Hill change his user name. Phil Hill for those of you too young to remember was an excellent driver of racing cars. He was the first american champion in the formula one circuit. He should be remembered for that not for someone who allows emotion to overcome him.
31-01-2014, 11:08 PM
(31-01-2014 10:07 PM)JAH Wrote:  Chippy, I am tempted to respond but I will not. I will say that uncivil responses on the internet are a bit cowardly. I might also suggest that you have been uncivil yourself.

Sorry but this has nothing to do with being "uncivil". It is a matter of content. "Phil Hill" can swear all he likes; the problem is that all he does is swear and all that Tourette's Chimp does is post memes and swear. Being civil and making vacuous posts is only marginally better than being uncivil and making vacuous posts.

Your posts too are largely of no value--because they are vacuous--so I am unsurprised that you are seeking to cast the matters in terms of civility. The implication of course being that so long as you are being civil you are making a substantive contribution. Well, sorry but you aren't. Opinions are cheap and ubiquitous; what is of value is argumentation and evidence. "Phil Hill" should be telling everyone to "fuck off" after he has actually presented a cogent argument which stands undefeated. And "Phil Hill" simply asserting "I am right you are wrong" does not have significantly more merit than simply posting "fuck off". The assertion "I am right you are wrong" isn't acceptable simply because it doesn't employ expletives--it is not acceptable because it is a naked assertion, it is effectively no different from "fuck off".

It is permissible to be uncivil on this forum so if you have a problem with that then you are on the wrong forum. Also your claim that being uncivil is "cowardly" is without merit; everyone has the option of being uncivil it is not a privilege enjoyed only by an elected minority. Any asymmetry then is one of intellect, knowledge. wit, and facility with the English language. In effect, what you are doing is complaining that some people are better than you at communicating in writing. That is just tough shit that you will have to digest.
31-01-2014, 11:36 PM
(31-01-2014 10:07 PM)JAH Wrote:  Chippy, I am tempted to respond but I will not.

You did respond and this bluffing doesn't work.

There is a thread where you are asserting that genocide is indistinguishable from mass murder. Chas is correct in making the distinction and you offer no argument or evidence in support of your position. You are guilty of sloppy thinking and you are championing it in that thread. That sort of contribution is in the negative range (i.e. less than zero) of substantive in that you are engaged in trying to disseminate a clear falsehood and you are doing so by merely telling Chas he is wrong.
31-01-2014, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 11:50 PM by JAH.)
Chippy, you accuse me of being vacuous. I would like to suggest that I have made substantive posts in various threads on this forum.

I would like to believe that being non confrontational is not being vacuous but if you choose to believe otherwise I will not argue.

I will look for the mass murder/genocide post and will try to respond if I find it. I have no current memory of it.
31-01-2014, 11:50 PM
(31-01-2014 09:16 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You and your ilk are in a large part was is wrong with the USA and why it will be soon eclipsed on every metric by China.

Devil's advocate: why would the Chinese be any different?

... this is my signature!