[split] Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 07:25 AM by Luminon.)
[split] Words I want to remember
Debate is like a match of Battleships, you can only score what the other person is willing to check down on his board. (and what he checks on his board, is what other people see of you, so... debating on the internet is not a very good idea)

(26-09-2014 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you feel "there must be something more"?

Do you feel "there must be a purpose"?

Do you feel fear that this is all there is, this one life?

Have you stared into the abyss?

Abyss: There is no purpose for the universe to exist, there is no purpose for life to exist, there is no purpose for you to exist. Each of us has to make his or her own purpose.

Pretty much the nut and the shell. Thumbsup
I have always thought this is weird. It is no argument, just a claim. Yes, we should not make things up that aren't there. But what is that purpose that isn't supposed to be there? If it's different for everyone, do we talk about the same thing at all? Where's the purpose-making methodology? What's the name of the purpose-making discipline? If there's none, how can we even make our own purpose? Does it just fall out of sky? And how do I sign out of other people's collective mandatory purposes without being disowned, imprisoned or exiled to another country?
IOW, we should not ask abysses for their opinions. They are nihilists who take their relativistic bullshit very absolutely. Yes, you can have your puny individual purpose, just don't forget to pay the taxes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: [split] Words I want to remember
Split thread. Words I want to remember is not a place for serious debate is simply as the title suggests a place to remember people's words without a lot of sidebar commentary or inviting discourse or debate.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-09-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: [split] Words I want to remember
(30-09-2014 07:19 AM)Luminon Wrote:  But what is that purpose that isn't supposed to be there? If it's different for everyone, do we talk about the same thing at all? Where's the purpose-making methodology? What's the name of the purpose-making discipline? If there's none, how can we even make our own purpose? Does it just fall out of sky? And how do I sign out of other people's collective mandatory purposes without being disowned, imprisoned or exiled to another country?

[Image: dianetics.jpg] Drinking Beverage

#sigh