[split] excubitor vs deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: [split] excubitor vs deconversion
(19-09-2013 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 10:39 AM)excubitor Wrote:  OK. I admit that I lack empathy. But I have no empathy for atheists. Is that what you really want? Empathy from a Christian. Do you actually think that atheists have cause to expect empathy from Christians? Again, this is the victim mentality of atheists. It proves that they are not driven completely by rational thought and science but that a large part of why they rejected God is subjective emotional perceptions that they have been spurned or disfavoured by the righteous. This again is the sin of Cain who slew his righteous brother Abel because he had the favour of God.

I have the favour of God and you hate me because of it and say I lack empathy. Did the Philistines throw accusations at the Israelites saying "you lack empathy" as the Israelites routed them and destroyed every man woman and child. The Philistines were destroyed because they were utterly corrupt and everything that they thought, spoke, considered and did was evil and destructive to man, beast and to God. Many atheists are approaching this abject state. When the seven plagues of the wrath of God are poured out on such people it is going to sound kind of lame when they whimper at the angels "you lack empathy".

Atheists are whimpery little victims having a pathetic little cry. Man up boys and take responsibility for your sins. Lay them all out before God and beg for his forgiveness. Then your cringing will be turned to joy and the light of heaven will shine upon you. The slate will be wiped clean and the empathy of God will flood you and cover you like a warm blanket on a chilly night, like the brightness of the sun breaking in the new day.

I don't hate you or anyone for that matter, I am much too decent a person for that. I also don't whimper or cry and I am not aware of any sins.

I feel sorry for you because you live in fear and you are lacking the thing that makes humans different from most animals - empathy.

Go and try to become a good person, maybe then a conversation with you will be more fruitful.
I admit that I do live with a certain amount of fear. I fear God if I were to sin and receive his horrible punishments. This however is a fleeting fear. Whenever I am troubled with this fear I repent of my sins and go to confession. My guilt is utterly assuaged and I feel forgiven by the merciful God.

The scripture says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".

You might assert that you do not fear God, but deep down you do. When you are called up at the last judgement and the books are opened and you are called to give an account for your thoughts, words and deeds, you will know fear. As you stand upon the brink of the lake of fire and look down at those in torment down there, you will know fear. As the scripture says in Hebrews 10:It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Also. As I have explained I have confessed that I have a serious lack of empathy for atheists and apostate catholics. And as I am engaging with a whole array of apostate atheistic catholics it is hardly surprising that you do not feel much empathy from me. In fact I would not have it any other way.

However there are a great bulk of humanity who have not had the exposure to the true faith that apostate catholics have had. In ignorance they thrash around doing their best, knowing very little about anything which is true. Trapped in sin they are wracked with all kinds of sicknesses emotional disorders, superstitions and sufferings. I certainly have empathy with them. Cast off your atheism and become one of these hapless ignorants and you will experience my empathy.

As I said in a previous post. The knowledge of the love of Mary which transcends all empathy and love that I could exhibit by many times. This is the love which drives me to take a sliver of pity for atheists. Check back with me in a couple of days. I hope that my prayers to Mary to intercede for you will result in me showing sympathy and empathy for those who least deserve it but who are in most need of it, such as the rank atheists who inhabit this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 12:01 PM
(19-09-2013 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 10:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Agreed, he's a Grade-A example of the kind of person that drives people away from religion.

I'm guessing it's good that I haven't really read what he's written... because y'all know how I feel about these type of people.

Back away KC...you don't even want to know.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
19-09-2013, 12:20 PM
(19-09-2013 11:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  You might assert that you do not fear God, but deep down you do.

... this is my signature!
19-09-2013, 12:32 PM
(19-09-2013 10:26 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 10:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  You won't get any brownies from your god. You lack empathy and understanding and are the cause of people turning atheist. You come here and behave badly and make us even more sure that we are right and you are wrong. Your mission is ill conceived and your delivery spells failure. Now get out of this thread if you have any decency at all.
So what you are saying is that the effect of evil people like me who lack empathy and understanding is that poor sorry souls who hear my spiteful recriminations end up as atheists. That is very telling.
So atheists are victims of their judgemental christian parents, priests, ministers, teachers and other authorities.

I thought the reason you turned atheist was that you found "the truth" from Penn & Teller and Dawkins and how it matches up with rational thought and science blah, blah, blah. You show yourselves to be double minded men who look upon themselves as victims. Poor little children. Like I said. Grow up. Depart from childish things and think like men.

Seriously though. The mods have been pretty good. They have resisted all the howls of protest to have me banned as a troll and have split off my derailing posts to a seperate thread. I could not have expected fairer treatment in any other forum. So lets respect their wishes and move this debate to the new excubitor vs. deconversion thread. I will not post to this thread any more.

There are many reasons people will reject religion or belief, and many paths back to atheism.

There are others, like me, who never believed in any gods. There was no evidence of their existence and the ideas were ludicrous.

I am not a victim and I am quite sure my cognitive skills exceed yours.

And, yes, people like you drive doubters to full disbelief. Thank you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Does one convert to not being a baseball fan?

Do you convert to not believing in Big Foot?

Or do you stop being a baseball fan?

Or do you stop believing in big foot?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-09-2013, 01:29 PM
(19-09-2013 11:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't hate you or anyone for that matter, I am much too decent a person for that. I also don't whimper or cry and I am not aware of any sins.

I feel sorry for you because you live in fear and you are lacking the thing that makes humans different from most animals - empathy.

Go and try to become a good person, maybe then a conversation with you will be more fruitful.
I admit that I do live with a certain amount of fear. I fear God if I were to sin and receive his horrible punishments. This however is a fleeting fear. Whenever I am troubled with this fear I repent of my sins and go to confession. My guilt is utterly assuaged and I feel forgiven by the merciful God.

The scripture says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".

You might assert that you do not fear God, but deep down you do. When you are called up at the last judgement and the books are opened and you are called to give an account for your thoughts, words and deeds, you will know fear. As you stand upon the brink of the lake of fire and look down at those in torment down there, you will know fear. As the scripture says in Hebrews 10:It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Also. As I have explained I have confessed that I have a serious lack of empathy for atheists and apostate catholics. And as I am engaging with a whole array of apostate atheistic catholics it is hardly surprising that you do not feel much empathy from me. In fact I would not have it any other way.

However there are a great bulk of humanity who have not had the exposure to the true faith that apostate catholics have had. In ignorance they thrash around doing their best, knowing very little about anything which is true. Trapped in sin they are wracked with all kinds of sicknesses emotional disorders, superstitions and sufferings. I certainly have empathy with them. Cast off your atheism and become one of these hapless ignorants and you will experience my empathy.

As I said in a previous post. The knowledge of the love of Mary which transcends all empathy and love that I could exhibit by many times. This is the love which drives me to take a sliver of pity for atheists. Check back with me in a couple of days. I hope that my prayers to Mary to intercede for you will result in me showing sympathy and empathy for those who least deserve it but who are in most need of it, such as the rank atheists who inhabit this forum.

Empathy is not something you can choose to give or not give. You are either blessed with it or you are not. Empathy is not pity. Empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes, to understand and feel with others. You can't decide to have it or not have it.

You are a lousy Catholic. My aunt is a catholic I can respect, she is a good person, she does good and she doesn't resort to the attitude that sinning is ok because all will be forgiven if you only go to church. She doesn't go to church to be forgiven, she does it because she feels she belongs there and it gives her peace. Peace that you have not found, you are a hateful person.

You are the one with the disorder, the inability to be truly good, the inability to rid yourself of evil, hate and disdain for others. Compared to you, I am a saint.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-09-2013, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 02:23 PM by kim.)
(19-09-2013 11:12 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm guessing it's good that I haven't really read what he's written... because y'all know how I feel about these type of people.

I don't think you'd find it worth your time KC...just a hunch I have. Drinking Beverage

Mmm... I don't know, Kingsy... this guy seems sad. I think he's bitter that his god isn't what he thought it would be. (I think he said he went from protestant to catholic) I get the feeling he thinks reality is outside of himself, rather than in the human being next to him ... or is reflected in the mirror, you know?

He chides people for being here and communing with fellow humanity yet ... he's here, too ... lashing about, taking out his resentment with something akin to "my church is better than your church" when he doesn't really get that there is no church.

It might be painful for him. Hope he gets his shit together. His science is crap; he could stand to stick around and have fun learning new stuff and maybe just find out how to be content with how life moves. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Hrmm.

Figured as much.

So many "Christians" don't even know what it means to be a "little Christ".

I find many of you heathens have a better grasp than most of theists that stop by.

Sad really.

/sigh

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-09-2013, 02:40 PM
(19-09-2013 02:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hrmm.

Figured as much.

So many "Christians" don't even know what it means to be a "little Christ".

I find many of you heathens have a better grasp than most of theists that stop by.

Sad really.

/sigh

Probably because we've actually thought about our moral, ethical, and existential positions. Y'know, with our minds.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2013, 02:47 PM
(19-09-2013 11:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I fear God if I were to sin and receive his horrible punishments.

(19-09-2013 11:57 AM)excubitor Wrote:  ... by the merciful God.

Consider

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post