[split] excubitor vs deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 09:20 AM
RE: Share your de-conversion story
(19-09-2013 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:15 AM)excubitor Wrote:  People pour their heart out and then they die and then there is nothing. That is your system. There is no shortage of grief for those who reject the Christian religion and their grief will not stop at death, of that you can be sure.

Of course grief stops at death; everything does.
If grief and heart felt pouring does not exist after death then why do you care about it now? Is it all about holding each others hand as you hurtle toward the grave. Why not tell the suffering sod to top themselves and then that will stop their grief. That is your message. Lovers in despair make suicide pacts. Great system if there is no resurrection and no judgement.

But I say that suicide is a literally mortal sin and that in your next waking moment you will face the living God who will ask an account of why you treated with such disdain the life that he gave you. So do not top yourselves. Rather, console one another as the day of our Lord's appearing approaches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 09:29 AM
(19-09-2013 09:20 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Of course grief stops at death; everything does.
If grief and heart felt pouring does not exist after death then why do you care about it now? Is it all about holding each others hand as you hurtle toward the grave. Why not tell the suffering sod to top themselves and then that will stop their grief. That is your message. Lovers in despair make suicide pacts. Great system if there is no resurrection and no judgement.

But I say that suicide is a literally mortal sin and that in your next waking moment you will face the living God who will ask an account of why you treated with such disdain the life that he gave you. So do not top yourselves. Rather, console one another as the day of our Lord's appearing approaches.

You seem to have an inability to differentiate what is true from what you would like to be true.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-09-2013, 09:32 AM
(19-09-2013 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:17 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Typical filth showing the state of the inner man.
The thread had run its course and was grown cold and boring anyway before I revived it. It was one long pity party. I could not read it actually. It was too pathetic.

Your opinion of the state of this thread is not an excuse to shit all over it.

It is, though, an excellent argument for you being banned from this forum.
If it were in my power, I would do so.
Come off it. What a joke. You guys love this. You murmur amongst yourselves like sullen school boys who the girls won't look at until someone like me comes along and then you all fire up like testosterone laden footballers.

Without me around you are like a football team with no opponents. You haven't had as much fun all year till you could hang your crude condemnations upon me.
I feel sorry for you lot. This is just a diversion for me because there is nothing on TV but you sorry souls live for this. Having rejected the truth you must band together in a kind of brotherhood of guilt as you have your consciences ameliorated by a group bashing of a believer. With the back slapping of your friends and all the mutual reps you give yourselves you go away and can actually manage to get a few hours of sleep at night.

The Lord is not mocked. He knows the innermost workings of your heart, mind and emotions and he will call you out on the last day of judgement.
19-09-2013, 09:37 AM
(19-09-2013 09:32 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your opinion of the state of this thread is not an excuse to shit all over it.

Come off it. What a joke. You guys love this. You murmur amongst yourselves like sullen school boys who the girls won't look at until someone like me comes along and then you all fire up like testosterone laden footballers.

Without me around you are like a football team with no opponents. You haven't had as much fun all year till you could hang your crude condemnations upon me.
I feel sorry for you lot. This is just a diversion for me because there is nothing on TV but you sorry souls live for this. Having rejected the truth you must band together in a kind of brotherhood of guilt as you have your consciences ameliorated by a group bashing of a believer. With the back slapping of your friends and all the mutual reps you give yourselves you go away and can actually manage to get a few hours of sleep at night.

The Lord is not mocked. He knows the innermost workings of your heart, mind and emotions and he will call you out on the last day of judgement.

So, you are merely here to troll.

That is sufficient reason to ban you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 09:53 AM
(19-09-2013 09:32 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your opinion of the state of this thread is not an excuse to shit all over it.

You are the most offensive religious person I have ever come across, and we have had some doozies here. Go away and pray for forgiveness and ask your god to gift you with empathy and diplomacy.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-09-2013, 10:00 AM
(19-09-2013 09:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:32 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Come off it. What a joke. You guys love this. You murmur amongst yourselves like sullen school boys who the girls won't look at until someone like me comes along and then you all fire up like testosterone laden footballers.

