[split] excubitor vs deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 10:05 AM by kingschosen.)
[split] excubitor vs deconversion
I find it interesting that all of these stories are about de-conversion. I find it interesting that you consider yourselves to be deconverting rather than converting to atheism. In your hearts you know that going back to atheism is a step backwards. Its like all those 'de' words, degradation, degeneration, deterioration, and the ultimate 'de' word 'dead'.

You have chosen eternal death for yourselves. In your hearts you know it, which is why you happily take the label of a deconvert.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Share your de-conversion story
(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I find it interesting that all of these stories are about de-conversion. I find it interesting that you consider yourselves to be deconverting rather than converting to atheism. In your hearts you know that going back to atheism is a step backwards. Its like all those 'de' words, degradation, degeneration, deterioration, and the ultimate 'de' word 'dead'.

You have chosen eternal death for yourselves. In your hearts you know it, which is why you happily take the label of a deconvert.

Delightful, delicious, delectable, decision, dear, deft, deliver, deluxe, debut, decant, declare, decode, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2013, 10:42 AM
(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Its like all those 'de' words, degradation, degeneration, deterioration, and the ultimate 'de' word 'dead'.

You know there's literally no etymological relation between those, right?

And that's without the (more numerous!) counterexamples Chas provided.

Actually there's a couple words beginning with "de-" that I think would be just perfect to describe you. Can you guess them?

... this is my signature!
16-09-2013, 04:30 PM

(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I find it interesting that all of these stories are about de-conversion.

I don't, considering that the title of this thread suggests that it's about de-conversion stories.

Your drivel, however, doesn't look like a de-conversion story to me. So what is it doing here then?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
17-09-2013, 05:48 AM
(16-09-2013 04:30 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I find it interesting that all of these stories are about de-conversion.

I don't, considering that the title of this thread suggests that it's about de-conversion stories.

Your drivel, however, doesn't look like a de-conversion story to me. So what is it doing here then?
Your reply here is drivel. Why was not the title of the thread 'Share your conversion story' ? As in your conversion to Atheism.

The title of the thread shows the innermost heart of the respondents to the thread. They know in their hearts that they are deteriorating and degenerating as they deconvert. They know in their hearts that they have gone backwards, shrunk back into darkness, separated themselves from God.

Poor souls. You might be able to fool yourselves, but you will not fool God on the judgement day when he will bring to account all the idle and foolish things which have been said on this thread as individuals have gone apostate to the faith and allowed themselves to devolve into meaningless, darkened and godless lives.
17-09-2013, 05:58 AM

(17-09-2013 05:48 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Your reply here is drivel. Why was not the title of the thread 'Share your conversion story' ? As in your conversion to Atheism.

Who told you I'm an atheist? A "private" revelation? Laughat

(17-09-2013 05:48 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The title of the thread shows the innermost heart of the respondents to the thread. They know in their hearts that they are deteriorating and degenerating as they deconvert. They know in their hearts that they have gone backwards, shrunk back into darkness, separated themselves from God.

Poor souls. You might be able to fool yourselves, but you will not fool God on the judgement day when he will bring to account all the idle and foolish things which have been said on this thread as individuals have gone apostate to the faith and allowed themselves to devolve into meaningless, darkened and godless lives.

Instead of spouting your nonsense here, you better respond to the thread "Blind Faith is a Sickness". Bucky Ball and I have put a lot of effort into debunking your empty assertions, using reason and evidence - methods apparently unknown to you.

This conversation is over. This thread has been sufficiently derailed already.
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2013, 06:05 AM
(17-09-2013 05:58 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 05:48 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Your reply here is drivel. Why was not the title of the thread 'Share your conversion story' ? As in your conversion to Atheism.

Who told you I'm an atheist? A "private" revelation? Laughat

(17-09-2013 05:48 AM)excubitor Wrote:  The title of the thread shows the innermost heart of the respondents to the thread. They know in their hearts that they are deteriorating and degenerating as they deconvert. They know in their hearts that they have gone backwards, shrunk back into darkness, separated themselves from God.

Instead of spouting your nonsense here, you better respond to the thread "Blind Faith is a Sickness". Bucky Ball and I have put a lot of effort into debunking your empty assertions, using reason and evidence - methods apparently unknown to you.

This conversation is over. This thread has been sufficiently derailed already.
poor fellow. getting a bit hot under the collar? Clearly the signs of a massive guilt trip. You know in your heart that God in heaven will take out the books and read out your deeds and ask you to give an account of every idle word you have spoken here and in your Faith is a Sickness thread. No point hollering at me. God is the one you will have to convince.
17-09-2013, 06:14 AM
(17-09-2013 05:58 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  This conversation is over. This thread has been sufficiently derailed already.
I agree. This thread has run its course. Endlessly repeated stories of apostasy and degeneration does not make for inspiring reading. There is nothing noble, positive or uplifting in a deconversion story. Such a story is a destructive story that harms the teller and the reader.

I suggest that you read and think on positive, uplifting and inspiring stories of atheists converting to Christianity and regenerating, restoring and rebuilding their lives. I have read hundreds of such stories and could easily read a hundred more, whereas the tales of apostasy and faithfulness found in this thread drag upon the soul.

The only thing a deconversion story is good for is to prop up the guilt-ridden deconverters so that they have some company in their misery and a kind of pathetic reinforcement that their tale of woe has some sliver of merit or justification.

Pitiful.
17-09-2013, 12:18 PM
(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I find it interesting that all of these stories are about de-conversion. I find it interesting that you consider yourselves to be deconverting rather than converting to atheism. In your hearts you know that going back to atheism is a step backwards. Its like all those 'de' words, degradation, degeneration, deterioration, and the ultimate 'de' word 'dead'.

Atheism isn't a religion therefore you can't use the word "conversion".
You wrote : "In your hearts you know that going back to atheism is a step backwards".

I prefer in your brain that in your heart because nobody "think , love , speak etc..." with the heart like we use the brain for these things. This organ named "heart" have nothing to do with such things like "love , hate , think etc.."

Do you want evidences ?
17-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I have always found it predictably entertaining to see theists absolutely positive that everyone"really knows in their heart" that God is waiting in the wings and we are just wanting an excuse to engage in debauchery and fornication. Kind of depressing really. For someone with such a great excuse for debauchery and fornication I pretty much never engage in it. I feel like I am getting ripped off.....
[+] 1 user Likes BradleyPride's post