So, you are merely here to troll.

That is sufficient reason to ban you.
OK ban me, call me a troll. What do I care? I have been banned by the best. Get me banned and then you can all jump around and have a group hug and grab each others crotches and then sit around all forlorn wondering what to do next.

It's kind of like a greek tragedy. My son used to love tennis. He hated losing but what really depressed him was when the opponents did not turn up to verse him. He could not believe how boring tennis was playing his teammates. This is just sport to me. I walk through a paddock with a stick and sometimes I flick the seed heads off the grass with the stick and sometimes I don't. Big deal. But for you, your whole worldview and whole system of belief depends on impressing enough people that you have been correct in rejecting God and his church and all that is holy.
That is why you are here on this forum for mutual support in unbelief.

As for me. I think the only thing I will miss about this earthly life is kicking the tails of rank atheists like yourselves. You call me a troll and I make light of my involvement here but in fact I genuinely care. I genuinely care about the salvation of your souls, particular the apostate catholics who are in the most need of God's mercy.

When I arrive at the pearly gates I will not get any pats on the back for whooping the tails of atheists even though its great sport. But I might get some reward if even one of you turns from their sin and returns to the Lord God and his church. Call me a troll? It means nothing that I am rejected by men.
James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

I have too many sins of my own, so if my words spare a sinner and hide many of my sins then that is my reward from God, even if the whole world hates me and bans me and even if I were to lose my life at the hands of persecutors.
19-09-2013, 10:05 AM
[split] Share your de-conversion story
(19-09-2013 10:00 AM)excubitor Wrote:  OK ban me, call me a troll. What do I care? I have been banned by the best. Get me banned and then you can all jump around and have a group hug and grab each others crotches and then sit around all forlorn wondering what to do next.

It's kind of like a greek tragedy. My son used to love tennis. He hated losing but what really depressed him was when the opponents did not turn up to verse him. He could not believe how boring tennis was playing his teammates. This is just sport to me. I walk through a paddock with a stick and sometimes I flick the seed heads off the grass with the stick and sometimes I don't. Big deal. But for you, your whole worldview and whole system of belief depends on impressing enough people that you have been correct in rejecting God and his church and all that is holy.

As for me. I think the only thing I will miss about this earthly life is kicking the tails of rank atheists like yourselves. You call me a troll and I make light of my involvement here but in fact I genuinely care. I genuinely care about the salvation of your souls, particular the apostate catholics who are in the most need of God's mercy.

When I arrive at the pearly gates I will not get any pats on the back for whooping the tails of atheists even though its great sport. But I might get some reward if even one of you turns from their sin and returns to the Lord God and his church. Call me a troll? It means nothing that I am rejected by men.
James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

I have too many sins of my own, so if my words spare a sinner and hide many of my sins then that is my reward from God, even if the whole world hates me and bans me and even if I were to lose my life at the hands of persecutors.

You won't get any brownies from your god. You lack empathy and understanding and are the cause of people turning atheist. You come here and behave badly and make us even more sure that we are right and you are wrong. Your mission is ill conceived and your delivery spells failure. Now get out of this thread if you have any decency at all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2013, 10:26 AM
(19-09-2013 10:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 10:00 AM)excubitor Wrote:  OK ban me, call me a troll. What do I care? I have been banned by the best. Get me banned and then you can all jump around and have a group hug and grab each others crotches and then sit around all forlorn wondering what to do next.

You won't get any brownies from your god. You lack empathy and understanding and are the cause of people turning atheist. You come here and behave badly and make us even more sure that we are right and you are wrong. Your mission is ill conceived and your delivery spells failure. Now get out of this thread if you have any decency at all.
So what you are saying is that the effect of evil people like me who lack empathy and understanding is that poor sorry souls who hear my spiteful recriminations end up as atheists. That is very telling.
So atheists are victims of their judgemental christian parents, priests, ministers, teachers and other authorities.

I thought the reason you turned atheist was that you found "the truth" from Penn & Teller and Dawkins and how it matches up with rational thought and science blah, blah, blah. You show yourselves to be double minded men who look upon themselves as victims. Poor little children. Like I said. Grow up. Depart from childish things and think like men.

Seriously though. The mods have been pretty good. They have resisted all the howls of protest to have me banned as a troll and have split off my derailing posts to a seperate thread. I could not have expected fairer treatment in any other forum. So lets respect their wishes and move this debate to the new excubitor vs. deconversion thread. I will not post to this thread any more.
19-09-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: [split] excubitor vs deconversion
(19-09-2013 09:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:32 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Come off it. What a joke. You guys love this. You murmur amongst yourselves like sullen school boys who the girls won't look at until someone like me comes along and then you all fire up like testosterone laden footballers.

You are the most offensive religious person I have ever come across, and we have had some doozies here. Go away and pray for forgiveness and ask your god to gift you with empathy and diplomacy.
OK. I admit that I lack empathy. But I have no empathy for atheists. Is that what you really want? Empathy from a Christian. Do you actually think that atheists have cause to expect empathy from Christians? Again, this is the victim mentality of atheists. It proves that they are not driven completely by rational thought and science but that a large part of why they rejected God is subjective emotional perceptions that they have been spurned or disfavoured by the righteous. This again is the sin of Cain who slew his righteous brother Abel because he had the favour of God.

I have the favour of God and you hate me because of it and say I lack empathy. Did the Philistines throw accusations at the Israelites saying "you lack empathy" as the Israelites routed them and destroyed every man woman and child. The Philistines were destroyed because they were utterly corrupt and everything that they thought, spoke, considered and did was evil and destructive to man, beast and to God. Many atheists are approaching this abject state. When the seven plagues of the wrath of God are poured out on such people it is going to sound kind of lame when they whimper at the angels "you lack empathy".

Atheists are whimpery little victims having a pathetic little cry. Man up boys and take responsibility for your sins. Lay them all out before God and beg for his forgiveness. Then your cringing will be turned to joy and the light of heaven will shine upon you. The slate will be wiped clean and the empathy of God will flood you and cover you like a warm blanket on a chilly night, like the brightness of the sun breaking in the new day.
19-09-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: [split] excubitor vs deconversion
(19-09-2013 10:39 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  You are the most offensive religious person I have ever come across, and we have had some doozies here. Go away and pray for forgiveness and ask your god to gift you with empathy and diplomacy.
OK. I admit that I lack empathy. But I have no empathy for atheists. Is that what you really want? Empathy from a Christian. Do you actually think that atheists have cause to expect empathy from Christians? Again, this is the victim mentality of atheists. It proves that they are not driven completely by rational thought and science but that a large part of why they rejected God is subjective emotional perceptions that they have been spurned or disfavoured by the righteous. This again is the sin of Cain who slew his righteous brother Abel because he had the favour of God.

I have the favour of God and you hate me because of it and say I lack empathy. Did the Philistines throw accusations at the Israelites saying "you lack empathy" as the Israelites routed them and destroyed every man woman and child. The Philistines were destroyed because they were utterly corrupt and everything that they thought, spoke, considered and did was evil and destructive to man, beast and to God. Many atheists are approaching this abject state. When the seven plagues of the wrath of God are poured out on such people it is going to sound kind of lame when they whimper at the angels "you lack empathy".

Atheists are whimpery little victims having a pathetic little cry. Man up boys and take responsibility for your sins. Lay them all out before God and beg for his forgiveness. Then your cringing will be turned to joy and the light of heaven will shine upon you. The slate will be wiped clean and the empathy of God will flood you and cover you like a warm blanket on a chilly night, like the brightness of the sun breaking in the new day.

You do realize that we don't believe in god, don't you? Only asking?Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume